Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

1 minute ago, Bamboustache said:

Could be worse to be honest XD But i do get what you're saying don't worry, all of you i just don't get "toggleable" everyone seems to completly misunderstand

I'm just concerned about the "toggleable prime part" thing that everyone's asking, it's not PARTS it's a whole different body model, so it's just not possible.

I don't think so. Prime-bodies look like normal + some gold parts + retexture. But i can be wrong, idk, honestly

3 minutes ago, Ternski said:

I don't think so. Prime-bodies look like normal + some gold parts + retexture. But i can be wrong, idk, honestly

Trust me they're not ^^ Just look at Saryn and you'll see it's not the same body at all, just by looking at the waist.

The only toggleable part that are designed outside of the body are ember/frost shoulder and stuff like that.

11 minutes ago, Bamboustache said:

Could be worse to be honest XD But i do get what you're saying don't worry, all of you i just don't get "toggleable" everyone seems to completly misunderstand

I'm just concerned about the "toggleable prime part" thing that everyone's asking, it's not PARTS it's a whole different body model, so it's just not possible.

i'd prefer if we could choose if we want the skin to show the prime bits or not because sometimes the prime parts actualyl help the skin

4 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

i'd prefer if we could choose if we want the skin to show the prime bits or not because sometimes the prime parts actualyl help the skin

Agreed, i just bought the skin for frost, as frost hasn't anything changed on his prime model it doesn't look odd at all !

xQMcdxt.jpg

But i definitly get the thing for some others frame (i have one that's bugging me on Volt actualy) You can see the texture difference, yhey probably should update a little old prime warframes.

wN2N4uL.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bamboustache said:

Agreed, i just bought the skin for frost, as frost hasn't anything changed on his prime model it doesn't look odd at all !

xQMcdxt.jpg

But i definitly get the thing for some others frame (i have one that's bugging me on Volt actualy) You can see the texture difference, yhey probably should update a little old prime warframes.

wN2N4uL.jpg

there's a thread on steam that was made 2 days ago comparing most primes to eachother when using tennogen/skins

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/154644045357695091/

the reason some primes look weird and some primes dont is because as warframe has gone on the primes have gotten fancier and fancier.
for example, VOLT just has a few extra shiny portions here and there. bigger knees. changed texture to custom shoulders.
however SARYN, has:

full arm covers, skirt cover that leads into breast plate, new tendrils, thigh covers.
if you throw on a graxx skin you can tell 100% which pieces are ADDED on top of saryn in order to achieve the prime look.
they are simply additions. it SHOULD NOT be a big deal to code in a @(*()$ button and throw in some damn files that make the simpler frame model accessible.
why put tennogen in the game if you're just going to half &#! it and make it look terrible?  

the texture mapping on ember's thighs are hilariously bad. literally reminds me of this:

Edited by Putrid_Idiot

21 hours ago, Bamboustache said:

21 hours ago, Ternski said:

It's only partially true for the recent Primes, while I can say with certainty that Valkyr Prime replaces most of her model (torso completely replaced) instead of just covering it up , older Primes are just basic models + prime extras, it's never a completely different body model - Valkyr Prime still uses parts of her default body that have the same UV maps so skins can still be used. And it looks like the extras cover the body up but the problem with her is if you remove those extras there's no geometry underneath at all, which might be the case for Saryn, Vauban and Nekros, too. (I'm not sure because I haven't looked but it's definitely possible  I went and looked, Vaub and Nekros are the same way)

With the direction primes are heading (more and more custom geometry) it'd be an easier solution to separate the prime appearance into its own skin that's exclusive to prime versions (I assume so anyway, it should require less coding and UI work), that can be switched out for default appearance or any other skin. Their helmets already work that way anyway.

Edited by Artarrwen

3 hours ago, Artarrwen said:

It's only partially true for the recent Primes, while I can say with certainty that Valkyr Prime replaces most of her model (torso completely replaced) instead of just covering it up , older Primes are just basic models + prime extras, it's never a completely different body model - Valkyr Prime still uses parts of her default body that have the same UV maps so skins can still be used. And it looks like the extras cover the body up but the problem with her is if you remove those extras there's no geometry underneath at all, which might be the case for Saryn, Vauban and Nekros, too. (I'm not sure because I haven't looked but it's definitely possible)

With the direction primes are heading (more and more custom geometry) it'd be an easier solution to separate the prime appearance into its own skin that's exclusive to prime versions (I assume so anyway, it should require less coding and UI work), that can be switched out for default appearance or any other skin. Their helmets already work that way anyway.

On all the prime skins/resources i've gotten a hold of so far the Prime stuff is basically geo pasted ontop. Then one some they remove some loose bits of geo and replace it with something else (saryn thigh for example).

In the end the primes are just souped up regular frames with S#&$ added/removed. 

It havent been a problem until tennogen started dealing with those more elobarte frames. If the upcoming Vauban skin makes it in they will have a field day with Vauban prime (still not as bad as saryn imo)

1 hour ago, fredaven said:

On all the prime skins/resources i've gotten a hold of so far the Prime stuff is basically geo pasted ontop. Then one some they remove some loose bits of geo and replace it with something else (saryn thigh for example).

it gets worse

iB4UJWx.jpg

In the end the primes are just souped up regular frames with S#&$ added/removed. 

that's what I'm saying, too, they're not "completely new" as some claim, even though the changes are getting more and more severe with every new prime

edit: i @(*()$ hate how spoilers break everything

Edited by Artarrwen

21 hours ago, Bamboustache said:

If it's not possible then how come Deluxe skins do it just fine? It's not like we're asking for a completely new model, we just want the ability to be able to use the default warframe model instead of the prime model when using skins, it's a simple concept to understand

On 12/18/2016 at 2:27 PM, Vitoga said:

I really hope this issue gets resolved soon.

