Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

11 hours ago, Putrid_Idiot said:

i'm a terrible customer, and hate being robbed of what little money i have, so i'm gonna bump these threads until they get the attention they deserve.
faven did a kickass job here and his work is being completely S#&$ on.

p much me too.
mostly bc I'm unhappy that DE couldn't even go through the trouble to make the skin look decent.

Since all those new steam workshop skins being added to the game, i really wish to see function in arsenal that allow us to disable prime parts on prime warframes, cause some of the skins look like they were designed for default frames. I really don't like looks of some prime accesories on frames, like Rhino's Prime golden rotating key on his back or Nyx leg part, but it's a fashion frame after all, so i hope one day we can see a "toggle prime parts" button or something like that, i hope? 

14 minutes ago, Black_Paladin said:

i really wish to see function in arsenal that allow us to disable prime parts on prime warframes, cause some of the skins look like they were designed for default frames

Well, all workshop skins are made for default frames because the artists simply can't use the assets of prime warframes in tennogen, so they're forced to make it for the default model, and then have the prime model simply overwrite their own skin in a lot of cases

3 hours ago, Viking3206 said:

Well, all workshop skins are made for default frames because the artists simply can't use the assets of prime warframes in tennogen, so they're forced to make it for the default model, and then have the prime model simply overwrite their own skin in a lot of cases

>implying that they can't just have the skin overwrite the prime parts instead of having it look like total S#&$

8 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

TBH the best solution would be to apply any future TennoGen skins with the default model. It's just it may be a pain in the &#! to do that per skin :P

This is the most likely solution and the easiest one. No idea why it was a problem in the first place tbh

8 hours ago, Viking3206 said:

I'm not implying that, heck you can see the other posts I did, I want this to happen. I was just explaining what happens currently

And what happens currently is DE being stupid. They do it for their own deluxe skins but apparently overwriting the prime addons for tennogen skins is too much work.

On 19/12/2016 at 1:20 AM, Black_Paladin said:

Since all those new steam workshop skins being added to the game, i really wish to see function in arsenal that allow us to disable prime parts on prime warframes, cause some of the skins look like they were designed for default frames. I really don't like looks of some prime accesories on frames, like Rhino's Prime golden rotating key on his back or Nyx leg part, but it's a fashion frame after all, so i hope one day we can see a "toggle prime parts" button or something like that, i hope? 

You can't disable just prime part, the prime warframe are whole new 3D model exept for frost and excalibur, just by that idea, they'll probably never do it.

Just yeah, Prime factory is DE's work, and i don't see the problem at all, i don't have ANY problem with tennogen stuff and Prime ... except Helmets texture who are so different than the warframe sometimes, but for syandana i mean, yeah just turn the metalic part in the same color as your prime part and it's done x) looks pretty cool actualy !

Don't buy something and say "oh it might look good !" buy it and whine about it, plus you can easily refund these items.

So you don't have any problems with Prime bits covering 60% of the skin, but it's obvious that the majority does have a problem with it. Hell, the creators of the skins themselves doesn't like it. It turns people away from buying the skin, which means less sales, which means less profit for the content creators. The skin simply doesn't work as advertised and I have every right to complain about it.

21 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

So you don't have any problems with Prime bits covering 60% of the skin, but it's obvious that the majority does have a problem with it. Hell, the creators of the skins themselves doesn't like it. It turns people away from buying the skin, which means less sales, which means less profit for the content creators. The skin simply doesn't work as advertised and I have every right to complain about it.

That is probably because tennogen isn't supposed to suit with prime warframes yet :x

17 minutes ago, Fox7000 said:

If you want example then just look at Nyx Prime and her Tennogen Graxx skin.

Well Nyx prime is 99% different than the normal skin, so that's kind of normal that a skin done on the BASIC Nyx model doesn't look as good on primes, it's not the same mesh at all ...

21 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Same answer than the one before !

26 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't know of anyone asking for prime tennogen. Just people asking for tennogen skins to work better on primes, which is fair.

When i said "prime tennogen" it's everyone complaining about how the prime models screw up the tennogen body/helmet they bought, which is normal because the models are not meant to be for Primes ... Even if it's possible to put them on (i just tried on ember prime) it doesn't look good for sure, but that's pretty normal to me.

Edited by Bamboustache

21 minutes ago, Bamboustache said:

When i said "prime tennogen" it's everyone complaining about how the prime models screw up the tennogen body/helmet they bought, which is normal because the models are not meant to be for Primes ... Even if it's possible to put them on (i just tried on ember prime) it doesn't look good for sure, but that's pretty normal to me.

