Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

devs should mail every console player in game that they are working on tennogen for consoles, cuz I keep reading questions and angry messages from consolinos over and over again.

I think it's just a lot of player salty over not getting the content right away. As a console player of warframe since U11 I've learned to just wait and the goodies will roll in eventually.

Yes this is exactly what we'll be working on sorting out in the New Year. Keep in mind that we are also looking to bring the Tennogen skins to the in-game market for non-steam PC players as well.

thanks for that. i cant stand using steam esp since i dont play any games through it.

Just for remember , we already have tennogen skin creations in ps4, with vectis, dual zoren and scindo , im dont know the process to make available but is possible

Those tennogen items were sent and voted through the forums, creators are paid for tgeir sales on platinum, while the current tennogen items were submitted, voted and implemented through steam, giving a share of money to creators, DE and Valve.

You're right, they are both tennogen, but differences on how they were implemented seems to be the source of the issues here.

As much as I'd like to see everyone getting these items, they were made on Steam and can only be bought through Steam. Even if Sony/Microsoft were ok with adding these items, Valve has a kind of damaged relationship with both parties after being denied the ability to add free content to their games (e.g. Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2), which ultimately led to them focusing more on Steam and less on partnering up with consoles. A clear sign of this is the production of 'Steam Machines' and the Steam controller to pose as a direct rival to current gen consoles.

There's also the problem with how Tennogen is monetized. If DE is focused on handling money from one avenue and distributing it among contributors, I doubt they'd want to focus on 3. Transactions on Steam probably work differently to transactions on Playstation/Xbox storefronts and it would be a logistical nightmare to handle all of that, all just for a couple of cosmetics.

Hopefully down the line the console players get some sort of bundle with all the Tennogen items, but I doubt it at this point. 

Why does everybody think we dont have tennogen on console!! We have weaponskin winners of tennogen contests. We will sooner or later get the cosmetics for frames. Calm down noobs!

Those tennogen items were sent and voted through the forums, creators are paid for tgeir sales on platinum, while the current tennogen items were submitted, voted and implemented through steam, giving a share of money to creators, DE and Valve.

You're right, they are both tennogen, but differences on how they were implemented seems to be the source of the issues here.

• 1 month later...

XBOX1 and PS4 players are still not geting it.

They WANT to do that but it's not like they can simply do it.

They are trying to, but since this content is paid directly in €/$ to the workshop contributor, it's harder to do for consoles.

Not only the creator, keep in mind that the whole process has been done through steam platform, and thus Valve also takes a share from each sale, making this an agreement between DE, Valve and Sony/Microsoft, which might take some time, and this if all of the parts get to an agreement.

PD: I'd love an emerald excal skin on PC <3

Edited by -----LegioN-----

You think they aren't trying?

It seems like this, as if no one has asked before. OP, DE is trying, but just asking isn't going to make it happen. This whole agreement is between DE, the creators, and Valve. As said above, Sony and Microsoft would have to get involved too.

This is very clearly not an easy or short process.