The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Penta, Soma Prime, Telos Boltor, which to forma

DarthJundar

6 minutes ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

Tonkor would be better choice over the Penta, and Boltor Prime is still better than the Telos variant, so that leaves the Soma.

How is Boltor Prime better than Telos Boltor? It (Prime) has a little more damage than Telos, but Telos Boltor has the proc and also the increased mag size -- better sustained dps. It's a sidegrade not a downgrade. Boltor Prime is not demonstrably better than Telos Boltor. 

Also why would Tonkor be better than Secura Penta, because you personally prefer it? This isn't the thread to argue which launchers are the best, he didn't ask about Tonkor lol. 

Anyways I would personally probably forma the Secura Penta first, but they are all great weapons. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Already have tonkor formad

i like secura more cause of the radiation proc

telos is just as good. And I have prime formad. It's my most used weapon

thank you to everyone who's answering my question without bringing up other weapons that weren't in the question 

10 minutes ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

Tonkor would be better choice over the Penta, and Boltor Prime is still better than the Telos variant, so that leaves the Soma.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

How is Boltor Prime better than Telos Boltor? It (Prime) has a little more damage than Telos, but Telos Boltor has the proc and also the increased mag size -- better sustained dps. It's a sidegrade not a downgrade. Boltor Prime is not demonstrably better than Telos Boltor. 

Also why would Tonkor be better than Secura Penta, because you personally prefer it? This isn't the thread to argue which launchers are the best, he didn't ask about Tonkor lol. 

Anyways I would personally probably forma the Secura Penta first, but they are all great weapons. 

Please don't spread misinformation, thanks.

12 minutes ago, CDelacroix said:

Please don't spread misinformation, thanks.

Back up your post or retract. Don't tell me I am spreading misinformation unless you are willing to explain with the full math why Boltor Prime is incontrovertibly better than Telos Boltor. Include the syndicate proc into the equation as well, and also the sustained dps. I'll wait. 

Otherwise you should retract your post and apologize, because that's a really rude way to address someone. If you are going to accuse me of spreading misinformation, you had better be well prepared to back up such an accusation. And especially don't write "thanks" at the end of a post addressed to me, when it's obviously insincere. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Back up your post or retract. Don't tell me I am spreading misinformation unless you are willing to explain with the full math why Boltor Prime is concontrovertibly better than Telos Boltor. Include the syndicate proc into the equation as well, and also the sustained dps. I'll wait. 

Otherwise you should retract your post and apologize, because that's a really rude way to address someone. If you are going to accuse me of spreading misinformation, you had better be well prepared to back up such an accusation. 

Burden of proof is on the person making the outlandish claim, not the person calling them out on their outrageous claim. Especially when said outlandish claim has been disproven for nearly a year.

Furthermore, since you're so big on apologies, you can apologize for spreading your misinformation and wasting my time with this "no ur wrong!!11!! prove it!! omg!1" post of yours.

The Primary reason Boltor Prime is better than Telos is the accuracy difference: Boltor Prime 22.5 Vs. Telos Boltor 11.25 (After Heavy Cal).

You can land a lot more headshots with Boltor Prime at x2 damage than with Telos.

This is besides Prime's DPS: 19.1k Vs Telos' DPS: 18.2k and that Boltor Prime has higher status chance.

The proc damage cannot be reliably factored as it hits anywhere between 0 and X targets. The healing is helpful but not always needed.

30 minutes ago, CDelacroix said:

Burden of proof is on the person making the outlandish claim, not the person calling them out on their outrageous claim. Especially when said outlandish claim has been disproven for nearly a year.

Furthermore, since you're so big on apologies, you can apologize for spreading your misinformation and wasting my time with this "no ur wrong!!11!! prove it!! omg!1" post of yours.

Actually this has never been "settled" the way you claim (or "disproven", lol), so it's actually your outlandish claim that needs to be verified not mine. Many experienced players have come to the conclusion that it's not a "downgrade" as you say, and no the community has never come to the conclusion in any demonstrable way that the Boltor Prime is simply a "better gun" overall. The problem is that things like syndicate procs are too nebulous, and the advantage of more sustained dps is hard to calculate. If it were so easily proveable that you are right, you would be able to prove it. Instead you just state that you don't have too. Unless you can back up your statement with math, it's no more valid than mine. 

Sure, you can claim all you want about me not proving anything EITHER, but you are acting so high and mighty and sure, but you won't give the math and explain how even with the syndicate proc and bigger mag, that it is simply not as good as Boltor Prime overall. You should be able to explain yourself. I actually did give some reasoning, although I didn't give the numbers, as to why they are sidegrades. 

Your evidence is simply that "you are right and it's settled". LOL. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

29 minutes ago, evilfluffy said:

Tenno Tenno no arguing is needed for there is only one true answer... Sancti Tigris the only weapon deserving of ops Forma.

Though of weapons given I would go penta, but that's because Boltor in any form never pleased me (personal reason).

I have that shotgun formad too

please no arguing 

Secura Penta because it's a lot of fun to use. It does a large amount of damage, the extra control to set it off whenever you want, and it looks pretty neat with the explosion fx graphical update recently.

As for comparing it to Tonkor, well I use both depending on the mission. If I need that extra damage because I know I won't be able to kill them with Secura Penta, I'd use Tonkor. Otherwise, Secura Penta for everything else simply because you don't need to reload as often and doesn't require precise aim like Tonkor.

Edited by SunsetChaos

I'd go with the Soma P

I have mine maxed out and it just feels really good. Ammo economy is its only real issue, and that can be pretty easily fixed. 

It just works on any frame. Penta and Boltor are situationally better, but the Soma will always be great. 

2 hours ago, CDelacroix said:

Jesus Christ, you are petulant. If you want to act that way, fine, I'll play by your rules. By using the warframe builder website, I made identical builds for each weapon. Serration, split chamber, heavy caliber, 3 elementals, piercing caliber, and vile acceleration. The telos boltor had a sustained DPS of 23,817. The boltor prime had a sustained DPS of 23500. Telos boltor does indeed have a slightly higher sustained DPS than the prime when using rate of fire mods. The prime has a burst DPS of 41350, while the telos has a burst DPS of 35080. The prime has 18% higher burst DPS than the telos boltor. The difference may or may not be made up by the syndicate proc, so it's up to personal preference.