n00bs & levelers without equipment

kazenioware

You (almost) can not level with randoms.

Two major plagues killing some missions here.

First are noobs who got dragged once to outer system missions like draco, people with NO masterrank, NO gear and NO skill and then join your squad.

Second are people who should now better than go vanilla with unranked, low ranked or useless gear and leave one or two weapon slots empty to max the xp and let the others do the killing.

They bring NOTHING to contribute to a mission. Not one decent weapon or frame.

Can't say this is much fun at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Akanto said:

OK, now offer solutions to get rid of the problem, and contribute more then nothing to the forums here.

First: why, it is not my job, it's DEs. This was meant as a complaint.

Second the solutions are quite easy, as most of us can imagine: Conclave rating requirements, mastery rank requirements, minimum gear level point requirements and / or some more sophisticated ways like reputation or voting, ...

I am aware there is some sort of matchmaking, but at this point it sucks.

Maybe there are other ways, but for that see my first point.

btw: i almost always "contribute".

I have noticed many new players now roaming around which I think is great since hey more players. I asked my friend if he deals with a lot of new players (because he is rank 18 now) and yeah for him he has dealt with many new players.

I can see how some new players can be annoying. I was on a rescue mission lvl 30-40 type area and I got stuck with a group of pretty new players and we lost quite easily. They clicked the mission only because it was an alert with a descent reward without reading the details of the mission.

Maybe we need a mandatory conclave requirement. I noticed there is a conclave rating on each piece of my gear that is based on I think the mastery of the gear and the mods placed on it. So maybe be need missions to have a minimum mandatory requirement for a total conclave number. If you do not meet the number it requires then you do not gain entry. Even if another player takes you there in a party, All members of the party must have the conclave requirement for that mission.

We do not need a max conclave requirement just a minimum so new players do not step in these mission by accident or on purpose if the intention was to leach.

23 minutes ago, residente said:

Maybe because you made a thread in Home > Feedback > Feedback Categories > General 

and under which of the possible topcs should it go.

Complaints are feedback. Sorta.

It concerns none of the other offered topics in "feedback", like UI, console, animation, weapons,...

Maybe under missions, but i think they meant the layout and design of a mission.

I meant the gameplay.

And you have to consider that: it goes both ways.

Not only noobs can join my game, i can join theirs, e.g. some MR0 fight Vor the very first time i could join as random for some other reason speed ahead cuz i am overgeared, kill vor, head for exit, done in one minute or less, and they don't even now what's going on.

Where is the fun in that.

(I remember my first fight with Vor. It was hard to kill him with an ex and mk1braton. And also fun.)

30 minutes ago, unheimlich said:

Maybe we need a mandatory conclave requirement. I noticed there is a conclave rating on each piece of my gear that is based on I think the mastery of the gear and the mods placed on it. So maybe be need missions to have a minimum mandatory requirement for a total conclave number.

I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with this.  Conclave numbers are beyond useless and serve no purpose whatsoever in determining if something is well modded or not.

For example:
Steel Fiber is useless on the vast majority of frames, yet it has a conclave rating of 40.
Primed Flow is far more useful on a lot more frame, yet it has a conclave rating of 20.
Redirection is fairly useful on most frames and has a conclave rating of 40.
Vitality which is just as important has a conclave rating of 10.

That means an Inaros would have a higher conclave rating from equipping a Redirection (a completely useless mod for him) than a Vitality.

Restricting a mission based on Conclave rating would be pointless and would lead to absolutely horrible builds to meet that conclave number.

Even if you just want to consider weapon mods and not frame mods you have instances such as Firestorm, which is important for all of the launchers, having a conclave score of 10.
Meanwhile Terminal Velocity has a conclave rating of 30, even though I haven't seen anyone use that mod.
Or take Primed Fast Hands, not that useful in most guns and it has a conclave rating of 20.  Meanwhile Point Strike and Vital Sense only have a conclave rating of 10 each.

The simple fact of the matter is that conclave rating is a useless number that in no way shows how good a mod is.
I could make a 1300+ conclave build that wont get me to 20 minutes in a T4S mission, or I can create a 700 conclave build that will get me to an hour easily.

We should never base things off of conclave rating.

22 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with this. 

We should never base things off of conclave rating.

That was meant as a suggestion. Brainstorming, sort of seed for rework if you will. CC rating would be one of the easiest hurdles to implement.

All agreed, Conclave rating doesn't mean that you really know what you are doing :|=). As you can see it sometimes in warframebuilder in some of the builds^^. But it greatly improves the odds for me to join a mission with randoms those who mean serious business.

Why i am writing this?

I played several missions today, which none of them panned out as they should because of what i described in my post above. Usually i would lay it on bad luck. But it wasn't the first time that happened, sadly not by far.

A better solution as opposed to conclave of course is the final stats of the warframe and weapon instead of the individual cards. I honestly have no issue if new players join me, personally I can carry most maps solo to completion - the map I Have difficulty trying to carrry with new players tends to be interception and archwing defense - where you defend 2 shuttles.. 

I only have an issue when I am going to be grinding a single map for a long time. In that case I generally hand pick who I play with. 

6 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

I honestly have no issue if new players join me, personally I can carry most maps solo to completion

If you have the right frame and / or weapon with you, yes, agreed.

7 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

I only have an issue when I am going to be grinding a single map for a long time. In that case I generally hand pick who I play with. 

Also, yes. Also many of us avoid randoms by now like being the plague. But if no one you know is on (and with your priorities), you hope for the best (which didn't set in today).