I've been waiting to enjoy several skins in full for a good while now.

I don't think this issue will ever be resolve. DE just do not care about this, and for them, this is already resolved.

On 5/25/2016 at 5:07 PM, [DE]Megan said:

This will be addressed in PC Update 18.13, thanks! 

^

1 hour ago, Ragdriel said:

I don't think this issue will ever be resolve. DE just do not care about this, and for them, this is already resolved.

^

It will be addressed if good chunk of people will complain about it. I understand taht DE were busy with the WW and now it is almost Christmass so Hopefully this will be addressed next year or at least if we got some sort of reply from DE about it so it would be clear if they are aware or not.

Just now, Grayscale_Lord said:

It will be addressed if good chunk of people will complain about it. I understand taht DE were busy with the WW and now it is almost Christmass so Hopefully this will be addressed next year or at least if we got some sort of reply from DE about it so it would be clear if they are aware or not.

I don't think it would be that hard to implement tbh. So I hope it gets addressed sooner then that.

1 hour ago, Putrid_Idiot said:

welp we've been on about it for a while now and nothing.

L I T E R A L L Y 
R E S U L T S

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

23 hours ago, Artarrwen said:

it gets worse

Hide contents

iB4UJWx.jpg

that's what I'm saying, too, they're not "completely new" as some claim, even though the changes are getting more and more severe with every new prime

edit: i @(*()$ hate how spoilers break everything

Hold me. Didnt realize nekros was *that* bad.

I knew vauban was bad but nekros is just...spectacular.

Is it really that hard? We already have a feature on frames with default non-primed heads, and is it such a problem to add "default" body skin to frame and make all tennogen skins, as someone in this thread said - as replacers, suchs as "deluxe"-skins are? I just don't get it. I know DE got a lot of work, but that's just quick and simple thing that got to be done a long time ago, i guess.

13 minutes ago, Urska said:

tbh, they could just make it where if u use a player made skin it just uses non prime model n all. lets me real. some of the skins added are better then primes in looks.

Depends on both your taste and the skin. Thus giving us a choice on useing the model would accomodate the most people, thus making the group that wants to use skins on normal model to buy the skins (for the frames that have aquireable prime variant) at all.

27 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Depends on both your taste and the skin. Thus giving us a choice on useing the model would accomodate the most people, thus making the group that wants to use skins on normal model to buy the skins (for the frames that have aquireable prime variant) at all.

but really when u see the skin. u see it on a non prime. so if you like the skin, u get it. taste n all dosnt matter here. ppl buy the skins that are made for base verison. ppl dont buy it for prime chance on it not going bad. they really should just make it turn into non prime model. and ya having both be fine too but i dont see DE doing this for both cuz they most like what people to look at you n know its a prime. they could always let people make skins for prime only as well but thats x2 the work n all. wouldnt go well as well, another great idea too would be able to remove the random stuff they add on frames too... i know that wont happen but ya... IE Saryin's neck... lips.. i would love to not have those things. all it is is pure head cliping :l 

17 minutes ago, Urska said:

if you like the skin, u get it

17 minutes ago, Urska said:

taste n all dosnt matter here

Compare those 2. You have contradicted yourself. The fact that you like the skin is exacly the matter of your personal taste. Not to mention that you might like it only on prime or normal. Also the colouring pattern of those is huge here. Most skins look good on prime frames in the Orokin colours, that doesnt mean that you have to like it or use those colours. This is all dependant on your taste.

24 minutes ago, Urska said:

they most like what people to look at you n know its a prime

Wow. Look, you have info about that in the esc menu in game and on the minimap. If you allow us to colour the frames it can change the looks in drastic manners. If you care for people to know "its a prime" more than to make them look like they want to why allow to ever change colours, or even have any skins in the game for that matter, nevermind normal that still retain prime bit, Deluxes completly change the looks - doesnt matter if its a prime or not. DE instead care about money from Tennogen, and there is a big chunk of players who dont buy Tennogens for the sole reason that the skins are limited by the prime bit. If those could be in control of what model they use on prime - they would buy those skins. But they dont, and the problem gets worse with every prime - each new prime has more obscuring parts.

gotta love those threads that complain about the size of zephyrs head, or how they think nyx's model needs a rework, how to make nidus noble stance "better", frame selection screen being "bugged", and etc. bumping this thread down. serious forum clutter garbage.
yet no attention to this issue yet.
will they ever fix their game? probably not.

Edited by Putrid_Idiot

3 hours ago, Putrid_Idiot said:

gotta love those threads that complain about the size of zephyrs head, or how they think nyx's model needs a rework, how to make nidus noble stance "better", frame selection screen being "bugged", and etc. bumping this thread down. serious forum clutter garbage.
yet no attention to this issue yet.
will they ever fix their game? probably not.

I mean it's a pretty big issue atm given the new tennogen skins.

I can't even use Saryn Prime if I want to use the Graxx skin because it looks so godawful.

This is the only other thread that seems to have been kept alive about it too. There were some others but they got lost.

I would like to know why several appearances are undergoing drastic changes in their original visuals when applied in prime warframes, many are totally losing their original appearance and becoming completely disfigured, especially those related to "tennogen". But this is not the case with the delux.      Could at least have the option of maintaining the most original appearance or "prime" appearance when applied to skins

20161225112816_1.jpg