Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

DE is continually trying to bring TennoGen to consoles. Simply asking is not going to make it happen. You have to consider the drastic amount of legal aspects when considering this type of distribution. The creators, Valve, and DE all receive payment from TennoGen purchases. This means in order to bring TennoGen to consoles, there has to be an agreement between DE, the creators, Valve, Sony, and Microsoft. The final two will always seem iffy in conjunction with one another.

Please do not think DE doesn't want to bring TennoGen to consoles. If it can't happen, it can't happen. Unfortunate, but there's nothing you can do. If it can however, it may be a while from now. The only thing you can do is hope an agreement is made.

If you're referring to PC players who don't use Steam though, that's an entirely different topic that hasn't really been elaborated upon. From what I've heard, TennoGen content creators agreed to actual currency directly to their Steam Wallet, not Platinum. If it were available for Platinum, Valve gets nothing. It simply won't work.

Edited by LazerSkink

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before a thousand times and inb4 "no", will there ever be an option to buy items from steam without having steam? Or am I forever bound to not be able to buy these since I didn't know I needed steam for extra content when I started playing?

The Steam items in terms of the Rubedo/Phased skins are there to stay in Steam.

The Tennogen items however are planned to be in-game without needing steam, though this process is going to take a looooooooooooooong time for it to happen due to Steam being a good base platform for content creators to A. Place their work in and B. Get paid directly each purchase. So don't get your hopes up.

Short answer as of now, You do need steam.

Edited by KJRenz

Just now, KJRenz said:

The Steam items in terms of the Rubedo/Phased skins are there to stay in Steam.

The Tennogen items however are planned to be in-game without needing steam, though this process is going to take a looooooooooooooong time for it to happen due to Steam being a good base platform for content creators to A. Place their work in and B. Get paid directly each purchase.

that sucks because had I known this when I made my account I would have made it directly in steam... I don't think it's good business practice to have two separate places to make an account where one has "benefits" over the official...

2 minutes ago, Zoero said:

that sucks because had I known this when I made my account I would have made it directly in steam... I don't think it's good business practice to have two separate places to make an account where one has "benefits" over the official...

Well you can link your accounts with steam, not that hard to do. You would just have to install it on the Steam platform and that's it.

And they're just cosmetics, I don't see anything benefitting from each other.

Edited by KJRenz

Just now, KJRenz said:

Well you can link your accounts with steam, not that hard to do.

And they're just cosmetics, I don't see anything benefitting from each other.

by linking accounts do I still login as I would normally? is there any drawback to doing so?

1 minute ago, Zoero said:

by linking accounts do I still login as I would normally? is there any drawback to doing so?

Nope, you just login to your steam and launch the game from steam. I don't remember most of it, but I'm pretty sure it'll ask you if you want to link accounts.

Edited by KJRenz

Just now, KJRenz said:

Nope, you just login to your steam and launch the game from steam. I don't remember most of it, but I'm pretty sure it'll ask you if you want to link accounts.

that seems like too much trouble for just buying a syndana that I can't even find on steam atm lol...

Just now, Zoero said:

that seems like too much trouble for just buying a syndana that I can't even find on steam atm lol...

Well you buy it ingame actually. Also, linking the accounts isn't too much, again it's your choice.

There's a tab in the market for the steam items. It will only show up once you install/launch the game from steam.

Its pretty easy to link accounts.

I broke down and downloaded Steam to get the Knaita Mag skin, linked my accounts, bought the skin and haven't logged back in Steam Warframe since.

Annoying that I have to jump through hoops but ultimately not a big deal for me.

On 5/13/2016 at 8:28 AM, LazerSkink said:

DE is continually trying to bring TennoGen to consoles. Simply asking is not going to make it happen. You have to consider the drastic amount of legal aspects when considering this type of distribution. The creators, Valve, and DE all receive payment from TennoGen purchases. This means in order to bring TennoGen to consoles, there has to be an agreement between DE, the creators, Valve, Sony, and Microsoft. The final two will always seem iffy in conjunction with one another.

Please do not think DE doesn't want to bring TennoGen to consoles. If it can't happen, it can't happen. Unfortunate, but there's nothing you can do. If it can however, it may be a while from now. The only thing you can do is hope an agreement is made.

If you're referring to PC players who don't use Steam though, that's an entirely different topic that hasn't really been elaborated upon. From what I've heard, TennoGen content creators agreed to actual currency directly to their Steam Wallet, not Platinum. If it were available for Platinum, Valve gets nothing. It simply won't work.

Nope, it doesn't go directly to steam wallet (makes it unusable in real life, because you can't withdraw money from steam wallet)
It goes directly to the bank accounts indicated by the artists. 

1 hour ago, led2012WF said:

Nope, it doesn't go directly to steam wallet (makes it unusable in real life, because you can't withdraw money from steam wallet)
It goes directly to the bank accounts indicated by the artists. 

I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Oh wow sorry, I thought my post was deleted, it was more of a 'blind rage' moment, sorry kiddos. I wish DE can give us some feed back and if this is even possible rather than leave us in the dark. Be either a sad day or a blessing from every form of heaven day :D sorry again about that dumb complaint post, weird that it was moved here.

I'm not sure if I should put it in general stuff, but I could not find anything that could match what I want to write.

So I realy like Tennogen stuff, but I have in game a lot of platinum and I have nowhere to spend it, I mean I don't want to buy anything just to spend platinum, I just buy specific things I just want or need.

Maybe there could be and option to trade in dojo TENNOGEN STUFF.

So players could actually buy for example FROST TennoGen skin for 500plat or something like that.

I could just write on trade that I want to buy TENNOGEN for plat, and I will give plat to guy and he will just gift me tennogen stuff, but yeah its a risk. I will give someone plat and he will jsut ignore me, and ofcourse support can't do aything to that, because that Trades are not like supposed to happen, not truly allowed. So I would just see the stuff like that, to trade with TennoGen stuff in dojo.

Is this possible? That would be fantastic.

Edited by IfritKajiTora