Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

29 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

This may be unique to valkyr, most other prime frames keep the same mesh valkyr's entire torso is redesigned which causes this.

Even though they should not be modified, after all is the original appearance of it. And it's not just with valkyr, saryn suffers from the same problem.    The prime appearance is overwriting the tennogen appearance 20161225132608_1.jpg

On 12/20/2016 at 7:29 AM, Bamboustache said:

You can't see the problem for Saryn don't you ? I'm just not surprised at all you know, given the difference between regular saryn and prime ! The only thing i can see and they probably will do that, when you select a tennogen body you bought, it'll just switch your skin to what you've bought and completly hide the fact that this is a prime warframe, exactly like a deluxe skin i guess !

Btw, you could just switch back to normal saryn, it doesn't take that long to add one or two polarity ^^

it wouldn't take long to add a toggle either. not everyone wants to build an entire goddamm frame for the sake of a skin when they already have an upgrade. in fact their reason for removing arcane helmets was so that appearances didn't have an effect on stats

On 12/25/2016 at 8:04 AM, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

This may be unique to valkyr, most other prime frames keep the same mesh valkyr's entire torso is redesigned which causes this.

Happens on quite a few of the frames iirc.
DE didn't set it to have the skins overwrite the prime models so they look like complete &#! bc of the prime addons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 2:04 PM, Rankii said:

it wouldn't take long to add a toggle either. not everyone wants to build an entire goddamm frame for the sake of a skin when they already have an upgrade. in fact their reason for removing arcane helmets was so that appearances didn't have an effect on stats

Yeah, I don't want to have to give up better stats and 4 formas for a skin.

Hope DE adds a toggle or w/e. I'd be happy with just a model overwrite tbh.

20 minutes ago, Putrid_Idiot said:

i am unequipping every prime frame i own with graxx in solidarity with this issue.
[DE] - don't give faven reasons to stop making skins.
you lost your deluxe guy. you need all the good artists you can get.

This! Stop driving away the people that are making you money!

Hey Tenno!

In honour of the hard work that our creators have put into their TennoGen creations, we are changing Skins to use the original models for Prime Warframes to prevent any unwanted clipping or concealment of textures. This is an all or nothing process due to technical limitations, so all TennoGen Skins will get this treatment.

Thank you all for your feedback and patience on this matter. :community:

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

In honour of the hard work that our creators have put into their TennoGen creations, we are changing Skins to use the original models for Prime Warframes to prevent any unwanted clipping or concealment of textures. This is an all or nothing process due to technical limitations, so all TennoGen Skins will get this treatment.

Not the ideal solution, but a big step in the right direction. Good to hear!

I would still like vanilla skins to be an option for all variant items, including Wraith/Prisma/Whatever weapons... I hope you don't close the book on this one.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

Wooooo!! Finally ^^

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

:clap::clap::clap:

12 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

Thank you! Even tough I like how some tennogen skins look on primed frames regardless of the prime attachments put on the model (with proper coloring, obviously) I'd like to know, will this change include Phased Vauban and Rubedo Rhino? Both skins share the same issue that tennogen skins, being more noticeable on Vauban [Thread with proof] 

I have another question, but since this change is being done this way due to technical limitations, I guess I'll save it for the future.

However, thank you for letting us know about this decision! :community:

Edited by -----LegioN-----

21 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Thank you! Even tough I like how some tennogen skins look on primed frames regardless of the prime attachments put on the model (with proper coloring, obviously) I'd like to know, will this change include Phased Vauban and Rubedo Rhino? Both skins share the same issue that tennogen skins, being more noticeable on Vauban [Thread with proof] 

Hmm, I'll let the team know. Thanks for the report!

39 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

THANK YOU JESUS

46 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

My deepest thanks to whole DE team. I hope that this relatively small issue didnt cause too much trouble. Keep on improving this awesome game. Im sure that many people will starting from today Give unto the Void.:corpus:

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

will the be no way to toggle the prime attachments? I really like the look of some skins with prime parts

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

I was curious myself about this. I noticed recently with the Ember Graxx skin on Ember Prime that the gold fringe on her legs would be improperly textured. I can understand why you all came to this decision to simply change the model to the orginal, but I was also curious as to whether the player-made skins could be modified to work like the Immortal Skins? I'm unsure of the specifics but I just know that the immortal skins are interchangable between the Original and Prime frames with the prime features remaining distinctive.

(If someone has mentioned this before, I apologize...)

I'm partial to my shiny prime parts, so this decision kinda bugs me. However I would hope there would be a way to address this without completely turning off prime parts when it comes to Tennogen skins. To me it would just make more sense if the tennogen skins were coded/customized to work like Immortal skins on prime frames.

emberprimeproblems_by_thedragondreamer-d

Edited by Drakanius1
Added Picture Proof

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

Nice to see this is coming but isn't there a possibility of being able to select if we want to use a vanilla frame or not? Surely it can't be that difficult and an all or none issue, more to do with workload.

16 minutes ago, DerMetzgermeister said:

I guess I'm not buying any more Tennogen skins, I actually like golden attachments in my frames, some default models are too plain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im in the same boat.

im glad at least they've made the decision easier for me, and i dont ever need to spend money in this game.

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

So there is no way to make it a toggle like most people want?

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

if I wanted my frames to not look prime, I would not use the prime variants.

Which would you rather do: 

invalidate the design work your art team does on primes while also invalidating the purchases I made to use (not cheap, whatsoever) tennogen skins on my prime frames, as was displayed to me in-game. at this point im literally not getting what I payed for. 

or

put in a toggle like everyone wants, a solution where I dont see a downside for the players or DE. this can honor the work of DE and the artist equally. Why wouldnt you want that? 

...Unless you suddenly switching the frames to be non-prime models has nothing to do with you 'honoring' the work of the creators and is potentially something else. This would coincide with: "This is an all or nothing process due to technical limitations" <--- this being a complete load of nonsense.

all of this because you cant be bothered to give players a toggle. okay.

Edited by Midnaspet
formatting, word choice