And why do you feel like they should stop complaining? Do you not want to see your favorite Warframe look good in a skin you bought? I, for example, don't keep normal Warframes once I have their Prime and I don't want to keep normal Warframes just for skins.

Edited by bluepheonix13

6 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

And why do you feel like they should stop complaining? Do you not want to see your favorite Warframe look good in a skin you bought? I, for example, don't keep normal Warframes once I have their Prime and I don't want to keep normal Warframes just for skins.

I don't use skin on prime, i like the way they look, the only exeption is frost because yeah ... isn't different to the normal one at all.

36 minutes ago, Bamboustache said:

That is probably because tennogen isn't supposed to suit with prime warframes yet :x

Which is why they should just replace the model entirely like Deluxe skins. 

Or add a toggle for the Prime bits. Either way, it's been 9 months since Tennogen were introduced and 7 months since [DE]Megan's post claiming that U18.1x will fix the skins. It's honestly really annoying at this point.

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

Which is why they should just replace the model entirely like Deluxe skins. 

Or add a toggle for the Prime bits. Either way, it's been 9 months since Tennogen were introduced and 7 months since [DE]Megan's post claiming that U18.1x will fix the skins. It's honestly really annoying at this point.

Just be patient then i guess, it's not by nagging someone you'll get something out it :p

1 hour ago, Bamboustache said:

i don't see the problem at all, i don't have ANY problem with tennogen stuff and Prime 

Really?

Spoiler

UfeLGCY.jpg

I was waiting for this skin with its first appearance. And now I am sad.

And i bought graxx Valkyr BEFORE prime. I don't want to keep both prime and not-prime frames just because skins on prime are terrible

Edited by Ternski

1 minute ago, Ternski said:

Really?

Hide contents

UfeLGCY.jpg

I was waiting for this skin with its first appearance. And now I am sad.

You can't see the problem for Saryn don't you ? I'm just not surprised at all you know, given the difference between regular saryn and prime ! The only thing i can see and they probably will do that, when you select a tennogen body you bought, it'll just switch your skin to what you've bought and completly hide the fact that this is a prime warframe, exactly like a deluxe skin i guess !

Btw, you could just switch back to normal saryn, it doesn't take that long to add one or two polarity ^^

2 minutes ago, Bamboustache said:

The only thing i can see and they probably will do that, when you select a tennogen body you bought, it'll just switch your skin to what you've bought and completly hide the fact that this is a prime warframe, exactly like a deluxe skin i guess 

And that's what i want more than anything.
I just wanted to show that there ARE problems with prime and tennogen, sadly.

Again - i don't want to keep two frames because of skins. And I love how Saryn Prime looks. No reasons for me to farm not-prime Saryn again, that's just don't make any sense.

13 minutes ago, Bamboustache said:

You can't see the problem for Saryn don't you ? I'm just not surprised at all you know, given the difference between regular saryn and prime ! The only thing i can see and they probably will do that, when you select a tennogen body you bought, it'll just switch your skin to what you've bought and completly hide the fact that this is a prime warframe, exactly like a deluxe skin i guess !

Btw, you could just switch back to normal saryn, it doesn't take that long to add one or two polarity ^^

you don't get the problem do you?

you see, we dont' want to waste warframe slots/platinum just because DE hasn't made it so that tennogen works like deluxe skins or made the prime parts toggleable. neither do we not want to waste both time and resources to get the normal frame, rank it, forma it, *repeat*.

Also, the argument saying that primed warframes aren't supposed to be using skins such as tennogen is EXTREMELY silly

Cmon, just look at this

Spoiler

Y6QDfmU.jpg

7Uc3Ynf.jpg

Please say it directly in my face that this ISN'T a problem. Also, before you say i shouldn't have bought the skin, i got it months ago and used it on my regular valkyr. 

11 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

you don't get the problem do you?

you see, we dont' want to waste warframe slots/platinum just because DE hasn't made it so that tennogen works like deluxe skins or made the prime parts toggleable. neither do we not want to waste both time and resources to get the normal frame, rank it, forma it, *repeat*.

Also, the argument saying that primed warframes aren't supposed to be using skins such as tennogen is EXTREMELY silly

Cmon, just look at this

Hide contents

Y6QDfmU.jpg

7Uc3Ynf.jpg

Please say it directly in my face that this ISN'T a problem. Also, before you say i shouldn't have bought the skin, i got it months ago and used it on my regular valkyr. 

Could be worse to be honest XD But i do get what you're saying don't worry, all of you i just don't get "toggleable" everyone seems to completly misunderstand

I'm just concerned about the "toggleable prime part" thing that everyone's asking, it's not PARTS it's a whole different body model, so it's just not possible.