Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

The devs have stated that they're working on it.  Many executives at the companies involved have to agreed on a lot of fine points, some exceptionally greedy specimens will scream bloody murder while trying to get more than their fair share of the pie.

The folks at DE are trying to smooth ruffled feathers and get the goodies out to console players, they want to make this happen.

How about this.

A platinum-bundle is worth x amount of real money. We know that.

Buyer wants to buy Mag helmet no 2.

By taking the prices set in Steam as a template, DE converts the price of the tennogen item from $> Platinum.

They then in effect sells platinum to Buyer.

That platinum is then USED to purchase the Mag Helmet no2.

Since the item is nontradable, no money EARNED plat ingame can be used to buy it since the transaction take place in another channel that DE control.

They then set appropiate % to the creator, 30% in Steam.

How about that solution?

How about this.

A platinum-bundle is worth x amount of real money. We know that.

Buyer wants to buy Mag helmet no 2.

By taking the prices set in Steam as a template, DE converts the price of the tennogen item from $> Platinum.

They then in effect sells platinum to Buyer.

That platinum is then USED to purchase the Mag Helmet no2.

Since the item is nontradable, no money EARNED plat ingame can be used to buy it since the transaction take place in another channel that DE control.

They then set appropiate % to the creator, 30% in Steam.

How about that solution?

Not sure DE would want to give money to valve for no reasons.

It would work but for this DE need a way to give money to the people who contributed to the workshop, without using steam.

Not sure DE would want to give money to valve for no reasons.

It would work but for this DE need a way to give money to the people who contributed to the workshop, without using steam.

My suggeation is that DE sells tennogen like they sell plat, outside of Steam.

Unless tennogen is EXCLUSIVE to Steam, I see no problem.

Well they have to give money back to the people who offered the designs of said items.

They can't just steal the workshop's design to implement it on consoles.

The current tennogen workshop is exclusive to Steam atm.

If you download the non Steam/standalone version you would not be able to see the Tennogen items asides from the original ones from competitions.

The current tennogen workshop is exclusive to Steam atm.

If you download the non Steam/standalone version you would not be able to see the Tennogen items asides from the original ones from competitions.

Are you sure? That would mean that a deal for consoles.have to be struck between Steam, Microsoft and Sony. That sounds weird, and unnecessary.

What if:

DE set up their own channel for content with Sony and Microsoft.

The issue alot of players have raised is they want to buy tennogen with plat. That doesn't work because how would the creator be compensated right.

But just as you can buy plat from DE directly, what if you could buy tennogen items directly? You pay the same price as in Steam but directly to DE.

DE can then get the item in the game just like when buying a platbundle from them.

I am probably just not getting the problem here. I just WISH it worked like that so consoles can get tennogen too.

If you want this, take your complaints to the people at Microsoft (and Sony). Don't think, for a second, DE doesn't want this even more then you want it. But considering the way Sony and MS are treating publishers, generally, and the amount of hoops they force them to jump through, don't hold your breath waiting. 

Also, why do you think there's such vast differences in package deals offered on these consoles vs what is offered on PC's? Exclusivity. Or.. perceived exclusivity is more like it. Like a bunch of petulant children these console owners will rather shoot down a part of custom content if they can't make it 'exclusive' to their platform. Don't be surprised if it turns out you can't get "the things" because MS nor Sony wants to greenlite it. All because "it is already on steam".

So, again, if you want this content, take it up with the console owners. Petition them. Send them scathing public letters. Make sure they know that YOU know it is them that are blocking you from getting what you want. And maybe, just maybe, if enough people do this, they might (have to) concede and stop their ridiculous practices (but again, don't hold your breath). 

If you want this, take your complaints to the people at Microsoft (and Sony). Don't think, for a second, DE doesn't want this even more then you want it. But considering the way Sony and MS are treating publishers, generally, and the amount of hoops they force them to jump through, don't hold your breath waiting. 

