Ask a Cephalon, March 22

DE_Adam

Ever wonder what the deal is with giant Corpus Osprey units?  Are you a Tenno pondering the best way to handle onboard Infestation?  If so, then Cephalon Cordylon is just the AI you need to hear from!  Find out the answers to these questions and more on our latest edition of Ask a Cephalon.

Have a question for Cordylon?  Let us know and your concern may be featured on our next edition of Ask a Cephalon!

-DE_Adam

Dear Cordylon,

IS there a way to reprogram Cephalons? If so, is this something a cephalon can do to begin with? Can they change their own parameters to fit mission necessities? Similar to when we defeated the Jordas Golem, Ordis placed us as his priority instead of mission completion and send our archwings to us for battle. In situations like this is there a hierarchy or priorities they they must bide by that allows them to break set parameters?

For example if I was to try changing Ordis' dialogue, would Ordis' programming instruct him to not allow it because it is not necessary to complete a mission? Or can it be done? 

Dear cordylon,

Does your database contain any information about vor's so called "janus key"  such as how it was able to bring him back to life or how it can somehow grant him access to many void towers, also where he found such an item in the first place or how I could go about obtaining my own?

4 hours ago, Rahetalius said:

What do you believe is the purpose of low-grade weapons such as the Sicarus Prime?

The 43rd addendum: Section 35 Line 3 grants every sentient entity not under Laborious Enthrallment of the Grineer Empire (Re:12a S1L13) the inalienable right to exuberant firearms without challenge, regulation, or question to prevent entities such as scourge Oba 'Uhma from enacting martial law across the system.

One of the abilities the Warframe Nekros has in his arsenal is known as "Soul Punch" and says as such "A blow so powerful, it turns the enemy's very soul into a deadly projectile, damaging all in its path." yet this seems to work on Corpus Proxies such as the standard MOA units and Ospreys. Even to more simpler robotic units such as turrets or cameras. Is this just an error of the name and exaggeration of its function or do these Proxies really have some form of 'Soul'. I understand the concept of a soul can be difficult to understand for a Cephalon of also robotic and proxy origins.

P.S. Do Infested have souls and are they even alive?

I ask only the most important of questions...What happens to greedy milk when it becomes spoiled,does it become more/less greedy?

Alternatively,if you find such questions are not worthy of your intellect,I have another. What can you tell us about grineer energy weapons,how were they developed? . I recall running numerous sabotage missions with my fellow tenno to try and prevent the grineer from developing such weapons..Have we failed?

If we can just hack the Bursas on the field mid fight would it be a bad idea to bring it to the landing craft so Ordis can rewrite it so that I can keep it as a pet or maybe where should I go to get a Bursa or a Blueprin for it I really wanna have one they are soooo cute.

Edited by Aredator

Cephalon Cordylon,

I think I might have spilled a container containing Infested proto-matter in a corner of my Orbiter, and my onboard Cephalon refuses to unlock my Ember Prime's "World on Fire" ability while inside the ship so I can 'clean up' the mess. Any suggestions on how to clean my ship, authorization codes to bypass my onboard Cephalon's lockout, or where to steal the blueprints for a sentinel to clean my Liset properly?

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I got my question answered :,3

And it turns out the answer is "you are terrible at your job" xD

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes venting a room full of infested is useful. I know this because Cordylon suggested it. The important thing to remember is that it's good to know the rules, and to know when you should break said rules. Also, New Loka's assassins haven't gotten any less annoying in almost a whole stellar cycle of Earth.

On 22.3.2016 at 7:58 PM, Grimlock84 said:

Can an Opticor shoot the moon from the earth or does it actually have a limited range

Am I allowed to answer this too?
Well, the destructive force of this Opticor shot would be reduced in any case due to the scattering of light, the photoelectric effect and the compton effect, but yes you could shoot the moon from the earth with an Opticor. At least that would be be the case, if we had a laser canon with coherent light, that means light with a coherence length of a few kilometers, but it seems like the light of the Opticor is not coherent, simply because an Opticor shot doesn't look like it. I actually doubt that the Opticor shoots laser beams at all, because light doesn't behave like an Opticor shot (it seems like "the light" freezes in time for a moment). But still, at the end of the day I have to say that it is possible to shoot the moon with the Opticor: Everything is possible as long as space magic exists.

Edited by Feyangol