Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

7 minutes ago, LadyBlacksilk said:

OMG I love this skin soooooo much! I have to ask pretty pretty please can we get an option for the tennogen skins to completely overwrite the Prime skin? 

I second this! As a Saryn main and someone who waited months for this skin, I love this. But the appearance on Saryn Prime is.. strange. Back to vanilla I suppose ;o

3 minutes ago, LadyBlacksilk said:

https://gyazo.com/fa525dbe59b5ee807f1c8017ffd7dcca

https://gyazo.com/0d376d9c2131a5461221acb64d84280b

Thankfully I held on to my old Saryn after I made my prime. This round of TennoGen made me very happy. All we need is that minor change and it will be perfect.

tumblr_oiaoo2CHjc1vr4f20o1_1280.jpg

Kept mine very 'Clem' for now haha. Anything Saryn is good in my book <3

I'm apalled of how bad the skin looks with sayrn prime, something needs to be done with the visuals of the primes messing up player made content.

The tennogen skins should be treated like a whole new model, and such with the premium cost it has, the way the skin is presented should also be the way

it appears on a prime warframe.

1 minute ago, Larry_Foulke said:

I'm apalled of how bad the skin looks with sayrn prime, something needs to be done with the visuals of the primes messing up player made content.

The tennogen skins should be treated like a whole new model, and such with the premium cost it has, the way the skin is presented should also be the way

it appears on a prime warframe.

Yeah, and the kicker is , the way that DE are going with their primes it's only going to get worse.

Saryn/vauban/Valkyre are all fairly new primes. they all have in common that they cover a large portion of the frame with new S#&amp;&#036;.

DE are aware. They have said in the past that this is something they would like to solve. It's incredibly frustrating from our point of view. We cant design anything with "prime in mind" since we dont have access to the prime stuff and dont know where the S#&amp;&#036; sits. We cant make 2 versions for the same reason.

it's all in DE's hands. And that is frustrating to say the least.

A toggle would be great, yeah. More choices for Fashionframe = more money for you. The Saryn Graxx skin looks much better without the Prime parts, but the Nova Graxx one looks even cooler on Nova Prime especially with the moving parts in the back.

Edited by Bleako

I've been trying to get this to happen for almost a year now, to no avail.

As much as i'd LOVE to see this added (and it's REALLY easy to do, c'mon DE you did it to the helmets, why not change the body back to the default 'mesh' when equipping those skins) it seems like they won't, or haven't listened to us about it. Which saddens me, alot of skins would look amazing without the annoying prime parts sticking and clipping through.

Edited by Latiac

6 hours ago, Oblitum said:

When applying the saryn Graxx Skin to the Prime variation there is a bug where the graxx changes don't really affect it, rather they just change the texture under parts of the prime appearance 

YES THIS!!!

2 hours ago, SC-Amko said:

Agree, not just Saryn all Prime variation shuld be recheck for any TENNOGEN skin, if its sking it shuld change it FULLY not just parts. PLZ FIX IT.

This NEEDS to be done! This should have been done a long time ago! I mean look at this! It's ruining my immersive Fashion Frame experience DX (Only slightly joking :P)

Prime

http://imgur.com/610u4Pp

Regular

http://imgur.com/eYPkWng

It's been bugging me for months, as Saryn main this is very very very very very very disappointing. I never like her Prime model since day one but also lucky enough for the deluxe skin to cover it. And now her Graxx looks really slick af but only to find the prime parts cover around 80% of it, the only changes I see are knee below, back side of her arms and her hands.

Give us toggle for the non-prime mesh in appearance...heck remodel Saryn Prime for God's sake!

Her prime looks ugly!

Remodel heerrrrr!

I'm pretty sure that the reason Tennogen is even a thing is because it means they have to do basically no actual work and still get to cash in on the new skins. They probably won't fix anything on the principle that it'd actually require effort on their part.

I am very unhappy about the prime skin for Saryn. The price is for a helmet and skin, what I got is a helmet (which looks awesome af) an a palette swap? Please make it a "cover up" like deluxe skin. I was looking forward to the grineer look, but i got nothing. Please respond.

8 hours ago, Rankii said:

I'm pretty sure that the reason Tennogen is even a thing is because it means they have to do basically no actual work and still get to cash in on the new skins. They probably won't fix anything on the principle that it'd actually require effort on their part.

The thing is the whole system could collapse because of this. People might stop buying them because they aren't getting what they payed for, and the creators might stop making them because they aren't being displayed true to their vision. This is a whole lot of money that DE would be losing for not only themselves but for the artists, and for what; not wanting to put some work in? I know I won't be buying the Saryn Graxx skin, even though I really like it, because it looks god awful on saryn prime, and I can no longer use my Valkyr graxx skin because that also looks god awful on valkyr prime. This is all not to mention that DE has already displayed the willingness to put a lot of work in for the tennogen system as they displayed in bringing it to consoles. That was a real struggle on their part. 

Anyways, I am hopeful that DE is willing to address this issue and put the work in.

Edited by Vrcross

1 minute ago, Vrcross said:

The thing is the whole system could collapse because of this. People might stop buying them because they aren't getting what they payed for, and the creators might stop making them because they aren't being displayed true to their vision. This is a whole lot of money that DE would be losing for not only themselves but for the artists for what, not wanting to put some work in? I know I won't be buying the Saryn Graxx skin, even though I really like it, because it looks god awful on saryn prime, and I can no longer use my Valkyr graxx skin because that also looks god awful on valkyr prime. This is all not to mention that DE has already displayed the willingness to put a lot of work in for the tennogen system as they displayed in bringing it to consoles. That was a real struggle on their part. 

Anyways, I am hopeful that DE is willing to address this issue and put the work in.

Unlikely, all things considered. Unless it's highly efficient they're not going to do anything. Good farm frame or level? Fixed within a week. Completely busted cosmetic issue? Better get used to waiting.

Definitely need the option to use the standard frame model for Tennogen skins.

Personal emphasis on "option" because while I can agree that the Nyx Prime pieces clash horribly with the Graxx skin, IMO they only make the Athena skin even better.

Best hope for the outcry for change is probably Zephyr Prime. Considering I pretty much never see a Zephyr today that doesn't have the Hagoromo skin, I doubt people will stand for it being unusable now that their favorite frame is primed.

I want to suggest an ability to be able to toggle the model of a prime warframe when you are using skins, especially tennogen skins as I feel like a lot of the time it clashes with the skin and ruins the skin completely, it's a relatively simple request and would let us decide whether or not we want to use the base model for the skins we paid real money for

Edited by Viking3206

19 minutes ago, Viking3206 said:

I want to suggest an ability to be able to toggle the "Extra bits" of a prime warframe when you are using skins, especially tennogen skins as I feel like a lot of the time it clashes with the skin and ruins the skin completely

i know alot of people want this and i myself have pushed for this a few times how is this still not a thing