Also, why do you think there's such vast differences in package deals offered on these consoles vs what is offered on PC's? Exclusivity. Or.. perceived exclusivity is more like it. Like a bunch of petulant children these console owners will rather shoot down a part of custom content if they can't make it 'exclusive' to their platform. Don't be surprised if it turns out you can't get "the things" because MS nor Sony wants to greenlite it. All because "it is already on steam".

So, again, if you want this content, take it up with the console owners. Petition them. Send them scathing public letters. Make sure they know that YOU know it is them that are blocking you from getting what you want. And maybe, just maybe, if enough people do this, they might (have to) concede and stop their ridiculous practices (but again, don't hold your breath). 

Oh man is it really this way things are done? I take it that this is ONLY because real money are involved.

If I make a helmet and say to DE, here you can sell it for Plat in the game, no worries. Then thats totally fine and up to DE.

But when transactions are made outside if the game, things hit a roadblock.

No wonder things take time and why content grow slowly on Playstation this way.

Biggest hurdle is how things are sold. This isn't so much the exclusivity of it, but how the money is exchanged. You actually pay with a dollar amount. This reduces the chances of sales on the items. There are sales on platnium all the time, so money would be lost there.

I actually think probably the easiest route that DE has is have an online purchase through their website and it is gifted to your account. Probably automated system. Not sure if that would fly with PSN or M$. As someone pointed out above, they do like to say no to things because of rivalry.

Oh man is it really this way things are done? I take it that this is ONLY because real money are involved.

If I make a helmet and say to DE, here you can sell it for Plat in the game, no worries. Then thats totally fine and up to DE.

But when transactions are made outside if the game, things hit a roadblock.

No wonder things take time and why content grow slowly on Playstation this way.

nope, not only because of the real money involved. You, as a PS player, should be familiar with the renown pack right? I can't get that on PC, nor can you get that on X-Box. On the Xbox you can get the prestige packs. Again, not on PC nor PS. 

And believe me, I would LOVE to get some of that, but I know I will never get it because "exclusivity". 

We DO get to have the stuff that is made for the Chinese market, but will never EVER get the renown or prestige stuff. If that doesn't make you want to kick some CEO's in the nutsack you probably own both consoles... 

I mean, look at this sweet stuff:

https://warframe.com/news/prestige-pack-ii-available-now

that is one awesome looking latron skin!! Developed solely for the Xbox. 

To add insult to injury: consider the time and resources involved in making all this console-exclusive stuff. Time and resources that are NOT used for the betterment of the game, for the benefit of the community as a whole. No, totally geared towards stroking the bloated egos of the people behind the consoles, who probably don't even play ANY of the games brought out on them. Creating division in the community as part of their business plan. 

Devise, disgusting and there's little to nothing we can do about it...

Sorry if I sound somewhat aggressive here, but this is one part of the whole console-business-model that disgusts me to no end (and keeps me from even considering buying one).

I'm not too sure about this, but I think there's proprietary technology involved here that belongs to Steam that's why there are some legal issues that have to be resolved. The monetization and how it is distributed to the creators, DE and steam seem to be exclusive to steam workshop.  It's not as simple as DE borrowing that code and using it on the consoles.  I remember there was the whole debacle with the now defunct studio silicon knights getting sued by epic because they altered some code in the unreal engine and claimed it as their own.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, the reason console doesn't have Tenogen cosmetics available for purchase is that the items are purchased through steam in some way. I imagine DE would have to broach this to Steam, but here is the simple fix: do what World of Warcraft does in that it allows players to purchase a special Token that can be redeemed for a 1 month subscription (the cosmetic item is the 1 month subscription in this parallel), and the Devs still get paid real life currency. 

It goes like this :

Plat= premium in game currency.

RLC= Real Life Currency

Token= Cosmetic Currency

Player A - wants Plat, has real RLC (i know they can buy directly from DE, this is an alternative for another purpose)

Player B - wants RLC (to buy in-game item), has Plat

Devs - have in game items, control Plat prices/values, wants RLC.

Player A uses RLC to buy an in game Token, then sells said Token to Player B. Player A gets their Plat, Player B uses the Token ( which Devs received Player A's RLC for)  to redeem for their Cosmetic Item from the Devs.

