Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

as tennogen items are sold through steam for real money and not plat it is difficult to get them to console, they would have to work something out with sony/microsoft so they can be sold on store for money, but being on store they would most likely come in bundles.

the other way is for them to sell them in game for plat and seeing as the creaters get a cut of the money from all skins sold they would have to be in agreement with the creators that they may receive plat to there in game account rather then money.

Edited by (PS4)tknowles

This thread again? I'm pretty sure DE is working on that alongside a lot of other things, I mean, the reason why it isn't implemented yet is just a lot of legal hurdles and maybe programming their own platform to handle the payments before being able of doing it

2 hours ago, (XB1)Reaper Aktual said:

Well, that is rather upsetting. I know we have Tennogen skins and Icons already, so I thought it was just more of an export issue.

Those were handled in forum contests, DE called artists to submit some concepts, players voted their favorite participants and then DE brought them to the game. The ones currently tied to steam are almost totally created by players using the tennogen tool (obtained through steam) sent to "contest" through steam workshop, voted there by steam users and chosen from the pool with the ones appealing both, users and devs. Totally different processes which explains why non steam pc players can't get those skins unless they create a steam account 

I want an obsidian Excalibur skin but I know it's not gonna happen -.-

7 hours ago, (XB1)Reaper Aktual said:

Just curious, but when can console players expect to see more of the Tennogen content that is on PC?

I've seen a lot of the skins and helmets that look amazing! Would really like to use them, so was just wondering.

7 hours ago, NaharaEriclea said:

Unknown. There's legal red-tape DE has to deal with to somehow get the Tennogen stuff on the consoles. Until they get that sorted out, they can't release them anywhere outside of Steam.

This

DE's corporate staff have to iron out the legalese over profit sharing of tennogen sales between Sony, Microsoft, Steam, the content creators, and DE themselves.

I imagine it's a massive hoop to jump through.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

14 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

they mentioned all of the contracts are in order in the latest prime time

^

There is your answer

No they havent said how much stuff will cost, its still a work in progress and an announcement will be made when its done.

22 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

-snip-

Wasn't it a thing that Tennogen would't be out for consoles because Gaben Steam?

I don't think that was ever a thing. What I remember is that items hosted on Steam Workshop have to be money exchanges because Valve requires a cut of the profits as part of the deal.

36 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

Wasn't it a thing that Tennogen would't be out for consoles because Gaben Steam?

Contractually, for anything put on Steam valve take a cut. So you can't just go and undercut them by having 'on-the-side' deals elsewhere.

I suspect the contracts were reworked with the new batch, in which DE are allowed to have PSN, and XBL host the skins themselves, thereby not undercutting Valve in any way (Valve have no market in the console space).

If i were people, at best i would hold out hope for the new batch making it to the Standalone Launcher on PC. I wouldn't hold out much hope for the old stuff however. If they have managed to rework those contracts, then it will come as a pleasant surprise. Otherwise, you just set yourself up for disappointment. 

3 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Contractually, for anything put on Steam valve take a cut. So you can't just go and undercut them by having 'on-the-side' deals elsewhere.

I suspect the contracts were reworked with the new batch, in which DE are allowed to have PSN, and XBL host the skins themselves, thereby not undercutting Valve in any way (Valve have no market in the console space).

If i were people, at best i would hold out hope for the new batch making it to the Standalone Launcher on PC. I wouldn't hold out much hope for the old stuff however. If they have managed to rework those contracts, then it will come as a pleasant surprise. Otherwise, you just set yourself up for disappointment. 

That'd be something at least.

To anyone doubting OP, this information is correct. It was discussed during the art panel at Tennocon.

Rebecca said that consoles would be getting Tennogen items starting with the most popular items on PC. These items would be available for plat. Hopefully this should be implemented within 2 months. 

It's unclear what this means for PC players, including PC players that don't use Steam. I assume that the situation will remain unchanged for them until further notice.

2 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

To anyone doubting OP, this information is correct. It was discussed during the art panel at Tennocon.

Rebecca said that consoles would be getting Tennogen items starting with the most popular items on PC. These items would be available for plat. Hopefully this should be implemented within 2 months. 

It's unclear what this means for PC players, including PC players that don't use Steam. I assume that the situation will remain unchanged for them until further notice.

As far I kown, Console players are not getting ALL Tennocon's items, like we do, only the most popular items, so they not get that much as we do, regardless. However I do want to point out, even if we DO NOT get the Platinum payyed Tennoskins, thats not really a big deal, as if you put it this way, the PC fokes are SUPPORTING the Devs of thos Skins/Workshop items by useing real money, while Consoles are getting just so they are happy.

If the plat thing comes over to the PC, sure thats fine, but I feel if we keep paying by real money, we support the people who made them.

6 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

As far I kown, Console players are not getting ALL Tennocon's items, like we do, only the most popular items, so they not get that much as we do, regardless. However I do want to point out, even if we DO NOT get the Platinum payyed Tennoskins, thats not really a big deal, as if you put it this way, the PC fokes are SUPPORTING the Devs of thos Skins/Workshop items by useing real money, while Consoles are getting just so they are happy.

If the plat thing comes over to the PC, sure thats fine, but I feel if we keep paying by real money, we support the people who made them.

Well, we're also throwing money at Valve too, so...

15 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

They said thing had been worked out for Tennogen on console. I don't remember anyone saying it'd be for plat. And I really hope it's NOT for plat. Sorry, but that just isn't fair to content creators.

Unless they get shares of the plat like the ones for the content contests we've had in the past.