Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

16 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

At Tennocon, Rebecca mentioned that the legal contracts for tennogen were just about sorted, and that you should hopefully see some of the tennogen stuff appearing on consoles soon.

great news to hear i guess it's time for me to get saving 

There are people with thousands upon thousands of plat stockpiled, this is what people want tenno gen items for plat, additionally someone can purchase one 1000p at a 75% discount and purchase a huge chunk of the tennogen items if they are for plat, whats going to happen is DE will piss off the content creators and they will stop making content as there will be no profit from it on console, I'm sorry but if I'm getting paid cash by one party and getting food rations from another you can bet I'm going to want to drop the second party, not everyone wants plat for their hard work, I can't use plat to pay my bills or rent, and ya there are people making tons and tons of cash from popular tenno gen....I'm curious to see which direction DE goes with this.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:00 AM, Knight_Ex said:

There are people with thousands upon thousands of plat stockpiled, this is what people want tenno gen items for plat, additionally someone can purchase one 1000p at a 75% discount and purchase a huge chunk of the tennogen items if they are for plat, whats going to happen is DE will piss off the content creators and they will stop making content as there will be no profit from it on console, I'm sorry but if I'm getting paid cash by one party and getting food rations from another you can bet I'm going to want to drop the second party, not everyone wants plat for their hard work, I can't use plat to pay my bills or rent, and ya there are people making tons and tons of cash from popular tenno gen....I'm curious to see which direction DE goes with this.

That's the dumbest comment I've ever read. Skin creators get money from steam only. Whether consoles get these skins or not have absolutely no effect on skin creators whatsoever, as neither Sony nor Microsoft will pay cash to creators. Besides, there is no platinum discounts on consoles, only single item discount from market so there is no way for them to purchase a huge chunk of the tennogen skins using 1 coupon. 

Edited by osuman

On July 30, 2016 at 7:12 PM, osuman said:

That's the dumbest comment I've ever read. Skin creators get money from steam only. Whether consoles get these skins or not have absolutely no effect on skin creators whatsoever, as neither Sony nor Microsoft will pay cash to creators. Besides, there is no platinum discounts on consoles, only single item discount from market so there is no way for them to purchase a huge chunk of the tennogen skins using 1 coupon. 

I really agree on this

anyways of the person you quoted did manage to pin DE's main reason I'm sure de could simply make the app they use go on the ps4 for download where players could edit such things there... Would give everyone their own separate things if somehow pic couldn't get Tenno items on the ps4....

ANYWAYS it's said a tennocon

#soon

12 hours ago, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

I really agree on this

anyways of the person you quoted did manage to pin DE's main reason I'm sure de could simply make the app they use go on the ps4 for download where players could edit such things there... Would give everyone their own separate things if somehow pic couldn't get Tenno items on the ps4....

ANYWAYS it's said a tennocon

#soon

Well that's actually not true. You don't know what DE worked out, so talking about that is literally pulling facts from one's rear orifice.

There's a couple of ways of looking at it:

for introduction into vanilla wf and console:

It's a market that wasn't being tapped into anyways, so they get plat instead of getting nothing. Getting plat means they can use it to buy in-game stuff they want instead of spending the cash they earn back into the game to purchase said plat for trading, buying cosmetics, gear, etc.

against introduction into vanilla wf and console:

If players wish to purchase, they must to do via steam. Therefore, the creators always get paid cash, so none of the profit is split into plat and they can funnel all clients into further fuelling their income. 

Personally, I think it's clear that I'm for introduction to all of Warframe. A lot of people don't buy the Tennogen because of the Steam exclusive factor, mostly because they can't. I'd like to see the amazing work by our Creative minds in more people's customisations, more people's loadouts. It's a shame that so much awesome content is locked to a fraction of the playerbase. 

As for people would stop buying it from steam if they introduced it for plat, I don't think that's true. We're talking about a community that supports the Devs because of their appreciation: people would still choose to support their favourite creators as patrons. People aren't as petty as that.

So with the console debut, I'm hopeful that something will come for vanilla wf as well. 

Here's to the future.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

From Steve's twitter responses, it doesn't sound like vanilla wf is going to get the option to buy tennogen outside of steam.

You hear that?

It sounds like crackling..

Oh right, it's the sound of my hopes and dreams catching fire and turning to ash...

D:

2 hours ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

From Steve's twitter responses, it doesn't sound like vanilla wf is going to get the option to buy tennogen outside of steam.

Not making much sense right now.

Was hoping that platinum TG would encourage even more people to submit their works, especially with the addition of consolers.

Edited by Naith