DE and Steam will have to work out the transaction values to their liking, but that shouldn't take much effort. And once they do, everyone gets what they want.

Edited by (PS4)ShiroPhyla

Just now, KJRenz said:

Uh.... That's not a simple fix at all. That's more complicated than anything. Plus, how are you going to pay the content creators?

No, it really isn't. And the same way DE pays them now. 30% of each sale, I believe they said.  DE makes their own prices for Plat right now, and freely gives it away during streams in a way that is not to their detriment. Just because you can't handle simple math, doesn't mean no one else can. I -did- say "DE and Steam will have to work out transaction values to their liking", that means to set the price Player A and B pay so that in the end, DE gets their RLC for everything as they otherwise would. The RLC and related Plat cost may be higher for those buying from console, but that doesn't mean people won't pay. 

Just now, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

No, it really isn't. And the same way DE pays them now. 30% of each sale, I believe they said.  DE makes their own prices for Plat right now, and freely gives it away during streams in a way that is not to their detriment. Just because you can't handle simple math, doesn't mean no one else can. I -did- say "DE and Steam will have to work out transaction values to their liking", that means to set the price Player A and B pay so that in the end, DE gets their RLC for everything as they otherwise would. The RLC and related Plat cost may be higher for those buying from console, but that doesn't mean people won't pay. 

It doesn't work that way, How will the content creators, You know the fans who made the skins in the process get paid? Really the idea you presented is complicated. It HAS to be direct cash, because it's a lot easier to sort out between DE, Steam and the fan who created the skin in the first place without complications. Consoles don't have steam by the way, so DE have to do this whole complicated process of how to pay Steam AND the content creator everytime someone buys a tennogen item. It's not healthy at all.

10 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

It doesn't work that way, How will the content creators, You know the fans who made the skins in the process get paid? Really the idea you presented is complicated. It HAS to be direct cash, because it's a lot easier to sort out between DE, Steam and the fan who created the skin in the first place without complications. Consoles don't have steam by the way, so DE have to do this whole complicated process of how to pay Steam AND the content creator everytime someone buys a tennogen item. It's not healthy at all.

Totally agree, this makes a lot of sense given that OP is also thinking that Sony/MS will be kind and won't ask for a share of the money per sale too saying that their consoles are being used to play the game and thus they are entitled to ask for a share or simply refuse to accept tennogen items (in the same way they refused to migrate founder items, making any founder who migrated to console lose the items they had bought to support the game on its early stage. Same reason why consoles have different prime access prices to PC and have no access to platinum discounts)

Blame sony, MS and Valve. DE has stated they want to bring tennogen to consoles but they have to do a lot of work to fix certain issues first.

Btw, can I use said system to get some emerald / obsidian skins? I'd love getting them on PC too, and due to hoy "easy" you're fixing the issue, it should work inthe same way for any currently platform exclusive item. Why not making everyone happy now that we are on that?

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Edited for no reason

Don't assume it's just DE having the same issue. User content is in the process of being implemented on consoles right now as we speak (i believe Bethesda is pushing it with Fallout4) so my guess is that DE is just waiting for MS and Sony infrastructure to allow it some way and they should have more informations under nda than simple users, one reason why they didn't say anything in the past few months.

4 hours ago, KJRenz said:

It does not. Maybe I didnt explain it enough.(one shortest way to explain this is as i eluded to earlier, the console playera can -pick up the slack- basically) 

-2 hours later-

Well, I drew out some stuff to show how this would work, but when I hit "insert media" it says not available on my account? Im new to forums so someone explain whats up so i can put the illustrations on here lol

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

It does not. Maybe I didnt explain it enough.(one shortest way to explain this is as i eluded to earlier, the console playera can -pick up the slack- basically) 

-2 hours later-

Well, I drew out some stuff to show how this would work, but when I hit "insert media" it says not available on my account? Im new to forums so someone explain whats up so i can put the illustrations on here lol

Refer to what others have said. They proved my point with Sony and Microsoft. It'll be awhile