Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

Redirect your efforts towards petitioning Steam into putting their program on consoles, it isn't DE's fault and they are doing their best to get consoles in on the fun, but right now PC is the only way to get steam.

De then would have to give a cut to sony sense they tennogen is bought with real money ,not plat, plus they have to give the creator  something also.So it will need some work,

But the website buying will never happen, they would need to put it in the build its self for colsole which is not gonna be happening anytime soon,and im glad 

The issue is that you would, effectively, be buying content for a console platform and completely bypassing the Storefront of the console.  Since the storefront is where the money is made for the console creators (Sony and MS) they wouldn't allow such a bypass on their fee from sold goods.

I'm not sure why people always go to the "but console companies need their share of money" argument. Last I checked Sony isn't getting anything when I buy microtransaction items from the FF14 mogstation. And I don't deal with the Sony Marketplace when doing that there, either so the bypassing that argument is moot. And last I checked, buying time for my FF14 account via steam applied to my PS version as well.

Or the skins for Smite promo's like the one you get for subbing their youtube. No interaction with the PS store or Sony there either, it's obtained via a code redemption in-game.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

I'm not sure why people always go to the "but console companies need their share of money" argument. Last I checked Sony isn't getting anything when I buy microtransaction items from the FF14 mogstation. And I don't deal with the Sony Marketplace when doing that there, either so the bypassing that argument is moot. And last I checked, buying time for my FF14 account via steam applied to my PS version as well.

Or the skins for Smite promo's like the one you get for subbing their youtube. No interaction with the PS store or Sony there either, it's obtained via a code redemption in-game.

The reason people always respond with that comment is because that is exactly the reason for the delay.  As for Sony making money off your microtransaction, they are.  Anytime you use your PS4 version of a game to purchase something, Sony gets a cut.  That is simply the nature of the console storefronts.  Account time and micro's within a game are separate and, most likely, allowed for the reason that the longer you play the more likely you are to use a micro.

As for the Smite thing, there is no transaction there.  It is simply something given out freely that is in the game.  If they charge for the skin on the storefront, though, Sony is taking a cut off those sales.

Most likely if it is made available for console players then the sony and microsoft will most likely be taking a cut Unlike steam the respective platforms of those companies do not have a system in place fro accepting user created content and paying those creators. DE would have to find a way to give the creators their cut through an outside  channel. I assume that is currently what is being worked out as well as some legal hurdles, which I believe is taken care of by steam on the steam workshop.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

In my opinion the most simple idea would for that the platinum spent buying the TennoGen skins/cosmetics would go to the creator in-game, but how that could be done is beyond me.

The content creators right now are being paid full in cash, not plat.

3 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Discrimination of standalone users continues. Did I remember wrong or DE once said that eventually those things will be accessable for all to buy? Or it's "Standalone suckers got nothing. Keep donating btw."

They say they are going to get them on all platforms every devstream since the introduction of tennogen. Legal paperwork takes time, especially when dealing with giants like Sony and Microsoft.

2 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

I'm talking about non-Steam PC users aka STANDALONE USERS.

And that justifies calling it discrimination? They make it abundantly clear that they are actively working to get them to all systems and the constant creation of these types of threads won't make it happen sooner. Some patience isn't asking too much.

3 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

I'm talking about non-Steam PC users aka STANDALONE USERS.

Exactly

How are the content creators going to get paid directly with cash and being shared with Steam/DE?

Patience is the only thing everyone can do.

3 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Exactly

How are the content creators going to get paid directly with cash and being shared with Steam/DE?

Patience is the only thing everyone can do.

So they (skins) wlil come or it's classical "SOONTM"?

Cause more often I hear about porting for consoles...

Edited by FollowTheFaceless

On 30/04/2016 at 11:38 PM, Shad0wWatcher said:

Yeah i know, but it's just an idea.

Not every content creator plays the game. And what good would plats be if they don't even play the game?

Converting plat into real cash isn't that feasible either since most players only buy plat if they get a 75% discount.

PC players still have the option of grudgingly installing the Steam version if they really want the Tennogen skins. Consoles though? The only way I could see it working is if Steam made a deal with Sony/Microsoft, and they crank the price up so all parties involved ( Content creator, Sony/Microsoft/ Steam and possibly DE ) get their share.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:58 AM, TotallyLagging said:

Not every content creator plays the game. And what good would plats be if they don't even play the game?

Converting plat into real cash isn't that feasible either since most players only buy plat if they get a 75% discount.

PC players still have the option of grudgingly installing the Steam version if they really want the Tennogen skins. Consoles though? The only way I could see it working is if Steam made a deal with Sony/Microsoft, and they crank the price up so all parties involved ( Content creator, Sony/Microsoft/ Steam and possibly DE ) get their share.

Well with that said...guess all we can really do is wait and see what happens.

After watching the community create some of the greatest skins I have ever seen in Warframe, I am thrilled to see such creativity and amazing work done. but, with that said, this is only an advantage to those with steam, no one else. This exclusivity is just terrible marketing and honestly sad to people like me who would be so thrilled to have the chance to acquire these custom skins. There is such a lack amount of skins in the main game and most not worth comparing to the tennogen work. I did not want to make a post about this but, after seeing the recent skins made to my beloved favorite Warframe Nova, I just could not stand being without them. Hopefully we can somehow have the ability for these skins, or this is just another disappointment like how the newer players feel about the founders exclusive gear (just a comparison, not another one of 'those' posts lol).

So this is my thoughts about tennogen and hopefully it wont start trouble, but hopefully DE can see that we who cant purchase tennogen gear can also participate, if that is ever a possibility, but, one can wish.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "Megathread" tag

DE has said that they want to give console players access to Tennogen content. The issue, basically, is money. Sony and Microsoft are both going to want a slice of the pie, in addition to Steam's slice, DE's slice, and the creators' slice. So they all have to sit down and hash out a contract that they can all agree to. As with most things involving lawyers and large sums of money, this takes time.

Steam is 1.something MB and uses around 50MB of your HD. Easy to install, have no downside using it and it's free. Tennogen is made by players for real money and they are rewarded with real money. Other skins are plat based and are made by DE itself. There isn't a good way to "pay" the players with their money. So, it's pretty well done and easy to both ways to buy and use these skins.

If you are saying that skins should be on consoles, there is a wall called "legal problems" that slowdown by x100 any kind of DE's progression to make these skins happen on consoles.