Lets not add crappy restrictions to this game.

One of the reasons I'm still here today was because I made a few friends and they dragged me to insane missions right off the bat.

We all know the grind wall of being a new player in this game can be disheartening to many. Lets be supportive here.

I always build my loadouts so that if I need to carry I can. I'm more than happy to help new people.

Just remember, you were once a noob too.

As for the vanilla nudists, well... Think of them as trolls instead of a tenno?

Get good and carry Kazenioware.

i like seeing new players and yes i know your probably good at the game but star chart is getting a rework and they are working on fixing new player experience this might not even be an issue for much longer.  

3 hours ago, kazenioware said:

First: why, it is not my job, it's DEs. This was meant as a complaint.

Second the solutions are quite easy, as most of us can imagine: Conclave rating requirements, mastery rank requirements, minimum gear level point requirements and / or some more sophisticated ways like reputation or voting, ...

I am aware there is some sort of matchmaking, but at this point it sucks.

Maybe there are other ways, but for that see my first point.

btw: i almost always "contribute".

If you don't want to offer solutions to the problem, then leave. If you don't want to take time to think of a possible solution, then don't complain about the problem. 

Perhaps starchart 3.0 will limit taxi service. You want to go to Draco? Fight your way there? This isn't a perfect system, but maybe it could help...

Relays could still be open for taxi, since they are not missions.

Just an idea.

Removing the Taxi system would only serve to discourage players, having ben one of those annoying newbs that got Taxi'd to the Void, I can honestly say that forcing them to play through the planets will discourage them.  I can get behind a revision that doesn't allow randoms to join in on a Taxi Team though.  I've jumped into a few PUG's that was a Taxi player and their Driver, set to Public so they could get 2 randoms.  Wasn't fun most of the time, having to carry at least half the team. 

Conclave, as it stands, is a terrible idea to base progression on.  Like has been pointed out, it doesn't do anything to show that a player is actually ready for the content they've signed up for.  I do like the suggestion of a conclave rating based off of the final stats though, as suggested by @xxswatelitexx

And to the people telling OP to leave for not providing a solution; knock it off.  Telling the devs that something is wrong and not providing a solution is a viable form of feedback.  Not desired, certainly, but still viable.  And it's also hypocritical; you're providing feedback on the quality of the OP's post but not doing anything to provide a solution to improve it (links to guides on providing feedback is just one I can think of) and are telling them to just leave.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9522894#post9522894

3 hours ago, EirwynTelyn said:

Just remember, you were once a noob too.

And? I didn't pester any randoms with my not existing gear or skills.

3 hours ago, Inugami8 said:

It's draco, what else did you expect to find in there?

it's not just draco, but the leading example to go with.

2 hours ago, (XB1)CitrusTheNile said:

It does get annoying when newbies ask to be taxi'ed everywhere. Unlock the planets yourself.

I did. Part of the fun.

2 hours ago, (XB1)CitrusTheNile said:

If it is anywhere else, just leave the squad. 

I have to. To often.

And even then often it doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, Heltone said:

... but star chart is getting a rework and they are working on fixing new player experience this might not even be an issue for much longer.  

Hope so. I really do.

6 hours ago, kazenioware said:

Second are people who should now better than go vanilla with unranked, low ranked or useless gear and leave one or two weapon slots empty to max the xp and let the others do the killing.

They bring NOTHING to contribute to a mission. Not one decent weapon or frame.

First of all check your grammar because the first sentence doesn't make sense in it's first half. Second of all: Taking only the weapon you want to level because you don't want to spend 4+ rounds of draco on leveling one weapon doesn't mean that the frame you bring is completely useless. It also doesn't mean that you are completely useless as you can still use your weapons to do damage with abilities such as antimatter drop.

And if you mean that someone goes in there with unranked everything, then I must ask you: Who even does that? I have never met such a person on draco or anywhere else.

55 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Removing the Taxi system would only serve to discourage players, having ben one of those annoying newbs that got Taxi'd to the Void, I can honestly say that forcing them to play through the planets will discourage them.   

Wait...what? Playing through the game discourages players from playing the game?

I completely disagree with you there. I loved playing the planets, and I received a lot of good mods and experience from it.

I agree with a compromise on taxi service, but I don't think new players would be discouraged from playing the game if they had to play through the starchart to progress mission levels.

Maybe i misinterpreted what you meant?

53 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

First of all check your grammar

Who are you, da gramma polis? Sue me.

55 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

And if you mean that someone goes in there with unranked everything, then I must ask you: Who even does that? I have never met such a person on draco or anywhere else.

Then you must play something different than the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Skycook3y said:

And if you mean that someone goes in there with unranked everything, then I must ask you: Who even does that? I have never met such a person on draco or anywhere else.

Spoiler

NsoHcqO.jpg

There you go. Also some people tend to go level their frames (which is acceptable) but tend to not include survivability mods such as vitality to be able to survive on draco. Thus leading to constant ground kissing.

Nevertheless, we should and will deal with it till starchart 3.0 is here.

1 hour ago, kazenioware said:

Who are you, da gramma polis? Sue me.

Then you must play something different than the rest of us.

Tbd416b_57334409_grammatik_macht_frei.jp

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

There you go. Also some people tend to go level their frames (which is acceptable) but tend to not include survivability mods such as vitality to be able to survive on draco. Thus leading to constant ground kissing.

Nevertheless, we should and will deal with it till starchart 3.0 is here.

Probably has something to do with region then because I have yet to see one of those. The only groundhuggers I see rather often are the low levels.

Archived