Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yeeeeaaaaah it's really not that simple at all.

its a model swap it is that simple most of the primes just have a few extra bits glued on that show up on tennogen models they already have the toggles for delux skins they just need to add a user toggle for it

Edited by V45H

12 minutes ago, V45H said:

its a model swap it is that simple most of the primes just have a few extra bits glued on that show up on tennogen models they already have the toggles for delux skins they just need to add a user toggle for it

https://xkcd.com/1425/

But really, unless we actually know how Warframe stores and renders Prime warframes, we can't really say how easy or hard it would be to make the prime bits a toggle/attachment option, even if the tennogen skins makes it look like a bunch of extra parts added to the standard 'frame

3 hours ago, Foefaller said:

https://xkcd.com/1425/

But really, unless we actually know how Warframe stores and renders Prime warframes, we can't really say how easy or hard it would be to make the prime bits a toggle/attachment option, even if the tennogen skins makes it look like a bunch of extra parts added to the standard 'frame

even so a simple show non prime model when you toggle a little check box wouldnt be that hard to implement would it?

We absolutely need the option to remove prime stuff from tennogen skins. Many of the skins are just totally broken when used on a prime.

Would absolutely buy valkyr, saryn and nyx skins if they actually worked. Maybe others, I don't even have non primes to see what they look like :/

Please DE, just throw in an option toggle for us.

yes this thread has been made before.
yet this still has been ignored.
pretty ridiculous how many graxx skins i've bought and have been ruined with prime parts overlaying.
i'm like 5 seconds away from taking the stat penalty and just forma'ing the crap out of my non primed warframes.
just give us an option to turn prime junk on and off. i mean, you gave us ridiculously custom holster adjustment. a little flip switch for a model shouldn't be that hard.
if its a big deal for primes to look non prime, then just make it available for tennogen only skins. boom, problem solved. 

10 hours ago, V45H said:

You really do have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

19 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You really do have no idea what you're talking about.

the idea of swapping a primed skin with a non-primed version is literally the easiest concept i can think of.
swap some @(*()$ files, boom done.
are you an idiot?

switch or no switch, people are spending money on tennogen skins and they are being ripped off.
25 dollars down the drain this weekend. thanks DE.

On 5/25/2016 at 3:07 PM, [DE]Megan said:

This will be addressed in PC Update 18.13, thanks! 

why is the player base being ignored on this topic? do you like it when we throw our money away?
bare minimum, just enable the option to use non-primed wireframe model for tennogen skins.

3 hours ago, Putrid_Idiot said:

why is the player base being ignored on this topic? do you like it when we throw our money away?
bare minimum, just enable the option to use non-primed wireframe model for tennogen skins.

Well I am hoping that before DE havent seen it as much as an issue since none of the tennogen offerings have dealt with the.."heavy handed" prime frames. (saryn and more recently valkyr/vauban/nekros would be added to that pile).

Hoping that this thread will keep its momentum and that DE listens to it, as a creator it's disheartening to spend X amount of time on something and not be in full controll of the end result. With frames like volt/rhino/mag prime it was kinda ok, not ideal but wasn't the end of the world. 

This new batch though 

25 minutes ago, fredaven said:

Well I am hoping that before DE havent seen it as much as an issue since none of the tennogen offerings have dealt with the.."heavy handed" prime frames. (saryn and more recently valkyr/vauban/nekros would be added to that pile).

Hoping that this thread will keep its momentum and that DE listens to it, as a creator it's disheartening to spend X amount of time on something and not be in full controll of the end result. With frames like volt/rhino/mag prime it was kinda ok, not ideal but wasn't the end of the world. 

This new batch though 

are you faven?

18 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think the issue here is actually a programming one. It's not so much as using the Tennogen models being the original ones, but I believe the issue would be stuff like Immortal Skins, which people actually want to use on their Prime stuff.

Thus I changed my mind from "make those skins force normal model" to "add a toggle to switch from prime model to normal".

Just now, Xardis said:

Thus I changed my mind from "make those skins force normal model" to "add a toggle to switch from prime model to normal".

TBH the best solution would be to apply any future TennoGen skins with the default model. It's just it may be a pain in the &#! to do that per skin :P