Ask a Cephalon, March 22

DE_Adam

Cephalon Cordylon, ever since I have had the second dream, I have had conflicting thoughts as what the Tenno truly are

although it is verified that the Tenno are actually exosuits controlled by a organic human structured life-form, it has come to my attention that different exosuits control not just different powers, but interests, thoughts and feelings.

for instance, Valkyr was driven to hatred, rage and madness due to Alad V's tormenting experiments, which Zanuka itself was made of her original skin, and warframes like excalibur or mesa prefer to use swords and guns respectively. infact on these forums the warframes themselves have responded and asked questions.

if warframes do infact have preferences and feelings how do the operators of such work with the suits mindset, or are the original warframes uncontrolled by an operator?

Edited by thatannoyingcat12

Cephalon Cordylon, I've noticed that almost none of the assassins sent after me or my allies by the Syndicates that we have...disagreements with are capable of being reasoned with.  While I understand that this makes them more effective at the elimination of the Syndicates' foes, I have to wonder how the Syndicates recruited these in the first place.  Especially New Loka, Red Veil, and the Arbiters of Hexis' assassins, seeing as they are members of factions that have both hive-minds and utter disinterest in diplomacy.  How did these creatures enter the service of the Syndicates?

I, however, am not concerned. To succumb to Infestation there would need to be several breached security codes, including those dedicated to disinfection, prior to gaining access to my hardware. In such a scenario it is safe to assume that this entire facility has suffered catastrophic damage and the end of all life onboard is eminent.

welp, we're screwed

Cephalon Cordylon, after finding his remains scattered throughout the system and rebuilding him, a thought occurred: what precisely IS Limbo's theorem? I myself know very little about it, but apparently it's quite interesting, considering it turned Ordis into a 12 year old eagerly awaiting the next issue in his favorite comic book series.

From what little Ordis actually shared, Limbo told his story in pure math, performed cross dimensional gymnastics and banished whole armies into his rift, but fails to mention what his theorem actually is. Perhaps you can share some insight on what Ordis essentially started worshiping?

Cephalon Cordylon i ask for your words of advice.

I have noticed my liset has a closed door with infested tissue leaking from it. I am slightly worried that Ordis might have heard my request of having a infested pet or might have accidently put an acient healer spectre behind the door.

Should i be worried about the functions and safety of Ordis and the vessel he uses to carry me around?

I have tried trimming the infested tissue down with use of my orthos to no success... Is there something like a anti-infested airspray that i could try?

Cordylon, will I (as an operator) be able to get out of this chair anytime soon? I really need to use the bathroom, and trust me after years of being stuck in that pod with no toilet facilities, you do not want to know what I am brewing right now.

But seriously, will we ever be able to use the operators around the ship, rather than them basically being an accessory in our orbiters?

Edited by Skinner1818

I started to work for Cephalon Simaris in your quest for knowledge for sanctuary. Althought this is a funny work that i love to do, Simaris is a little... rude to me, like when i kill the target for accident (like when i am ambushed for my enemies and my death is eminent, sometimes i kill the target, better a target dead than a hunter dead, who will hunt more targets?) but simaris are blinded for me. i'm worthless for it, i guess... ( *Muttering something rude about it* )
 But however, some works make me curious about simaris. when i was in a hunt for chroma, Simaris told me a bounch of things... it know something very important, about Lotus, about me... about a lot of things. Lotus seems not interested about it, but i am, and if there's something i learn as a Tenno, it's i can't rely in anyone... even myself.

Cordylon.

Many warframes have a theme to their name, this question is about the Elemental warframes.

• Ember is a small speck of a flame - but the warframe Ember ignites everything surrounding them, causing explosions and panic.
  • Frost is small ice crystals attached to something cold - but the warframe Frosts ice is thick enough to stop bullets & completely freeze the flesh and blood of enemies through their armour and shields.
  • Volt is a very low charge, a single volt can't do much - but the warframe Volt surges electricity through not only the enemies but their equipment compromising or destroying it while being able to chain lightning through enemies bodies.

