Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

It's not a bug according to the creators of the skins. They are made for the normal versions of the frames and only available to Primes by extension.

Swapping out the models of the Primes was suggested. Adjusting the skins specifically for Primes would be too time consuming and not economically viable at the current price. Then, state clearly in the written description of the skins that they aren't meant for Primes.

Personally, I want my Primes to look distinctively different from the normal versions. Swapping out the models isn't desirable.

Skins are not for Primes but they are still available for Primes? What is the point of skin if it is bugged? That makes no sense.

I've bought a few Nova Tennogen skins and I am really, really disappointed that they are bugged/incompatible on/with the Prime version.

They could easily just make TG skins swap to the non-prime model since that's what they seem to be made for anyways. 

My thoughts exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Flatflyer said:

I wouldnt even mind if DE made it something we had to pay plat for the ability to remove the prime visuals with skins, It'd allow us who dislike it to remove it and the people who like it to keep it.

I wouldnt mind it eaither, even if it was a per frame payment. But the problem is that we dont know if the will ever adress this issue - one DE member already looked at this and it even made it into patchnotes - but the change didnt apply or they didnt do anything at all to change it. This issue is still waiting to be adressed.

yet another tennogen update with no changes to allow visibility of prime parts for frames like nova prime, and still no word on the "fix" they did that changed nothing

at this point I feel like DE has just forgotten completely about that.

Edited by Flatflyer

I'm still surprised, with the addition to TennoGen skins today, that we still have the prime parts of primed Warframes overlapping skins that were meant to not have them. I'm not sure how this could've still got unnoticed. My suggestion would be to let us toggle the prime bits to display on or off when we use a skin. Having the prime bits overlap the skin looks so inconsistent and makes Fashionframe frustrating!

(you can see prime bits on Nyx's upper legs and chest)

qVAi9.jpg

Check out this thread as another example: 

Please! This can't be left unnoticed. I can't enjoy what I payed for because of this!

4 hours ago, Flatflyer said:

yet another tennogen update with no changes to allow visibility of prime parts for frames like nova prime, and still no word on the "fix" they did that changed nothing

at this point I feel like DE has just forgotten completely about that.

Like everything else?  Sounds about right.

While I wouldn't want the prime additions outright removed from tennogen skins without my consent, but turning them into a "prime" slot under attachments and it's all or nothing (no picking X prime bling but leaving Y prime bling) would accomplish a great deal for both parties.  But then, they won't exactly let us use the base models as skins for prime weapons either, because where's the money in that?

Edited by Littleman88

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

Like everything else?  Sounds about right.

While I wouldn't want the prime additions outright removed from tennogen skins without my consent, but turning them into a "prime" slot under attachments and it's all or nothing (no picking X prime bling but leaving Y prime bling) would accomplish a great deal for both parties.  But then, they won't exactly let us use the base models as skins for prime weapons either, because where's the money in that?

yeah, Ideally DE would go and make it a skin option for most prime frames, they could even make it cost plat to buy and people probably wouldn't complain.

Edited by Flatflyer

I'll let the images speak by themselves. I think this is pretty ugly.

Nyx Prime + Nyx Athena skin

Spoiler

ekl3Tjz.jpg

Regualr Nyx + Athena skin

Spoiler

MZZJLS2.jpg

You see the difference? These prime bits on Nyx prime ruin this awesome skin. They are basically hiding parts of a skin that costs 7.79$. And Nyx is not the only one. Look at Nova prime and tennogen skins. Basically any primed frames with fan made skins.

I was going to buy it... but since i'm pretty much forced to play regular Nyx over the prime to enjoy that skin, i'll let it pass. (Skins, skins everywhere) 

Edited by theclinton
clarified title

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I remember this was brought up when people were upset with how Nova Prime's additions affected Hitsu-san's skin.

I can't recall their exact answer, but it didn't sound as though there were any plans to address it.

How hard could it be? All the files are in game, they would just have to add an option to override the prime geometry.

DE's done tougher than this more quickly. Don't see why they can't give us options (mah fashion frame!)

Granted, it appears that the artist for the Athena skin was kind enough to make it somewhat blend with nyx prime. Still needs that option so it looks as intended, though

15 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I don't see what you're talking about.

The Nyx Prime model has extra bits that aren't removed when the tennogen skin is equipped, since the tennogen skin is basically just a texture replacement (as opposed to a full model replacement, which is Deluxe Skin territory). Because of this, Nyx Prime with the Athena skin looks different from Nyx Not-Prime with the Athena skin.

Same goes for the models of other Prime frames, like Rhino and Loki and such.

As Melos-mevim said, it would be bloody fantastic to have an option to revert Prime models to their non-Prime appearances (i.e. no pea-pod legs on Loki Prime, no windup toy attachment and gigantic shoulder pads on Rhino Prime, etc) without requiring a model-replacing skin.

Edited by SortaRandom

2 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

How hard could it be? All the files are in game, they would just have to add an option to override the prime geometry.

DE's done tougher than this more quickly. Don't see why they can't give us options (mah fashion frame!)

Granted, it appears that the artist for the Athena skin was kind enough to make it somewhat blend with nyx prime. Still needs that option so it looks as intended, though

Probably not that hard.

However, this is nothing new - it's literally been this way since Immortal skins were first introduced into the game, and it's remained consistent on all skins that are just texture swaps.

I know some people enjoy the way Prime Warframes look with Immortal skins. Applying the skins in this way *is* giving us more options. If you don't want the Prime bits, don't use the Prime Warframe; it's pretty simple.

5 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

It reminds me of Loki and Ember prime with PBR. They could do it.. and easily at that but they don't.

3 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Shouldn't this be in feedback?

I guess. I wasn't 100% sure so i just posted it in here.

11 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

If you don't want the Prime bits, don't use the Prime Warframe; it's pretty simple.

Or a simple toggle button could be added for a Warframe's Prime additions to make everyone happy (unless you're one of those people that doesn't like others being happy). There is absolutely no reason to keep a regular variant of a Warframe when the Prime is superior in stats and telling someone not to use it simply because of that comes off as somewhat patronizing.