The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Figure I'm A Bug Abuser!

scavenge

Look guys I know there are 1000 topics on this already but I am ONE of the MANY people that used the slide exploit. But before you rage at me or ban me for being honest I did not even know it was an unwanted exploit, infact it felt like I had mastered being a freaking ninja in this game using lots of skillfull and fast button mashing.

Didn't script any move, nothing, just abused the exploit to the max, yet at the time it wasn't even considered an exploit.

The actual exploit was to have toggle crouch in reach of your fingers, thusly allowing you to quickly go into slide and while you were yet sliding back to run then instant slide again. It was ultra fast, it was pure ninja.

But then DE decided people like me are evil, thus we got owned.

Did it look silly? Sure it did, but the eversame environments are everMORE damaging to the gaming experience, especially at snails speeds.

Did I abuse it before to rush and leave all others behind? No, I used it to get to every single crate and open it and mark ultra rare ressources.

FFS DE, you really ruined it for me and many others.

Rushing was never a bigger problem in the europe area aswell and I can understand why. People are making a statement.

So to those who have experienced the feeling I had (which is likely thousands of players) the game will never ever feel the same (or even as good or as much ninja style) anymore.

It was THE way to get around quick, it was THE way to open each "crate", it was THE way to get back to left behind teammates quickly and heal them if they had fallen in battle, it was THE way to get that mod marked somewhere in the other corner of the room.

IT WAS THE WAY TO PLAY EFFICIENTLY, NOT ONLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT BUT FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE WHOLE TEAM!

Last but not least: It was WHY this game was uber special. I've been loving and playing shooters since Duke 3D, most of them are boring and stale to me after so many years of shooters, then there came Warframe and now it's just every other shooter but in a space environment with lots of kewl effects.

The ninja feelings gone, heck, you could call the age old Unreal Tournament 2003 more of a polished ninja shooter as it had perfected walljumping unlike snailframe.

Edited by scavenge

Did DE ever actually say outright that it was an exploit? I thought calling it an exploit was just something the forumites who didn't like it came up with to make it sound bad.

Apart of the threads title, does it really matter?

What matters is that I have more and PERFECTED maneuverability (skill button bashing oriented gameplay) in UT 2003 (yes, 2003!) than in snailframe 8.1.0.

The ninja feeling is gone, don't call Tenno ninjas anymore, you're being silly.

It was an unintended glitch that got fixed. Get over it already... the game can be played with fun without using it.

Look:

- I can and will get over it.

- I wont ragequit over this.

- I will never enjoy the game as much again.

- I will hardly EVER do anything but def mission anymore.

- In the end I will likely just login daily and then completely lose interest

Does that matter? Ofc not, DE already got paid by me, I'm just saying, your special shooter just got so much less special, heck it became even more of an eversame boring chore at the pace of a snail. Fail.

Until such time that they revert it, I'd suggest getting use to using sprint toggle which gives you back all that old movement functionality. I adjusted to using  it right away, and am just as, or maybe more, mobile than before.

Don't get me wrong though, just because I want to keep sprint toggle doesn't mean I wouldn't love for them to bring it back the way it was.

Until such time that they revert it, I'd suggest getting use to using sprint toggle which gives you back all that old movement functionality. I adjusted to using  it right away, and am just as, or maybe more, mobile than before.

Don't get me wrong though, just because I want to keep sprint toggle doesn't mean I wouldn't love for them to bring it back the way it was.

I was in an arguement over the constant slide vs. melee attack slide on the steam forums with a guy. What I'm implying is, the guy wanted to tell me that melee slide still worked and he truly believed it had always been the fastest way around.

I'm saying that if you haven't exactly done my way of moving you WILL NEVER know what kind of great mobility has just left this building. It's truly what made the game for me. It's truly what gave me that ninja feeling, fast, agile, great handling, reacting to every input, going to where you want it to go.

Nothing that is left in this games movement WILL EVER come close to the mobility and efficiency this little slightly silly looking "exploit" offered. Heck if it was just allowed for soloers only I'd solo all day using it.

just throw on a rush mod and quit *@##$ing.

Having every move/stamina mod maxed wouldn't replace what the "exploit" offered, but you would've had to experience it to know.

Warframe will forever just be SPACE COD in my book at this rate.

Then throw in player trading and you have people leeching daily rewards on 100 accounts, then next you throw in PS4 players with auto aiming help because gamepads in shooters are slightly brainfree and you have yourself a great casual shooter but nothing special at all.

Edited by scavenge

wow

rage/qq/cry moar OP

srsly

they fixed a bug, get over yourself

+1 DE, -9999 OP

Look for all I care make it +100000000000 DE - 99999999999999999.9 OP.

I'm just saying if you really want people to slowly progress through the same 5 rooms 100000000 times and believe it's going to be successfull for a long time, you may be in for a surprise.

Also... if you call the Tenno space ninjas you should consider not damaging their maneuverability, no matter what form suits the individual Tenno. If it's there it should be usable AND STAY because it has somewhat established itself.

But again. +9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 for DE FOR ALL I CARE, games aren't a rarity, playerbases do dwindle over time or stupid updates thou.

