Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

Petition to DE: Add a new UI toggle for prime to nonprime model for all prime frames or add an auxiliary slot for those prime parts like Banshee sholderplate. (The 2nd option was implemented several times in similar degree, Armor slots, Movember staches, Easter Leptus headgear, Halloween Dullahan mask and auxiliary cosmetics for Valkyr and Nekros) I dont want those prime bits automaticly turned off like with Deluxe skins. I do not expect any change to happen overnight, I only expect a public statemeant from DE about their decision on this issue and, if possible, a rough estimete on implementation date of any change.

Context: The title, Nova Prime model isnt disabled if you equip Cygni skin, it destroyes some aspects of the skin such as arms, top front, neck, back exhausts and legs. This issue is also with newer prime frames like Nyx, Vauban, Nekros, Rhino ect, coz they have more prime blings. It would be nice if it could be fixed either by making it optional to have Nova Prime features disables or making the skin do it outright.

Edited by Xardis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

I like it personally. Imo skins should not reset the model to base when using a prime as the shiny bits are part of the whole "prime" thing.

7TJyFVu.jpg

Thats your opinion. You should be able to have this option. But I dont like it, the skin is advertised as "pure" while its in that state on the frame. Give us option which base model to choose when putting on the skin. All deluxe skin take the base model, Knave skin on Loki Prime would look terribly with its gigant leg and arm pads. Steam skins are no diffrent as they change frames model.

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This will be addressed in PC Update 18.13, thanks! 

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Neptlude said:

Please dont remove the prime gold parts, just the chestplate `-`

A chestplate was on Nova Prime to unify her look. Yes, normal Nova had a diffrent one but the Prime is there to hide it. I want all Prime parts removed. Ofc I do advocate for an option to turn them on. Same with any other skin.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:07 AM, [DE]Megan said:

This will be addressed in PC Update 18.13, thanks! 

So nothing actually change? I kinda dont mind the chest piece but the transition from prim to non prime skin is really bad

OhfxLMU.jpg

They should at least followed the curves of the prime parts...

Im kinda dissapointed now, I should have doubled check before buying the skin....

Either the fix did nothing, or I haven't had enough coffee to see any difference.

If the fix is in place and I just don't see it, wouldn't it be better to just have her prime chestpiece be an accessory? Like Ember Prime's, Volt Prime's, and Oberon's Shoulders? As it would make the Tennogen items worth using on Nova Prime.

Edit: Well, I'll just bite the bullet and go back to using vanilla Nova for the skins. Will miss her "wings" though.

Edited by PhiZero

50 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

The New Update Only Apply On Cygni Skin On Nova Prime.. Still have Problem With Nova Visage.. 

I didnt see any changes using Cygni, what you´re talking about? 

that is an issue, it kinda ruins the point of using a skin. I didn't mind the unclean transition between the chest plate and the immortal skin back in the day, but now things are getting real and this needs to be adressed. either clean up the chestpiece, or let tennogen skins override it. I'd prefer the latter, Hitsu San's skin loses a lot of detail because of it for example:(

Edited by Rawbeard

3 hours ago, SnowCat84 said:

Same here. :(
 Hope DE give us an option to use skin without prime chest plate and neck parts, because, imo, prime parts kinda ruin whole sleek feel of this skin.

Yes. The neck/chest ruin all alternate skins.

36 minutes ago, DYSEQTA said:

Yes. The neck/chest ruin all alternate skins.

I agree with this. As a Nova main, I hate how Nova Prime's chest and neck affect all her skins, including her Immortal skin. I really hope they give us a toggle that turns the prime features on and off. Though that may be quite hard to do.