Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

13 minutes ago, VanaeAlcarus said:

Yaaay! Never mind then. Do you remember if they mentioned separate color themes for attachments on one of the streams? I recall mentions of that.

Yeah, they definitely said they're going to do it at some point.

At the very least, separate colouring for Syandana and Armour sets, not sure about individual Armour pieces.

Just a matter of finding the time to devote to it. They said the UI guys already have a lot on their plates.

1 minute ago, direcyphre said:

Primes all use the same base model with prime bits attached. All skins that aren't deluxe skins (which alter the model completely) will show on the base model with prime bits still attached and uneffected.

To add to this, DE are going to make it so that the Tennogen skins use the non-prime models soon.

Totally agree with OP, DE please allow me to toggle these Prime bits, Graxx Valkyr never looked like what she should be, it's so much better on a plain Valkyr, but the Prime bits ruinned everything.

Really don't see anything bad about that toggle thing, please I need it bad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 3:53 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

In honour of the hard work that our creators have put into their TennoGen creations, we are changing Skins to use the original models for Prime Warframes to prevent any unwanted clipping or concealment of textures. This is an all or nothing process due to technical limitations, so all TennoGen Skins will get this treatment.

Thank you all for your feedback and patience on this matter. :community:

Any update on this situation?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sakurina878 said:

thank god i bought the cute nova putfit just an hour ago and that old part ruins that cute costume

Keep in mind that it could take a long time till its fixed. Even few months. We still dont know if DE will introduce a switch or force normal model on all of those skins.

7 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Keep in mind that it could take a long time till its fixed. Even few months. We still dont know if DE will introduce a switch or force normal model on all of those skins.

Taylor posted yesterday, a toggle is coming today for TennoGen.

Edited by NightmareT12

2 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

^

I think this heated discussion can finally end.

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Taylor posted yesterday, a toggle is coming today for TennoGen.

Well, thanks for the info guys. Didnt see it yet.

With today's recent update I logged in and got really pissed off as my Volt Prime's Graxx Tennogen skin does not have the Prime bits anymore. I LOVED how the Volt Prime stacked with the Graxx Skin for the Volt as it really looked unique and extraordinary, but now it just looks plain and it doesn't look prime anymore.

How my Volt Prime looked like before the update:

You can see that his lower back piece, knees, and ankles still have the gold Prime bits.

And how my Volt Prime looks like now after the update:

You can see that the gold Prime pieces on his lower back piece, knees, and ankles are now gone. 

This annoys me because I bought this Tennogen skin for about $5-$6 (I think it was), because when I just got the Volt Prime and I previewed the Graxx Skin on while customizing my Volt Prime, I LOVED HOW THE PRIME BITS WERE STILL THERE EVEN WITH THE SKIN ON, and that's the reason why I spent MONEY on the skin, but now it's gone. I know some people might say "OH IT'S JUST AESTHETICS, IT IS NOT GONNA AFFECT YOUR GAMEPLAY AT ALL" 

But the fact that I paid real money for this skin because of the purpose of having that prime skin stack on in is now gone, really disappoints me. 

AT LEAST HAVE A TOGGLE SWITCH where we can choose to make Tennogen skins appear regular or appear with Prime parts. PLEASE.

Edited by Dauragin

• 2 weeks later...