Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

3 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Well that's actually not true. You don't know what DE worked out, so talking about that is literally pulling facts from one's rear orifice.

There's a couple of ways of looking at it:

for introduction into vanilla wf and console:

It's a market that wasn't being tapped into anyways, so they get plat instead of getting nothing. Getting plat means they can use it to buy in-game stuff they want instead of spending the cash they earn back into the game to purchase said plat for trading, buying cosmetics, gear, etc.

against introduction into vanilla wf and console:

If players wish to purchase, they must to do via steam. Therefore, the creators always get paid cash, so none of the profit is split into plat and they can funnel all clients into further fuelling their income. 

Personally, I think it's clear that I'm for introduction to all of Warframe. A lot of people don't buy the Tennogen because of the Steam exclusive factor, mostly because they can't. I'd like to see the amazing work by our Creative minds in more people's customisations, more people's loadouts. It's a shame that so much awesome content is locked to a fraction of the playerbase. 

As for people would stop buying it from steam if they introduced it for plat, I don't think that's true. We're talking about a community that supports the Devs because of their appreciation: people would still choose to support their favourite creators as patrons. People aren't as petty as that.

So with the console debut, I'm hopeful that something will come for vanilla wf as well. 

Here's to the future.

#tennocon, just what they said about it is all

Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart

Any announcement as to what made the cut? I really want the Chroma helmet and some of the Nova ones.

Also, if the creators just get 50% of the plat or whatever, it's still really just plat for nothing as its in addition to the pc steam sales. Might as well convert to console for plat than not convert it and get nothing. Im sure the creators had to agree to it, so if they are happy, that's all that counts.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Any announcement as to what made the cut? I really want the Chroma helmet and some of the Nova ones.

Also, if the creators just get 50% of the plat or whatever, it's still really just plat for nothing as its in addition to the pc steam sales. Might as well convert to console for plat than not convert it and get nothing. Im sure the creators had to agree to it, so if they are happy, that's all that counts.

They showed the what made the cut at the end of PS4@4 yesterday.  It's the falcon mesa helmet, a zephyr skin, and 3 sydanas.

Skip to about the 1:04:38 time mark.  (Hope this link works...)

https://www.twitch.tv/warframe/v/81400917

1 hour ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

They showed the what made the cut at the end of PS4@4 yesterday.  It's the falcon mesa helmet, a zephyr skin, and 3 sydanas.

Skip to about the 1:04:38 time mark.  (Hope this link works...)

https://www.twitch.tv/warframe/v/81400917

Thanks for that, will definitely support this project with a syndana or 2 (or 3)) :)

Can we expect to have the ability to buy the steam skins without steam some day?

i really don't want to use third party software ( and reinstall the entire game ) just to SEE what i "maybe" want to buy!

i am strongly against using any third party software...

i also hear warframe runs more stable without steam

" DE wants to make money and thats okay  but locking something even time limited is bad...

a product should be available to BUY to ANYONE through ANY method to make its most easy to be accessed it.. especially if real money in involved...

many people don't like/want steam and DE is loosing potential customers on that end. "

Edited by Vyra

5 hours ago, Vyra said:

Can we expect to have the ability to buy the steam skins without steam some day?

i really don't want to use third party software ( and reinstall the entire game ) just to SEE what i "maybe" want to buy!

i am strongly against using any third party software...

i also hear warframe runs more stable without steam

" DE wants to make money and thats okay  but locking something even time limited is bad...

a product should be available to BUY to ANYONE through ANY method to make its most easy to be accessed it.. especially if real money in involved...

many people don't like/want steam and DE is loosing potential customers on that end. "

Check out the devstream today, they went into it a bit.  Don't have a time stamp for you though.

So consoles get to have Tennogen stuff for FREE? (Plat) I really didn't expect this. I mean, this is plain unfair for us Tennogen buyers because we were told there would be no regression and that it will ALWAYS be in hard cash and never with plat and now you are telling me console players get to buy with plat?

This is not fair at all. I just wished I could get a refund right now. Unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, RIOT said:

you don't want to support the tennogen designers for their hard work?

I did but now that I realized console players don't have to it makes me regret dumping money into Tennogen

4 minutes ago, (XB1)BroaderSaucer said:

1. We only get a limited inventory of tennogen items, and only content creators that agree to have the items available for plat get there items put on console

2. Its impossible for them to cost plat on PC due to legal issues

3. we have to wait MUCH longer for the items

1) I hope you do understand that Tennogen is Tennogen, no matter how little. I mean you guys are getting it for free. Appreciate that. 

2) So consoles can evade the law huh

3) As with every other thing for consoles. I am not even referring to wait times. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

Actually, we get market discounts, and when sony/Microsoft decide to do a sale, we can double dip our discounts

once in a blue moon maybe, but we get em every 3 days lol, for the individual. Otherwise we also have steam sales on plat packs and whatever event DE does.

Edited by BlazerEraser

Just now, Cenat said:

1) I hope you do understand that Tennogen is Tennogen, no matter how little. I mean you guys are getting it for free. Appreciate that. 

2) So consoles can evade the law huh

3) As with every other thing for consoles. I am not even referring to wait times. 

1: k

2: its a legal agreement with STEAM. consoles are not effected by stem.

3: the wait times for tennogen are much longer than the wait times for things like updates.