Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did anyone else get a password reset email yesterday?

Briareos

Did anyone get an unprompted password reset request yesterday? I got this in my email at the same time I logged into the game last night:

[My IGN],

A request to reset the password for your account has been made at Warframe.

You may now log in by clicking this link or copying and pasting it to your browser:

https://warframe.com/user/reset/[long string of alphanumerics]

This link can only be used once to log in and will lead you to a page where you can set your password. It expires after one day and nothing will happen if it's not used.

-- Warframe team

Chrome resolves the link as legit when I hovered over it. Dunno if this getting sent was a glitch or what. I have 2FA turned on for both Gmail and WF anyway and I already checked for bogus Gmail logins, so I'm not too concerned with hackage. Anyone from DE want to comment on this?

No, I've never in all my time playing gotten a email from WF concerning a password reset. My suggestion, go to your account directly, DO NOT follow any links from that email, and change your password for safety. 

#1 policy, never follow a link from an email for any game concerning your account. even if it is valid prudence is the better choice. A phishing mail will log your password or direct you to a clone site. By going to your game directly rather than following the email link you both ensure this wont happen and secure your account.