Then there's Hydroid. His control is obviously focused around water and has the whole oceans might at disposal but his name doesn't fit the rest of the elemental warframes theme where they're named after a fraction of their power. His name is a pun between hydro and droid, what is this? What happened? He could have been Rivulet, Tide, Creek, Rill, Bourne and more, there are options but not a single one of the many words were chosen for this one Warframe in specific.

dear Cordylon:

Ordis was thinking about his situation, sometimes he demonstrate that he feels very lonely, as he, sometimes, said that he wanted to get something in his inbox one day, plus Darvo said to me to look at other cephalons after i was awakened by Lotus
so, i thought if i can acquire other cephalon to perform other operations along with him? to share some functions, in the process, and generate some security in case of "malfunction" on his precepts, plus solve his case of loneliness, maybe ask for one from Teshin, like Cephalon Vull... no no no no, this one is dangerous

i know that there's an risk that the new cephalon maybe can't do most of the critical tasks, especially the cheap ones, but the "little Jim" (is that it?), from Cephalon Suda, can perfectly do his function, so... what are your thoughts about it? maybe Ordis can share his knowledge about the foundry or clean the dishes to our new cephalon partner, even the new one help with new jokes

Edited by Zeyez
mistake the conclave cephalon's name

Effective Database Cephalon Cordylon:

I am curious, and as such, I inquire to you, A warframe is, or appears to be, a heap of metal constructed by, originally, the Orokin, and, as an operator, I wonder, why does my warframe cease all activity when I am withdrawn, as there appear to be times when it seems to be afflicted with a personality. Or, rather, if not a personality, at least some mannerisms that are much variated from my own. As an example, when I piloted Limbo, my hand wouldn't stop twitching in a peculiar manner.

My inquiry can be divided into two parts.

1) Is this something to do with the systems?

1A) If not, how?

2) If they are, in fact, just machinery, why do we need to place them in Cryo Stasis?

And, as a possibility, for my final inquiry, I'd like to ask one final question:

Techyon Infested don't seem to assimilate each-other, nor any Warframes, is it possible, potentially, that Warframes are in fact made using a subdued form of the Infestation as the outer layer of the chassis?

I thank you for spending a mere moment of your processing potential to answer my quandaries, queries, and a quotient of my latent questions.

Cordy, why does Ceph Suda respect people who align themselves with Arbiters of Hexis while being neutral to those who support Cephalon Sim's cause? If the New Loka are against technological expansion and don't like Cephalon Suda, why is the relationship between Simmy and and New Loka completely neutral?

Other questions:

The Corpus are treated as an entire civilization sometimes, rather than a corporation (despite the name). Are they purely an organization composed of civilians who want money or do they actually have their own culture past work ethic, and children born to corpus working parents are immediately hired?

Do the queens of the grineer empire engage in cultural activities, or are they just as single minded as the grineer clones due to suffering the same problems?

I was talking to a friend about Ordis, and we noticed both of our ships have him! Do we each get our own Ordis, or are they the same Cephalon controlling many ships at once? If it's neither I may start suffering an existential crisis.

Why don't I ever feel the urge to do things other than fight or work for Lotus, I'm sure any non Tenno would be considered mentally unstable with this sort of behavior, we barely have a history, like the grineer!

Why are the Grineer genetically diverse? Wouldn't it be more efficient to simply clone the one that seems to be the strongest, whether it be male, female or in between?

Do the grineer occasionally kidnap corpus or other people for their DNA, or is obedience towards the queens entirely based on genetics? How do the Steel Meridian resist the queens if that's the case?

Do corpus have a lower class, or are they all rich?

Why are all the rescue missions the Lotus sends us to involve other Tenno operatives, don't the Grineer and Corpus ever kidnap other innocent people en masse or important figures who would cause an imbalance in power?

How can the lotus afford to keep the syndicates around without enforcing laws against sending assassins, the Tenno are not numerous and expendable while grineer or corpus mercenaries can send in platoons to pursue a single Tenno.

Is it possible to travel to the Tau system?

Where exactly do colonists and normal people live, all the planets look extremely unstable, especially since earth is covered in strong forests and the lotus is against poisoning them for space.

is it possible to become a cephalon? Especially to avoid natural death or to backup those with important information?

Edited by TeCoolTenno

Cordylon, life seems odd and I find myself pondering, just how is a Cephlon created? It seems there are either very few of you in number as I am only aware of five, them being Ordis, Suda, Simaris, Jordas and yourself, or is it that there are many of a single Cephlon which happens to be Ordis who seems to be installed on all Tenno ships and that there isn't actually a need to create more Cephlons as they are only actually created to fulfill a task? 

I also find myself curious of if the Twin Queens have hair and what color it is if they do, do you find this kind of pondering odd? And do they actually have hair and what color is it?

Dear Cordylon,

While picking off select Grineer troops during an outing, I noticed that I could kill them with my Vectis sniper rifle simply by shooting them in the foot. This is also the case for Corpus Crewmen as well. Do you have any explanation as to how this works?