Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

I am a console peasent and wish to be able to purchase some of the new (and old) tennogen cosmetics. I understand that its probably harder to be able to implement for consoles but i feel if they are implemented for console it would boost sales for DE and for the creators (if they are still doing that). The goal of this thread is to get other console players (or really nice pc players) to comments and support the idea. Sorry if there is another post like this but i did not see one. 

-------------------------------------

December 27th:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/628255-tennogen-on-consoles-and-non-steam-pc-warframe/?do=findComment&comment=6637973

--------------------------------------

March 21st:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/628255-tennogen-on-consoles-and-non-steam-pc-warframe/?do=findComment&comment=7037424

They mentioned on the last Dev Stream that they're going to try to expand community-made items beyond just Steam (that may mean including consoles), but that there would be a lot of contracting stuff and work going into it, so it probably won't happen for a very long time.

It would be super cool if they could do this, but I think Steam is really the people/ company that gets to choose, and they want to make more money from sales on pc items which I guess is why its purchasable on steam with real money and not with platinum.  So I mean, even if you have warframe and its not with a steam account, you still cant buy these right?  So I don't think its DE, I think its steam wanting to get some of the money to since its in the workshop part of steam no?

Maybe DE can do something to sway steam to put these out for everyone... but I think steam is kind of like wanting to make these PC/ steam only..

But good luck and I hope something good happens for the console players to! XD

The people you'd need to petition are the console manufacturers, Sony and Microsoft.

I can very easily see them not being all to keen on it.

So would they have to petition Sony/ Microsoft to allow Steam stuff on their things and then they would share the money.... or would it be more like allow the steam thing on Xbox Live and Playstation Network... and then Xbox Live and PSN get to keep all the money... it just seems so very hard to get all of them to agree?  Steam will want the money and sales from Xbox Live and PSN... and Xbox will want the money and so will PSN...

looks like i should have done some research before posting XD. I was unaware the content was created through steam i figured the modles were made on some other third party software. I thought only rubido and phased skins were exsclusive to steam. I also didnt understand the clients for PC i thought warframe was it own thing sort of how LoL is (only pc game i play if that puts my understanding to purspective). also in my blondness i never put Steam and steam workshop together. Thanks for informing me :3 its just a shame that only one platform can enjoy all these new skns though they all look really nice. Even the infested weapons are a nice touch.

The people you'd need to petition are the console manufacturers, Sony and Microsoft.

I can very easily see them not being all to keen on it.

They won't be keen on it as they'd make more money if none of the money went to the creator, Maybe the creator could be given platinum for every console purchase if they'd allow it

It's upsetting that some people think that this is DE's fault and they are responsible for this content not making it's way to consoles. Like they are all 'PC Master Race, we hate consoles so much we don't want more money!'

The fact is that Steam has created a venue that facilitates user-created content to make actual money, while Sony and Microsoft are behind the times. They've spent a lot of time catching up to the digital distribution space that Steam really made work. Honestly everything about creating games for consoles is made more difficult by the console makers themselves. It extends far beyond just certification. PC just has the luxury of being a much more open, less proprietary space, without the overhead of a controlling company.

It's hard to know these complications until you've been through it, but rest assured working with consoles is a nightmare and i'm sure DE will make the arduous journey to making it work if at all possible.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like i should have done some research before posting XD. I was unaware the content was created through steam i figured the modles were made on some other third party software. I thought only rubido and phased skins were exsclusive to steam. I also didnt understand the clients for PC i thought warframe was it own thing sort of how LoL is (only pc game i play if that puts my understanding to purspective). also in my blondness i never put Steam and steam workshop together. Thanks for informing me :3 its just a shame that only one platform can enjoy all these new skns though they all look really nice. Even the infested weapons are a nice touch.

ah man the skins arnt all that great its the new models that look good all the skins render weird in game yall arnt missing much just an oversized volt helm aka  "Thales helm"

Edited by Hellboy44

So i make player made content for a living. DE will need to hookup some T's and C's, a contract for the creator and a system to manage its own taxes from revenue in different regions/countries and then hook this up into the in game marketplace. Steam is an easy method but limited reach, if they want all platforms and all clients (non-steam) then they need to make their own system. Its a lot of work and i wouldnt expect anything fast, the legal side of it takes the longest as you usually deal with 3rd party lawyers to write your company up a good strong t's/c's and all that lingo. We are talking easily a year if not more.

If it wasn't through Steam DE would be the ones paying people which has legal consequences. Steam has the infrastructure that handles payment and liability.

If DE were to implement this on consoles they would have to create all of that. I'd rather have DEs resources go towards new content.

I think the issue is that the creators are paid out through steam with real world money.  I think that's what DE is trying to figure out with the consoles.

Yes this is exactly what we'll be working on sorting out in the New Year. Keep in mind that we are also looking to bring the Tennogen skins to the in-game market for non-steam PC players as well.