Edited by scavenge

I was in an arguement over the constant slide vs. melee attack slide on the steam forums with a guy. What I'm implying is, the guy wanted to tell me that melee slide still worked and he truly believed it had always been the fastest way around.

I'm saying that if you haven't exactly done my way of moving you WILL NEVER know what kind of great mobility has just left this building. It's truly what made the game for me. It's truly what gave me that ninja feeling, fast, agile, great handling, reacting to every input, going to where you want it to go.

Nothing that is left in this games movement WILL EVER come close to the mobility and efficiency this little slightly silly looking "exploit" offered. Heck if it was just allowed for soloers only I'd solo all day using it.

I just gotta ask, have you tried the spring toggle? I'm not kidding when I say it lets you slide-slash repeatedly and quickly just like before. It lets you slide/flip/kick/repeat across the map at cheetah speed just like before. It literally completely negates the removal of the slide/slash sprintlock, as well as the cooldown BS they added to slide/flipping.

As I said, I want them to change it back the way it was too, I'm just sayin it doesn't sound like you've tried the toggle sprint option to see if it bypasses the changes, which it does.

I just gotta ask, have you tried the spring toggle? I'm not kidding when I say it lets you slide-slash repeatedly and quickly just like before. It lets you slide/flip/kick/repeat across the map at cheetah speed just like before. It literally completely negates the removal of the slide/slash sprintlock, as well as the cooldown BS they added to slide/flipping.

As I said, I want them to change it back the way it was too, I'm just sayin it doesn't sound like you've tried the toggle sprint option to see if it bypasses the changes, which it does.

While I believe you there are still other methods there is literally 0.00000000 point to learning them as DE is on a crusade on maneuverablity to turn this into space snails or defence frame.

Also you can tell and show me whatever you want, overall nothing was/is as fast than the "exploit" because the other movements often make you overstep a line (wasting time, effort). They're just not accurate.

Edited by scavenge

While I believe you there are still other methods there is literally 0.00000000 point to learning them as DE is on a crusade on maneuverablity to turn this into space snails or defence frame.

Also you can tell and show me whatever you want, overall nothing was/is as fast than the "exploit" because the other movements often make you overstep a line (wasting time, effort). They're just not accurate.

Oh my god. I've never seen somebody $#*(@ so much at DE for fixing an EXPLOIT. you have gotta be a @(*()$ idiot to get upset about that. Honestly dude you sound like a fuckin four yearold.

Oh whine whine whine. stfu you shouldn't be allowed to make threads anymore if you're gunna complain about something that didn't even @(*()$ matter, you moved a LITTLE bit faster. Get a loki + Rush mod and you go just as fast.

Edited by Thingofmyth

FYI, I just got a Rhino suit and I keep getting left behind 3/4th of the time because people rush to the extraction zone using slash dash and what not.

Why the flying $*@* is the slide glitch considered illegal but the skill abuse not?

PURE LOGIC, right there, nailed it, gold star, 10/10.

FYI, I just got a Rhino suit and I keep getting left behind 3/4th of the time because people rush to the extraction zone using slash dash and what not.

Why the flying $*@* is the slide glitch considered illegal but the skill abuse not?

PURE LOGIC, right there, nailed it, gold star, 10/10.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. As rhino, with no speed or stamina mods, more that 75% of the time I am first to extraction. just sprint and slide and sprint and slide. not hard, not illegal

Oh my god. I've never seen somebody $#*(@ so much at DE for fixing an EXPLOIT. you have gotta be a @(*()$ idiot to get upset about that. Honestly dude you sound like a fuckin four yearold.

Oh whine whine whine. stfu you shouldn't be allowed to make threads anymore if you're gunna complain about something that didn't even @(*()$ matter, you moved a LITTLE bit faster. Get a loki + Rush mod and you go just as fast.

Get a loki, pff, give me a bag of sleeping pills?

Lock me, as I said +99999999999999999999999999 to DE, if you think I'm a child I'm already saying they won this interwebs battle. I'm also just stating how I see the issue. Clearly, in many posts here.

It's ok for DE not to listen to me, I won't kill them or myself or you for hating on me.

Do what thou wilt with Warframe, I'm just saying it's rather boring in my view now. But enjoy the same 5 rooms again and again... and again at half the poissible speeds of before. Or use a LOLki. I do not really mind. I've moved on from too many games (including mindnumbing and lifeleeching MMORPGS). Another shooter won't make a difference. I'm just saying this game had lots of potential and well it still does, just that you'll have jittery movement and will believe your maxed sprint mod makes you fast while stealing other mod abilities.

God, Never seen noobs rage so hard.

I'm pretty stone cold and calm here. I mean you can poop all over my feedback, it's not gonna really change the outcome of my life is it :P

As I said, I have nothing to gain here (except the cool game back).

I'm not the producer, programmer, nothing.

I just liked warframe pre movement nerf, I'll even still play after, just way less and way less "normal" missions.

Don't forget that the European area of Warframe is slightly deserted so I think it's not gonna get better, but please prove me wrong.

