The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easter Ears

SSI_CosmicKitten

Why are we forced to buy them again, why make users (and new players) waste 5,000 credits on them if they already bought the head gear past easter. 

Also, now that it's 5,000 for them, why not to keep them (They look absolutely cute!) and please don't come with "It's a limited edition item", then let's remove Day of the Deaths stuff and St Patrick's stuff, wouldn't that also be correct?

DE plox, let us keep them u_u

Edited by SpaceJinja

I guess 5000 credits is a lot for some, but anyone who wants these ears can get the credits without much hassle. It's not unreasonable, but I agree that you should keep them, if not be able to use them.

The reason you don't get to keep them, is because people like me will get extremely annoyed if people were to use them all year round. It rips me out of whatever semblance of immersion I have. Also it makes them special to have and see, when it's for a limited time.

The other things are toned down, they are nowhere near as silly or glaring (that I've noticed).

I'm not unsympathetic to your wish, I'm just explaining the reasons :)

3 minutes ago, SpaceJinja said:

Why are we forced to buy them again, why make users (and new players) waste 5,000 credits on them if they already bought the head gear past easter. 

Also, now that it's 5,000 for them, why not to keep them (They look absolutely cute!) and please don't come with "It's a limited edition item", then let's remove Day of the Deaths stuff and St Patrick's stuff, wouldn't that also be correct?

DE plox, let us keep them u_u

well the thing is that the day of the dead stuff was bought with platinum so if those weren't permanent a large amount of people (including me) would be upset that they lost their platinum on a temporary item. as for anything that costs credits it is not that difficult to go into one or two missions and gather up 5000 credits even without a booster (most missions will provide a large sum of credits, specifically alerts) which would justify having to buy them again, i mean after all it is just a temporary novelty item that has no impact on the game.

Edited by lightdragon64

1 hour ago, Smilomaniac said:

I guess 5000 credits is a lot for some, but anyone who wants these ears can get the credits without much hassle. It's not unreasonable, but I agree that you should keep them, if not be able to use them.

The reason you don't get to keep them, is because people like me will get extremely annoyed if people were to use them all year round. It rips me out of whatever semblance of immersion I have. Also it makes them special to have and see, when it's for a limited time.

The other things are toned down, they are nowhere near as silly or glaring (that I've noticed).

That's fine and all, but I have plenty of ways to ruin your immersion already. Bunny ears are the least of your worries friend.

Check back soon and I'll show you what I mean

Edited by Triburos

Ladies and gentlemen, I understand some of you are worried about 'yuh immursun'.

Those damn pesky ears are the bane of your space ninja game after all. Right?

Well, not quite. See, it's really really easy to break said immursun.

Everyone, I would like to present to you my Rhino and his puppy:

dd52c6d9b8.png

Of course, there are plenty of things to point out!

-A beautiful tie-dye blend blesses said Rhino.

-Don't forget his stunning flamboyant, sassy pose! But hey; you do you. This might be your canon after all!

-An absolutely delicious candy cane on his back! It sprinkles snowflakes! And no; it wasn't taken away from Christmas ;)

-And of course, my space dog named Lord Fluffybuns. Truly a name you'd see on any canon-ly accurate Kubrow.

-Don't you love how his hat matches wonderfully with his master? I certainly do.

-And that little nose! And nope; that wasn't taken either. Red nose forever!

-And lastly just because I could; that is indeed a tree hanging upside down from that roof there. But hey; it's a ninja tree. So F*** it.

So folks, what's the lesson today?

Your immersion is already dead and has been dead for a long, long time.

17 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Is 5k credits really that much to complain about? Literally any mission can yield that amount of credits.

It's not about me, i have 2mil credits and it's no hassle for me, but for new players it gets hard to waste 5000 on temporary items that can be kept hidden from the inventory view instead of having to buy them every time.

17 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

If you're annoyed but just bunny ears then we all should get annoyed by other stuff, in this case i could tell you Limbo as an example, i agree with @Triburos about being the least of your worries. I'm just asking for some freedom on the game (We already have that but a bit more would be great), tons of players have already missed their chance to get awesome sigils (Like the Rift one, cool as heck) and other time limited items, why not give them something so they can have a laugh from times to times?

