The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daikyu and Rakta Cernos unpopular opinion

DarthJundar

I run, serration, speed trigger, point strike, vital sense, split chamber, malignant force, high voltage, cryo rounds. This gives a 90% chance to multishot. And that 32.5% crit chance becomes 65. Which, is in my testing, more effector than other builds. Pure elemental on this weapon fell off hard. This holds well until level 90 heavy units and destroys things that aren't heavy units. Not to mention a 100% status chance. This build has more going for it than the others and even outshines Paris prime (honestly don't like that bow compared to others)

Rakta Cernos: serration, split chamber, vital sense, hammershot, point strike, infected clip, stormbtinger, cryo rounds. I think running critical deceleration is ridiculous on this weapon. You TAKE AWAY what makes this the best bow in game. It's high fire rate and dps is amazing, and has no trouble holding its own in end game. A build with CD and Soeed Trigger wastes mod slots and lowers overall damage in end game by a lot 

Edited by DarthJundar
Spelling error

Glad you enjoy Daikyu. As you say, it's quite unpopular, but it's certainly cool looking. Find a weapon that works for you, and don't worry too much about what people insist is 'the best'. Everything's good if you slap enough Forma on it and use maxed mods 

I don't see how your Rakta Cernos opinion is unpopular. It sounds like it is in-line with the RAKTA CERNOS IS BEST BOW crowd.

Daikyu is just fun. Though I wonder if Daikyu Prime is upcoming. Only thing preventing me from throwing more forma on it.

Edited by XaxalShiba

1 minute ago, XaxalShiba said:

I don't see how your Rakta Cernos opinion is unpopular. It sounds like it is in-line with the RAKTA CERNOS IS BEST BOW crowd.

I see everyone using the critical decelartion build claiming it's the best. My build is the unpopular build 

4 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Glad you enjoy Daikyu. As you say, it's quite unpopular, but it's certainly cool looking. Find a weapon that works for you, and don't worry too much about what people insist is 'the best'. Everything's good if you slap enough Forma on it and use maxed mods 

Indeed it is

I think daikyu out performs Paris Prime. Especially because the arrow has a much longer range than any other bow 

2 minutes ago, DarthJundar said:

I see everyone using the critical decelartion build claiming it's the best. My build is the unpopular build 

I run a similar build, but with Pummel instead of hammer shot.

Even without Critical Deceleration, fire rate and per arrow damage combined still lend to the RAKTA CERNOS IS BEST BOW notion.

Edited by XaxalShiba

I like the Daikyu because everything is easy in Warframe and so style > substance. and the Daikyu being the sexiest weapon in the game means it automatically wins in the style category.

It's quite fun to shove a fire rate mod on it and then stack gas damage and status chance. You basically end up with a superior Mutalist Cernos.

3 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

I like the Daikyu because everything is easy in Warframe and so style > substance. and the Daikyu being the sexiest weapon in the game means it automatically wins in the style category.

It's quite fun to shove a fire rate mod on it and then stack gas damage and status chance. You basically end up with a superior Mutalist Cernos.

Indeed

abd that build still works with mine 

19 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Everything's good if you slap enough Forma on it and use maxed mods 

After extensive tests and research, my data still shows that Panthera is utter garbage (yes i put 6 forma on it to try and get it to work, just somewhat).

Just felt like pointing it out, feel free to ignore this comment otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Zardbooster said:

After extensive tests and research, my data still shows that Panthera is utter garbage (yes i put 6 forma on it to try and get it to work, just somewhat).

Miter is also meh. Can get really high damage though, like damn

slapping heavy cal on that S#&$ is hilarious 

11 minutes ago, Zardbooster said:

Also Embolist, those things need to die and dissapear in the void

Edited by g43riel

there's no reason to not be using Vile Acceleration instead of Speed Trigger.
it's a complete upgrade.

while with 37.5% there's a not that high Chance to not get any Crit on a shot... it's still very inconsistent regardless.
Daikyu is an awful Weapon, despite looking pretty. but honestly 30-40% of that would instantly be fixed by making it Elemental base (Viral pls).

you're certainly in the minority using Hammershot, since it almost never has a reason to be used. however, if you're not keen on using something such as Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds - even though you should heavily consider doing so - very well i guess.
or just another Elemental, that would do more Damage too.

Edited by taiiat

44 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there's no reason to not be using Vile Acceleration instead of Speed Trigger.
it's a complete upgrade.

while with 37.5% there's a not that high Chance to not get any Crit on a shot... it's still very inconsistent regardless.
Daikyu is an awful Weapon, despite looking pretty. but honestly 30-40% of that would instantly be fixed by making it Elemental base (Viral pls).

you're certainly in the minority using Hammershot, since it almost never has a reason to be used. however, if you're not keen on using something such as Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds - even though you should heavily consider doing so - very well i guess.
or just another Elemental, that would do more Damage too.

I mentioned the low crit chance

its actually very consistent with the multishot 

2 hours ago, DarthJundar said:

This gives a 90% chance to multishot. And that 32.5% crit chance becomes 65. Which, is in my testing, more effector than other builds.

That's now how crit chance works.  32.5% crit chance on two multishot arrows would mean a ~44% chance for one to crit and ~11% chance for both to crit.

I don't think you understand how DPS works or what the (situational) value of status procs is, but if you enjoy your build then it doesn't really matter.  You do you.

47 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

That's now how crit chance works.  32.5% crit chance on two multishot arrows would mean a ~44% chance for one to crit and ~11% chance for both to crit.

I don't think you understand how DPS works or what the (situational) value of status procs is, but if you enjoy your build then it doesn't really matter.  You do you.

I'm critting 3 out of 4 times I shoot. This bow is actually really good 

Daikyu is a horrible weapon, from literally every perspective

ive got 7 forma in mine and tried every possibly build 3 times each minimum to make this possibly work, even added frames

its only cool to look at and has a semi nice feel to it (even tho i hate this change that it wont auto charge fully anymore once clicked) outside of conclave this thing is absolute garbage past starchart, and even there it struggles to compete with pretty much every other weapon

12 minutes ago, SYL3NZR said:

ive got 7 forma in mine and tried every possibly build 3 times each minimum to make this possibly work, even added frames

its only cool to look at and has a semi nice feel to it (even tho i hate this change that it wont auto charge fully anymore once clicked) outside of conclave this thing is absolute garbage past starchart, and even there it struggles to compete with pretty much every other weapon

1) Too many forma there most likely

2) We get it, it's not a Tonkor

32 minutes ago, SYL3NZR said:

I find this an odd thing to say. Sure, it's not Dread or Rak Cernos level good, but based solely on playtime with the bloody thing, it easily holds its own as a worthwhile weapon. Far better to use than the current hot mess that is the Mutalist Cernos (Please buff DE. The cloud should take advantage of muh modz).

I used the Daikyu as my main bow until I picked up the Paris. I knew going in that it'd fall short, purely from what I'd read about it. Modding it and putting forma into it did improve it, but it really doesn't do late game as effectively as the others do, speaking from my own experience with it. I wouldn't call it utter garbage, but I wouldn't hail it as an awesome bow, either.

That being said, I'm glad you found a build you enjoy. I heard kind of similar talk about the Anku a while back, and that's by far my favorite melee weapon in the game now that I found the right mods and elemental damage type for it. Well. Until I get my hands on Hate. But... y'know the Stalker. He's a fickle, fickle, wallnut. Anku did a good job of whittling his health down to 1/4 before I messed up my stride and got myself killed. XD

So to summarize -- Daikyu isn't utter garbage, but it's not the most useful thing either. It sits there in the middle.