Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam: New Tennogen Skins are Available Now!

14 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

If you spend 50cents or 2 dollars to buy one of our skins we will get about zero money in return and nobody will be doing alt skins for your warframe so there would be nothing to be bough int the first place because making one of those is a full time job for a month or even more. It's really that simple.

Consider it like buying an animated artwork ^^

Well I'm not buying anything right now with the way it is either. It's really that simple.

Also I don't think the purpose of the Workshop was to give people the ability to make money (or get rich) but to give them the ability to create something that they always wanted to see in-game with the side-effect of being given something for their contribution to the game. "I want this so I'm going to make it."

If you refuse to make a mod for the game because you "won't make enough money" then it's likely that making the mod shouldn't be your first priority. That's not the motivation behind the workshop (or other modding communities like the Nexus). If you want to make money to live off you're in the wrong place. Modding has always been a hobbyists'' job.

Surely there exists a middle ground that is fair for everyone. Right now the artists want to be compensated for their work which is understandable, but the players don't want to pay an arm and a leg when they can get the DE syandanas in-game for free (by trading for plat) or for far less (by using plat discounts).

I think it's a reasonable assumption to say that if the prices were lower more people would buy the items, thereby compensating for the price drop. I also don't know how much % of the money spent DE is taking either.

Edited by Mr._Clean

Lots of players are buying lots of tennogen contents and are very happy with that, some other are not that happy cause they can't afford them and i can understand that but that's just the way it is. And i don't think we will sell more if the prices were lower, i think it will be exactly the same, who can spend money will buy the skins and who can't is going to say that's too much. Lowering the price is not going to solve anything, unless making good artist go away to find better things to do with their time is a solution ^^

This is the middle ground.

14 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Lowering the price is not going to solve anything, unless making good artist go away to find better things to do with their time is a solution ^^

This is the middle ground.

As I've already said, there would be at least one more buyer if prices were lower. I know that all my friends (close friends in-game and in real life that play) would start buying too amounting to about 10 or so people. Not significant by itself but I'm sure there are more like me...

Anyways, I don't want to get into an argument over this. For sure I'm frustrated at the prices and would love to buy some of these things. But at the current prices I could go and buy a new game, more platinum I can get more value out of or lots of other things. This is why I've asked questions and made suggestions in the first place like many others. Never have I said (or at least I hope not, pretty sure I didn't) that the creators of these should not get something out of their work.

Edited by Mr._Clean

Lowering the prices may bring slightly more buyers... who would create a smaller income pool overall because everyone is paying a lower price overall. I trust that DE/Steam have done their research on where the sweet spot is with price vs demand. 

On 3/25/2016 at 2:35 AM, Mr._Clean said:

But full price is just ridiculous since no one ever (or in their right mind) pays full price for plat with how freely available it is through coupons or other players. It doesn't devalue the price DE has set, but it does devalue the worth in the eyes of the players.

i buy 50$ in plat plat every week regardless of wether i have discounts or not. (and i spend it before 1 hour is up xD) but i do wish it was platinum based. it just feels more convienient. xD  this of course is after paying bills buying food, car payments. etc blegh

Edited by M4d0nyx

DE youre breaking my balls so hard right now, seriously, please add rhino into the next available modification list.

I was looking at the orbit mag skin as well, looks incredible.

I gotta say theyre pretty expensive though, personally I'd lower the prices if its just a helmet or a syandana, something like 3 for a helmet, 4 for a syandana and 6 for a full body.

edit:

Just remembered, a lot of syandanas are off centered by the way and helmets seem a bit too big in size.

Edited by Qynchou

Just now, Qynchou said:

DE youre breaking my balls so hard right now, seriously, please add rhino into the next available modification list.

I was looking at the orbit mag skin as well, looks incredible.

I gotta say theyre pretty expensive though, personally I'd lower the prices if its just a helmet or a syandana, something like 3 for a helmet, 4 for a syandana and 6 for a full body.

They've already expressed that they will never lower the prices as they match up with how much the accessories ingame in plat would cost as cash.

Yeah, some people are soo hasty in tagging tennogen artists works with "50 cent" and saying it's all about hobby. I wonder how many 'hobby' works they ever created. It's so easy to claim someone's work is valueless while not being engaged in such kind of work. No offence.

Plus, I believe everything was calculated long ago. I trust in DE and thank them for giving me such an opportunity.

Edited by Lucha

I think the prices are reasonable considering on the many things you can already get for free in the game. Moreover, first world countries might probably consider this as a steal. Third world players like me may have a little bit of consideration and thought before buying a skin; moreso for those who are still studying/unemployed.

I think we have a solid middle ground for now. There are a bit of inconsistencies though, such as the Zephyr skins (Helm+Skin is cheaper than Helm only) which I hope would be addressed soon. 

Still, I wasn't felt quite content with the current cosmetics (looking for a good Excal helm for the moment). Maybe i'll just wait for another polycount contest.

2 hours ago, KuroShiranui said:

There are a bit of inconsistencies though, such as the Zephyr skins (Helm+Skin is cheaper than Helm only) which I hope would be addressed soon. 

Still, I wasn't felt quite content with the current cosmetics (looking for a good Excal helm for the moment). Maybe i'll just wait for another polycount contest.

I actually like it more that way instead of a higher price.

I've got you covered ;) Once i finish with Nova i'll start with Excalibur

On 24/03/2016 at 2:57 AM, KJRenz said:

The prices actually match how much you would pay in plat. 

If you do the math, the price is actually fair.

vlV6N4y.png

Also to your second point, it's a lot harder and more complex than that. It's not an easy fix, it's going to be awhile before they do that. It's on steam because it's a much easier base for the Content workshop creators, Steam and DE to get the shared profit.

Also when you think about it 75plat is like a loki set = maybe 1 hour grinding to get so 4.99 isnt worth at all aha. I see your point however

Edited by -cS-NoVA-bb

On 25.03.2016 at 5:27 AM, Syncrasis said:

Lowering the prices may bring slightly more buyers... who would create a smaller income pool overall because everyone is paying a lower price overall. I trust that DE/Steam have done their research on where the sweet spot is with price vs demand. 

That's not some mysterious research they've done. It's just a different strategy. Sure we all want it to be like Steam - lower prices and sales so they get so many buyers that they're getting all the money they need in the opposite to other companies that are selling each game for about 60$ each and also getting all the money they need. It's just a more greedy and non-buyers-friendly strategy that companies who are sure they'll gonna sell stuff anyway can afford. Doesn't mean it's the only one that could've worked. And if we're talking about prices,there's literally no reason for selling bundles only like Hunhow's gift without a way to buy things from it separetely. Other than that one mentioned above.