This is my opinion, i do respect your opinion though! :)

16 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

well the thing is that the day of the dead stuff was bought with platinum so if those weren't permanent a large amount of people (including me) would be upset that they lost their platinum on a temporary item. as for anything that costs credits it is not that difficult to go into one or two missions and gather up 5000 credits even without a booster (most missions will provide a large sum of credits, specifically alerts) which would justify having to buy them again, i mean after all it is just a temporary novelty item that has no impact on the game.

I wasn't aware of the Day of the Death Plantinum stuff and like i said above, it's not much of a hassle for me but for new players who struggle to get credits when they are completely lost in the game :)

1 minute ago, SpaceJinja said:

It's not about me, i have 2mil credits and it's no hassle for me, but for new players it gets hard to waste 5000 on temporary items that can be kept hidden from the inventory view instead of having to buy them every time.

Well, new players don't HAVE to spend 5k credits on a temporary cosmetic if they don't want to. And I highly doubt new players stay new for an entire year.

14 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the ears are only optional, you can always just wear the new colours to celebrate Easter, and those are only a single Credit. nobody is forcing anyone to buy them.

don't complain about free stuff, it's just unnecessary.

I don't complain about having to buy them, i complain about having to re-buy them when i have already bought them long time ago. It's unnecessary.

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

I get your point, but there's no reason to add Bugs Bunny ears to the list ;)

There's no reason to have candy canes either, at least that's what you're saying.

Just now, SpaceJinja said:

There's no reason to have candy canes either, at least that's what you're saying.

Yep, should be limited to December - in my opinion.

But what my point was there, is that just because things are already bad (from my perspective) it doesn't mean making it worse is acceptable.

8 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

I get your point, but there's no reason to add Bugs Bunny ears to the list ;)

Sure, but there's also no reason not to.

See where I'm going with this? If we're going to be @(*()$ with immersion and lore anyway, there's absolutely zero valid arguments against including anything else from breaking it. If I can shove a giant candy cane up the Stalker's &#! while looking like a clown, something tells me that that's no more silly than having helicopter rabbit ears on your head.

I can get the idea of "let's not make it worse", but the problem is that we're FAR past the point of no return, and honestly judging by the majority of comments here, you're kinda in the minority.

WF isn't a game you play for immersion anyway. MMOs in general are hard to be immersed in due to other players and how they interact with the world. The best you can get is typically something like RP guilds so you can sit in your own corner and try your best to ignore anyone else that doesn't want to play along.

Edited by Triburos

5 minutes ago, Triburos said:

Sure, but there's also no reason not to.

See where I'm going with this? If we're going to be @(*()$ with immersion and lore anyway, there's absolutely zero valid arguments against including anything else from breaking it. If I can shove a giant candy cane up the Stalker's &#! while looking like a clown, something tells me that that's no more silly than having helicopter rabbit ears on your head.

I can get the idea of "let's not make it worse", but the problem is that we're FAR past the point of no return, and honestly judging by the majority of comments here, you're kinda in the minority.

WF isn't a game you play for immersion anyway. MMOs in general are hard to be immersed in due to other players and how they interact with the world. The best you can get is typically something like RP guilds so you can sit in your own corner and try your best to ignore anyone else that doesn't want to play along.

You don't need to hardcore rp to have immersion, and no its not at the point of no return. Your example loadout is just that, a purpose built example. Hardly anyone you actually run into will actually be using all that stuff. Bunny ears on the other hand would probably be much more popular with a certain type of player, and outside of this holiday season would just be an instant double facepalm for a different type of player. The other decorations could easily be removed and refunded, but you don't even run into them often. DotD skins on the other hand are not intrusive at all so they are fine. Gag skins and auxiliaries like candy cane scythe, ears, mustaches, and jackalanterns are for the most part limited as they should be. 

1 hour ago, Vaxillian said:

Woah woah woah, wait. Since when are you forced to buy them?

Since the day they only were 1 credit, then they got removed and the credit range increased (This time).

That's forcing me to RE-BUY something i already purchased to enjoy easter with a bit of laughter. 

On the same week that DE gives you an amazing weapon (with a slot and a potato) for free people are complaining that they have the option spend 5000 credits* to get a useless accessory.

Oh Warframe community, never change.

*Which you can get in perhaps 5 minutes if, somehow, you don't have 5000 credits going spare.

Edited by Littlerift

3 hours ago, SpaceJinja said:

Since the day they only were 1 credit, then they got removed and the credit range increased (This time).

That's forcing me to RE-BUY something i already purchased to enjoy easter with a bit of laughter. 

That's not forcing you to do anything, the fact that you're buying it again is your own choice.