Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

The workshop is just a means to distribute this content. It does not apply on consoles.

That isn't correct. The Steam TOS (section 2 paragraph C, if you're curious) specifically forbids using content created with Steam developer tools for commercial purposes without a license. The ability for Warframe players to create items in Steam Workshop to be used in Warframe—and for both DE and the developers of those items to be paid for it—is due to a deal that DE hammered out with Steam. In order to put those items on a non-Steam network, there would have to be another, separate deal made, and I can almost guarantee that part of that deal is Steam getting a cut for the products that were designed using Steam's proprietary software.

Edited by motorfirebox

Why does it always come down to exclusives its almost like pc players don't look up the official reason why consoles got obsidian and jade in the first place..

Pc got two sets of steam exclusive skins. Console players said that was ridiculous . Console players never got a chance at founders items. 

So de decided hey sorry we couldn't get you guys the founder program items due to price limitations and sorry for those exclusives pc skins here is a set of Excalibur,lato and skana skins that could not be colored they were stuck blue. 

Then xbox came along and needed to be treated fairly they got a excal skin...but no lato or skana instead they got completely different items. The renown packs have grown into a thing that alot of ps4 players do not even want at $10 a pack. .

Just recently after months of asking to be able to change the color of obsidian items did they get changed now people actually start to care. renown has grown past what it was meant to originally be. Basically a ghetto founders pack.

Why does it always come down to exclusives its almost like pc players don't look up the official reason why consoles got obsidian and jade in the first place..

Pc got two sets of steam exclusive skins. Console players said that was ridiculous . Console players never got a chance at founders items. 

So de decided hey sorry we couldn't get you guys the founder program items due to price limitations and sorry for those exclusives pc skins here is a set of Excalibur,lato and skana skins that could not be colored they were stuck blue. 

Then xbox came along and needed to be treated fairly they got a excal skin...but no lato or skana instead they got completely different items. The renown packs have grown into a thing that alot of ps4 players do not even want at $10 a pack. .

Just recently after months of asking to be able to change the color of obsidian items did they get changed now people actually start to care. renown has grown past what it was meant to originally be. Basically a ghetto founders pack.

It's not about founders.

Console exclusives are a thing because Sony and Microsoft wanted it to be a thing or they would have not accepted the game

It's not about founders.

Console exclusives are a thing because Sony and Microsoft wanted it to be a thing or they would have not accepted the game

Everything i said was completely true and has been said several times on streams. 

Renown packs 2 and 3 where called the ps4 equivalent to founders packs several times on stream when they came out

Besides the first renown pack came out ages after the ps4 release of warframe. 

Edited by (PS4)HexerMako

We non-steam players pay plat to DE

DE pay cash to developers and steam

problem solved

is that that difficult?

you get a 75% coupon

you pay 25% of what you would have paid without said coupon

DE stated Tennogen creators get a 30% cut of the money

I doubt there is an easy way to track at what rate every single platinum has been bought

If DE gives 30% of the money they would have earned at a regular consersion rate to Tennogen creators while the plat has only been bought at 25% of the price they end up losing money.

also there might be some legal problems DE needs to work out with steam, since steam wants to earn from content hosted on their servers (Workshop).

Everything i said was completely true and has been said several times on streams. 

Renown packs 2 and 3 where called the ps4 equivalent to founders packs several times on stream when they came out

Besides the first renown pack came out ages after the ps4 release of warframe. 

well I stand corrected

you get a 75% coupon

I doubt there is an easy way to track at what rate every single platinum has been bought

If DE gives 30% of the money they would have earned at a regular consersion rate to Tennogen creators while the plat has only been bought at 25% of the price they end up losing money.

also there might be some legal problems DE needs to work out with steam, since steam wants to earn from content hosted on their servers (Workshop).

well I stand corrected

If DE can identify starting plat, they can identify discount plat.

And the legal problems may be bypassed with DE purchasing a chunk of skins and then importing them - Steam and the creator are still getting their cut of the money.

Is there any chance of the prices of some to be reduced ? Like the helmets.. they are way too expensive for a single helmet... i would pay 3 euro but 6 is waaay too high ....

Way to high, when you know that some people pay only 5$ ...

If they could make it the same price for everyone first.

you get a 75% coupon

well I stand corrected

you just need a higher plat price of the items to solve the problem

Any time a new program comes out their are bugs to work through and hurdles to jump.  I wish we could just see them in the PS/Xbone stores, but if everyone gets a cut your looking at DE shares being miniscule on consoles.  Creators 30%, Steam cut ?%, Sony/MS ?%, DE get's whatever is left after the leeches get their blood (Creators aren't the leeches in this scenario by the way lol). 

Other topic:  if you recall Steam has gotten several exclusive skins through Summer Sales programs.  The platform skin exclusivity thing is just something we are gonna have to live with.  I feel bad for the none Steam PC players if they can't get their hands on any of the platform exclusive skins.

why not making like a prime acesse ppl buy the prime acesse with real money not with plat

that way we can make the right thing for the players

we have syndanas exclusive from this prime acesses why not puting tennogen acessess

Syandanas and any prine cosmetic is totally made by DE, with no public votes nor collaborations from users, so all the money goes straight on DE's pockets.

As many said before, tennogen items are created by users, and steam is the platform used for said content to be sent, voted, and then implemented into game, so all DE, Valve and content creators get a share of the money. And sending these items into consoles will need to assure those 3 shares of money (DE = game devs / Content Creators = no need to explain why / Valve = creators of the platform that allowed those items make it into the game) plus a share for Microsoft and Sony (without their consoles there would be only PC warframe) so, as said before, this is not as easy as it seems, mostly for legal reasons

If there's that big of a fuss aboot it, then why not just have a skins and helmets contest for consols where the consol people can send in their designs and ideas like they did for steam? and then steam is not involved at all so problem solved. I'm sure they're are PLENTY of conol people with graphic design backgrounds or interests, or people that draw really well. Problem solved and simple.  
Exclusives are always going to exist between different things, for example- each store has different features in their DVDs like a stuffed animal for a kids movie in one and a bonus short in it at another. It helps breed competition and many other things that try to take people from one group and try to put them in another to get their money.

What Icould see happening for consoles is to have Tennogen purchasable as it currently is, only upon purchase you may be given a code to redeem in the console store much in the way DLC is downloaded and purchased. This would make the most sense, but there is still the logistics of who gets how much of what money that is the red tape.