Now keep you personal attacks up, it's ok, I'm used to interweb peoples not respecting the more negative feedback. It's all cotton candy up in this.

Rather than argue about the slide being abusive, a glitch, etc.

What I'm understanding as the heart of this, is not, at all that these players or others want a silly looking glitchy method of moving around the map.  The solution, at the moment has removed a tool for moving quickly as one would expect in a game styled like this.  It would have been better to have implemented a properly usable and intended method to move more quickly, beyond some of those that exist.  Now if this is via methods of reducing ridiculous long hallways, or sometimes overly repetitive map tiles, then thats one way.  If the idea is that Tenno should be able to adeptly manuever quickly through areas/around the battle field then give us more methods to do so.

As it was, there were ways, and slowly they have been removed/reigned in, unfortunatly this is making quite a good deal of the game rather sluggish feeling.

I don't want to see this game turn into a slightly faster version of ME3, I don't think it is, but its current direction its moving that way as opposed to away from it.

Moving quickly, killing quickly as you traverse a map should be encouraged and rewarded, just like there are rewards for exploring every crate and locker.

I'm tired of hearing that being a "rusher" is bad.  What is bad, is that you are not participating in the game and simply running from point A to point B.  That might include rushing, but the rushing is not the bad part.  Many of us are capable of rushing through a level, and ironically killing faster and more than people who search every single crate.

Yet, I am labeled as bad because I was able to play more proficiently than you.  I am better than many, but there are others who are better than me, I wouldn't want them to be restricted due to me anymore than I want to be restricted due to you.  This is what I mean by this.

Due to this mentality, rather than fixing the sliding so that there was an actual mechanic that made sense didn't look ridiculous and upheld fast gameplay we have a player developed method, removed.  If this is the fundamental direction of the game, that current speeds are as good as it gets, and anything that allows players to move faster will be fixed as it was an unintended glitch that they could move that fast.  Then I am dissapointed.  Just like I'm dissapointed when I see at the end of a match that player_asdf did 0% damage, got 0 kills, and was neck and neck with me the whole time but did nothing to contribute toward a speedy victory other than moving their character from one point to another.

Edited by Enot83

Rather than argue about the slide being abusive, a glitch, etc.

What I'm understanding as the heart of this, is not, at all that these players or others want a silly looking glitchy method of moving around the map.  The solution, at the moment has removed a tool for moving quickly as one would expect in a game styled like this.  It would have been better to have implemented a properly usable and intended method to move more quickly, beyond some of those that exist.  Now if this is via methods of reducing ridiculous long hallways, or sometimes overly repetitive map tiles, then thats one way.  If the idea is that Tenno should be able to adeptly manuever quickly through areas/around the battle field then give us more methods to do so.

As it was, there were ways, and slowly they have been removed/reigned in, unfortunatly this is making quite a good deal of the game rather sluggish feeling.

I don't want to see this game turn into a slightly faster version of ME3, I don't think it is, but its current direction its moving that way as opposed to away from it.

Moving quickly, killing quickly as you traverse a map should be encouraged and rewarded, just like there are rewards for exploring every crate and locker.

I'm tired of hearing that being a "rusher" is bad.  What is bad, is that you are not participating in the game and simply running from point A to point B.  That might include rushing, but the rushing is not the bad part.  Many of us are capable of rushing through a level, and ironically killing faster and more than people who search every single crate.

Yet, I am labeled as bad because I was able to play more proficiently than you.  I am better than many, but there are others who are better than me, I wouldn't want them to be restricted due to me anymore than I want to be restricted due to you.  This is what I mean by this.

Due to this mentality, rather than fixing the sliding so that there was an actual mechanic that made sense didn't look ridiculous and upheld fast gameplay we have a player developed method, removed.  If this is the fundamental direction of the game, that current speeds are as good as it gets, and anything that allows players to move faster will be fixed as it was an unintended glitch that they could move that fast.  Then I am dissapointed.  Just like I'm dissapointed when I see at the end of a match that player_asdf did 0% damage, got 0 kills, and was neck and neck with me the whole time but did nothing to contribute toward a speedy victory other than moving their character from one point to another.

I can't tell you if you are actually of the "bad kind" of rusher, but the bad kind is usually known for just running to the objective and then to the exit and leaving the rest of the team behind.

But back on topic:

If you want movement to be faster then it would be more appropriate to ask for a general increase in running speed rather than asking for a glitch to be restored.

I quite appreciate DE not letting their game evolve into an exploitable glitch mess.

I can't tell you if you are actually of the "bad kind" of rusher, but the bad kind is usually known for just running to the objective and then to the exit and leaving the rest of the team behind.

But back on topic:

If you want movement to be faster then it would be more appropriate to ask for a general increase in running speed rather than asking for a glitch to be restored.

I quite appreciate DE not letting their game evolve into an exploitable glitch mess.

My point was more or less, we do not want glitchs or bugs that allow for movement speed, but we want to be able to move that quickly, and to do so in a proper manner, like you suggest being one way, or increasing slide speed, or other aspects.  To simply remove it rather than properly replace it, is unfortunate.

Edited by Enot83