The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dex Sybaris...

Ryouhi

2 minutes ago, Inugami8 said:

With the multishot mod and 2 double status elemental ones you get like 37% status chance

Status builds on IPS weapons is usually a terrible idea unless the status is tremendously high (with a few exceptions on both sides of the spectrum). It somewhat works on slash-focused weaponry. Sybaris is not slash-focused.

All things considered, you should be using elemental or crit mods instead of dual-stat mods.

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

Well I pimped it with 6 formas and from testing against lvl 135 heavy gunners dmg it deals is very average. It almost feels like heavy caliber is a must, else its going to take multiple magazines to kill 1 big guy. I used standard 6 mod crit build and used other 2 to switch few mods around. Small guys like butchers instantly die tho. Right now im not sure if i like it or not. Its fun to use and the buffs are nice, it's just that normal sybaris was too far behind.

Personally base dmg feels a bit too low, for high level content.

Testing with level 100s are enough and level Its kinda top tier if It can take level 80s. Things like Soma and Boltor are considered good and are kinda popular but fall of really fast. Only tonkor and some weapons can take out level 100s, in level 100s you go blind and executed or crit + dmg buffs etc... Its kinda enough for sorties and I dont know someone will want to go a 80 minute t3-4survival with a bolt action rifle, in that time, if you solo you probably go unkillable melee S#&$s, but with Chroma, You could use It like a vaykor marelok without the syndicate proc, but with the + damage the Chroma gives, It could take out level 100s in small amount of shots. 

Yeh, Its not a status weapon, but You can use a status wep next to It againts high level grineer. Like Sonicor but you could even go with status prisma grakata or dex furis not talking about status melees, also againts level 100+ enemies you may consider using tonkor or melee with different kind of ccs and buffs. Againts armored It may fall off, but Its still going to be good againts high level little guys, also, If You are in a team you can run 4 CP-s and the focus helps too. With the Chroma the super 4energy/sec can help much and with more melee oriented frames you can go with the naramon stealth crit. Also I dont know how people want It to take lvl 135 armoreds, when not even the bows can do that lolz. 

2 hours ago, Foefaller said:

Don't forget 35% crit rate. I'm so jealous of everyone who got an Argon Scope during Shadow Debt right now.

bladed rounds or whatever. the shadow debt 120% crit damage mod when you kill something. Is more beneficial. With argon scope you have about a 34% chance to red crit.
with heavy cal your head shots wont be landing as much as you would like every 10 seconds to get those red crits in. 
rather having a total of 240% crit dmg (shadow debt mod and vital sense) will do you better in sustained dps 

Edited by Vesiga

10 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

bladed rounds or whatever. the shadow debt 120% crit damage mod when you kill something. Is more beneficial. With argon scope you have about a 34% chance to red crit.
with heavy cal your head shots wont be landing as much as you would like every 10 seconds to get those red crits in. 
rather having a total of 240% crit dmg (shadow debt mod and vital sense) will do you better in sustained dps 

PEI5HHj.png

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

Well, I dont think the old Sybaris was pathetic and this one got some really nice buffs. +10% Crit chance is strong in Itself, Sybaris has like 60%+ Crit, this has 87,5 with one crit mod, with the other one It can go for 104 ( but crits will deal less dmg and this prob means less dps but the - fire rate isnt that big deal with a bolt action rifle, which already has buffed and good fire rate ) So +10% crit and +5 base dmg, but fck It doesnt just have +4 rounds, so 2 shots, which is kinda big deal ( +40% magazine capacity compared to regular Sybaris ), but It even reloads faster. This weapon is definitely going tobe good for higher levels too, maybe level 80s and bit higher like 90-110 with different kind of buffs, status etc... Its not a tonkor for sure, but Its definitely a top tier weapon and the guy who said He tried It on level 135 Heavy gunner and It dealt average dmg, lolz... Who waits a rifle to take down lvl 135 heavy gunner without corrosive.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed Profanity

41 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

Yup, they also changed that for the Dex Furis =)

Now they just need to change the Dex swords to a Lotus pattern on slam attack and we're the Lotus fan club. 

49 minutes ago, Inugami8 said:

With the multishot mod and 2 double status elemental ones you get like 37% status chance

If you're going up against ultra-high level Grineer and their ridiculous armor scaling you're not going to want to run most weapons without significant thought into how you're going to actually do damage.  With high amounts of CP you should be ok, and better served by doing direct damage with this.  Without a massive amount of CP, you need to think of some other method. 

wait, people actually are complaining about Damage? i knew to expect it but doesn't change the surprise.
Sybaris already performs well against Lv60 Armored Heavies with the wrong Elemental Combo, even using Status Mods.

Sybaris has very good Damage performance, and this version has increased Damage (between Base Damage and Crit Chance) that it didn't need since it was already a very well performing Weapon but it has it and so it's only better than that.

1 hour ago, Aure7 said:

hmm I actually like the look of original better

i'm not that thrilled that only one color Tint has a Metallic finish now, instead of having two different ones.

52 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Not enough. Don't forget it's not purely elemental and not fully automatic. 

Burst Weapons overperform their Status values - but people don't seem to get that around here.
Burston Prime and Braton Prime are nearly identical in Status performance, for example.

Just now, taiiat said:

Burst Weapons overperform their Status values - but people don't seem to get that around here.
Burston Prime and Braton Prime are nearly identical in Status performance, for example.

What do you want to tell me with that? I have 78.1% status on my latron prime. It also got more than double the dex sybaris. And i still wasn't able to shred grineer's armor fast enough to be viable.

So, did i say anything wrong? No.

3 hours ago, Foefaller said:

Don't forget 35% crit rate. I'm so jealous of everyone who got an Argon Scope during Shadow Debt right now.

It red crits pretty regularly. I'm loving it so much more than I expected it...

Not to mention it came Catalyst equipped!

You know a weapon is great when not fully modded and you crit for 17k dmg (no high lvl enemy/no red).

First time seeing 5 digit damage, forgot to take screenshot.

Great for most mid game players who like to slow down before pulling the trigger.

Okay, I was using some math, but not with Argon Scope, So bladed rounds only worth If you have some damage mods, which you will have, but with no damage mods, but elementals, I calculated that If theres a weapon with only bladed, It will be weaker, then a 1 elemental modded gun, but with 2 elementals vs 1 elemental + bladed It will have a VERY LITTLE more, If our base physical damage is 1000 ( which is unlikely and a bit really big for scaling ) then an 3700 3 elemental vs 2800 2 elemental bladed rounds wep, the 2800 hit gun will have 2000 more dps, if we calculate with 1s firerate and 9/10 crits. Now with argon We should also count red crits. I am lazy but someone should calculate If argon + bladed is worth or argon vs bladed, also Shred is really good, but what we saw before is that, if theres little damage to start the crits etc wont make wonders. So You could have both bladed and argon, having super red crits, if the base damage is too low. 1 elemental is minimum but 2 would be the best, a 3. needs to be changed to argon, bladed or shred and then we could think if its worth to change the second elemental to argon, bladed or shred.