Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

Make sure you post in the right subforum next time, this is feedback it does not go in GD. Also Its helpful to describe your issue if you want it fixed, plenty of people can look at your images and not know what they are supposed to be seeing, just for future reference.

Just now, PhoenixElite said:

Or a simple toggle button could be added for a Warframe's Prime additions to make everyone happy (unless you're one of those people that doesn't like others being happy). There is absolutely no reason to keep a regular variant of a Warframe when the Prime is superior in stats and telling someone not to use it simply because of that comes off as somewhat patronizing.

Vanilla Warframes and weapons have a different visual aesthetic than their Prime counterparts. If you want to utilize the vanilla visuals, you should keep them around. If you don't care about the aesthetic and only value the stats, you can choose to keep just the Prime version.

I know that the developers have always felt that Prime items should have their visual uniqueness preserved. That's why initially the gold couldn't be tinted. There was a time when they didn't even want Prime Warframes to be able to swap helmets. They've grown increasingly lax as time has gone on, but I suspect that they don't want Prime items able to completely copy the vanilla looks.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Probably not that hard.

However, this is nothing new - it's literally been this way since Immortal skins were first introduced into the game, and it's remained consistent on all skins that are just texture swaps.

I know some people enjoy the way Prime Warframes look with Immortal skins. Applying the skins in this way *is* giving us more options. If you don't want the Prime bits, don't use the Prime Warframe; it's pretty simple.

Well, I grinded for the prime because it has better stats. Also, this isn't a mutually exclusive idea. DE could just add a (disable prime geometry) switch in the skin selection menu of prime warframes, and it could work for all the skins, new and old. No reason why everyone can't be happy here, people who are fine with it as is can leave the geometry, and the people that don't can disable it and have it be as the artist intended. 

Not a hard concept, and can't see any reason against not having it.

This idea just hit me, maybe DE can implement something to toggle the regular frame appearance by needing a regular fully built frame. With this,  regular frames will still be relavant even if you have the prime variant from the start and want to have the regular frames look.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

That's not really a bug... Its the same thing that happens when you apply any skin besides a deluxe skin to a prime frame. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to select or toggle on the original form of frames in the future so that we can further customize our stuff.

2 minutes ago, Jade-Lotus said:

That's not really a bug... Its the same thing that happens when you apply any skin besides a deluxe skin to a prime frame. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to select or toggle on the original form of frames in the future so that we can further customize our stuff.

Future? They show me this beautiful skin without any warnings and this?? Sorry DE this is complately another skin. I think I will go to the support. :sadcry:

5 minutes ago, Rapiddragon said:

Future? They show me this beautiful skin without any warnings and this?? Sorry DE this is complately another skin. I think I will go to the support. :sadcry:

I'm telling you, this isn't a bug, its how the game is right now. It has been discussed in dev streams that the developers are aware of how a good amount of players feel about this, and it maybe be an upcoming feature in the future to toggle off the prime bits or the option to switch to the original body when using skins. I'm sorry you feel like you were cheated out of something, but that's just how things are at the moment.

Edited by Jade-Lotus
Fixed some grammar

I've been waiting ever since April for the Rhino Graxx skin... I have seen it's many renditions and hope it would get in the game every time the term tennogen came up. Now that it's finally out, there's some nagging problems related to the prime parts; mostly in that they will never take the same colors as the rest of the body due to different mapping between the authors! The other issue is that the iron skin looks disgusting on the prime version because you literally lose all of the detail that used to be there. I'll probably make a seperate post about it later on but it's really bugging me how good it looks on the default frame and not mine!

11 hours ago, theclinton said:

Make sure you post in the right subforum next time, this is feedback it does not go in GD. Also Its helpful to describe your issue if you want it fixed, plenty of people can look at your images and not know what they are supposed to be seeing, just for future reference.

Tbh i didn't intend to create a feedback thread but i guess it is, that's why i posted it in general discussion. I'll make sure to keep that in mind for next time, thanks!

2 hours ago, Crazee73 said:

I've been waiting ever since April for the Rhino Graxx skin... I have seen it's many renditions and hope it would get in the game every time the term tennogen came up. Now that it's finally out, there's some nagging problems related to the prime parts; mostly in that they will never take the same colors as the rest of the body due to different mapping between the authors! The other issue is that the iron skin looks disgusting on the prime version because you literally lose all of the detail that used to be there. I'll probably make a seperate post about it later on but it's really bugging me how good it looks on the default frame and not mine!

I'll make sure to ask the question in the Devstream thread for next friday. This is just not right and i think it's disrespecting the artists' work.. even if some people likes it. I won't pay almost 10$ for a blend of nyx prime and nyx athena. 

Honestly if they were to add an on/off toggle for the added prime bits on warframes (which i really want) i assume this could actually only be done if all the frames that have their prime variants could only receive such an option if their vanilla counterparts got their PBR treatment, which to this day still has not been done (which baffles me). But i know PBR might take some time, it's a delicate process.

While I was still looking for opinion on what nova skin best, I found this post. It remind me that whatever skin I bought later would have to consider that prime parts as well. DE should have warn players "Guys your tennogen skin will looks different in prime version". 

Here's a better idea.

Whenever a player buys a tennogen skin, they're automatically given 2 versions: one for the prime warframe (which can only be equipped on the prime frame), and one for the non-primed variant (that works on either prime or non-prime frame, but LOOKS like the non-prime skin regardless).  Then they can simply choose whichever they'd rather equip.

No need for this to be an options dialog toggle.  That would work, but if we got an options dialog toggle for every time someone suggested one, the options screen would be 30 pages long by now.

Viewing the present situation on PC from the safe distance of PS4, in regards to the latest tenno gen batch, i feel like this is a good time to take a look at prime models as a whole.

As an adamant fashionframe-er i personally believe that there should be a way to use the original model of a primed frame. THis would be harder with newer primes like Vauban and Nekros who have had complete visual overhauls, but it seems like, for the most part, a lot of the primes tend to be alt skins of the original model, with added bits (IE Loki's fins, thicc thighs, and metal heart thing) and more... clearly, with the graxx skins for Volt and Rhino.  i think it should be considered that primes get a whole model resembling the original, or have the prime accessories (for lack a better term) toggleable.

Of course, there is the argument we could just have two separate warframe slots taken up for the sake of aethetics, but personally as someone who does that, i find it to be very much a hassle.

What do you guys think? something akin to Equinox's metamorphosis option perhaps. We already get a standard helmet with the prime, why not get a standard model as well? 

I just bought the Tennogen skin Rhino Vojnik Battle-Damaged Skin by Valkovyi and am absolutely in love with it. I have also bought Hitsu San/s Excal skin and feel like a man playing with Ken and Barbie while I try on all sorts of thing on them. But one thing came as a surprise when I used the skin on my Rhino Prime, the shoulders reverted to the default Primed variant and would not change to the new skin. This really destroys the overall look of the skin whom Valkovyi really did an outstanding job on. 

Could there be an option to let us turn on / off the "Primed Accessories", thereby letting us see the entire skin in all its intended beauty?

Thanks and keep on bringing us great Tennogen content.