Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

well youve got to understand that the artist of tennogen only have access tot he vanilla 3d models not primes

so all we have to work on is visually comparing "issue" points, and with newer primes becoming more and more complex then vanilla counterparts its a difficulty

a good solution would be to revert all frames to the vanilla skin when equipping the tennogen skin 

Best Regards

~Mako

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well youve got to understand that the artist of tennogen only have access tot he vanilla 3d models not primes

so all we have to work on is visually comparing "issue" points, and with newer primes becoming more and more complex then vanilla counterparts its a difficulty

a good solution would be to revert all frames to the vanilla skin when equipping the tennogen skin 

Best Regards

~Mako

Here's the thing, though - the reason this is a problem is that prime frames don't have a different mesh.  DE takes the frame's basic mesh then adds material - the bits that have been added to Valkyr, for example, are clear in the screenshot I posted, as they sit on top of the skin.  All that would have to happen is for the prime pieces to be disabled when a tennogen skin is selected.

This is something that has been requested often, and it's of particularly pressing importance to the Tennogen artists themselves, whose income may suffer because of it.

It's impossible that it's escaped DE's notice.

Despite this, there has been no official statement indicating that it's even being considered. For the moment, it seem as though it will stay as it is.

Just now, DarthValkyr said:

I use graxx on my Valkyr, and I love the way it looks. I do think that we should have a toggle wether to keep prime assets on or not.

This would basically be the ultimate solution - it'd please people who want the skins as the artist intended, and it'd please people who want their primes to stand out.

Oh Nova my little lovely cute girl, look what you did here...all this started because you cant wear those awesome skin the way you should, the best and most beautyful warframe of the whole game, I love you so much <3

DE pls fix this. Nova deserve it.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

This is something that has been requested often, and it's of particularly pressing importance to the Tennogen artists themselves, whose income may suffer because of it.

It's impossible that it's escaped DE's notice.

Despite this, there has been no official statement indicating that it's even being considered. For the moment, it seem as though it will stay as it is.

@[DE]Megan responded quite a while ago that they will "fix" in u18.13, its on 1st page of this topic, and it was in the patchnotes. But it had no effect at all. After that, nothing. I try to repost this topic after every update but so far I didnt see any responce from DE apart from that one.

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

@[DE]Megan responded quite a while ago that they will "fix" in u18.13, its on 1st page of this topic, and it was in the patchnotes. But it had no effect at all. After that, nothing. I try to repost this topic after every update but so far I didnt see any responce from DE apart from that one.

She seems to have just meant steps would be taken to make the Nova Tennogen skins fit 'nicer' on Nova Prime, rather than completely disabling the Nova Prime cosmetic additions. 

On 05/12/2016 at 8:55 PM, AM-Bunny said:

She seems to have just meant steps would be taken to make the Nova Tennogen skins fit 'nicer' on Nova Prime, rather than completely disabling the Nova Prime cosmetic additions. 

A shame.

It just needs a toggle in the appearance tab or something for those who want the prime additions and for those who don't. 

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

A shame.

It just needs a toggle in the appearance tab or something for those who want the prime additions and for those who don't. 

If this is ever implemented, I would ask that it be applied to all variant items equally. The ability to toggle between Wraith skin and default skin, for instance.

For example, Tetra has a really nice chrome effect that can't be appreciated with Prisma Tetra, and the Shock Camo skin obviously doesn't have PBR. I hope this isn't overlooked when they consider these options.

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

If this is ever implemented, I would ask that it be applied to all variant items equally. The ability to toggle between Wraith skin and default skin, for instance.

For example, Tetra has a really nice chrome effect that can't be appreciated with Prisma Tetra, and the Shock Camo skin obviously doesn't have PBR. I hope this isn't overlooked when they consider these options.

Yes definitely. There are some cases where I'd like to use the original model/skin on weapons and warframes.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:49 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Best Regards

~Mako

No ,no and no. This is a terrible idea. They should either keep it as is currently, or put in a toggle as many reasonable forumites have suggested previously...

So a bunch of new Tennogen skins just came out and I've had my eye on the Saryn Graxx skin. The only problem about using it is that only partial changes are made to the prime version of the frame. Anything additional added/changed to the frame such as the new skirt and shoulders on Saryn Prime don't get affected at all. Is it possible that DE could make an option to toggle these additional parts? Personally I see no problem with it. If people can't distinguish you from a prime Warframe, they can simply look on the minimap/hit ESC.9Gh1KWv.jpgFBrK3RG.jpg

The tennogen skins should be treated as new models in the same way the premium skins are. Considering that real money is being paid for them it's the least they could do. I want maybe get the Saryn graxx, but I sure-as-shït am not going to if over half of it is covered up with prime junk. It's just a waste of money. I feel bad for Valkyr prime owners that tried to use their graxx skin, only to find that almost all of it is covered in a similar way.

1 minute ago, Rankii said:

The tennogen skins should be treated as new models in the same way the premium skins are. Considering that real money is being paid for them it's the least they could do. I want maybe get the Saryn graxx, but I sure-as-shït am not going to if over half of it is covered up with prime junk. It's just a waste of money. I feel bad for Valkyr prime owners that tried to use their graxx skin, only to find that almost all of it is covered in a similar way.

Nyx Prime is arguably in a worse spot. About two thirds of her Graxx skin is covered in prime garbage.

Just now, Zergy222 said:

Nyx Prime is arguably in a worse spot. About two thirds of her Graxx skin is covered in prime garbage.

Man, first Ignus gets canned, now over half of the new skins are unusable. This is a pretty bad time for cosmetics fans. But yeah I had been looking forward to this batch of graxx skins but I guess it wasn't meant to be.