Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

·Oberon Improvement List

Navarc

On 8/26/2016 at 3:21 PM, chainchompguy3 said:

(Disclaimer: I am rather tired at the moment, and also kind of rushed, so this reply may not be as intellectually sound as my last one).

I don't quite understand what you're getting at here, so let me ask some questions.

You say "How to simplify the Paladin + Druid hybrid", yet the following portion of your post lists Druid as Long-Range DPS Casting, CC, and ...Beast-master Passive? I thought I covered that Druids were far more specialize-able than just those three things. And while yes, many druids have beast-master type passives, it is not an inherent trait of them, as many others shape-shift, and some simply have spiritual projections in place of actual animals.

And the changes you propose...I'm sorry, But I don't see how some of them will make him better fit his hybrid-ized role. After all, The biggest problem I see with his hybridized role is how to mod him: He already has healing, CC, Casting Damage, a small melee component (Knockdowns on 2 abilities, and ground finishers are a thing.), and some degree of tankiness.

But Try to mod him for, say, tanking. You throw on Durability mods, like vitality and steel fiber, but then what? If you go for Power strength, you increase the protections provided by Hallowed Ground, But you also buff his damage and healing of the other abilities. range increases his Hallowed ground's length of effect, but specifically modding for it with Over-extended makes it a lot less effective. Duration will buff how long his HG will stay around, but modding for that will destroy his range with Narrow minded.

His kit is already half-decent, but you can't do much with it, so far as specializing him, which is one of the core aspects to Paladins and Druids.

(Though, on a smaller note, "Weaken"/Puncture proc's seem rather ineffective for actual CC or tanking. His 1 applying it is already almost a waste....)

Okay, I wasn't trying to specialize Oberon according to what the wiki stated about Druids or Paladins, rather I was trying to categorize DE's vision of Oberon under those two archetypes. Simply to identify what aspects of each THEY choose to create the Druid/Paladin hybrid and build off of that.

I didn't include anything about shape-shifting  or animal specters, since it isn't part of his kit now and would only confuse his identity more to add it in, IMO. 

So, essentially i'm just building on what they already have. What they have if a frame that can do many things at once.

-----------------------let's look at what they have and the changes I suggest to fit his Hybrid role. 

For Tanking what he has available is Hallowed Ground's armor buff and Renewal. 

Basic modding includes Vitality and Steel Fiber. The limitation however is Duration - Renewal is stronger with low duration+high strength, while HG needs High duration+high strength. 

Simply changing Renewal to be better with high duration and remain active after health cap would boost his ability to tank. Increase the armor buff from hallowed ground and give renewal a slight damage reduction. 

This is basic, because as you said the his other powers will benefit from high strength as well...so now... 

Now, to go a step further. For Tanking + Melee DPS I suggest Hallowed Ground have a Melee based buff. For example while on Hallowed Ground Melee attacks have +x% radiation damage and +x% blocking/reflection while channeling and + crit multiplier while channeling affected by Strength mods. 

In theory, this lets you build for High Duration, Strength with Low Efficiency - Since melee channeling isn't affected by Warframe efficiency but melee channeling mods. 

Also in theory, a Higher Range and Lower Strength build could work with this because of the melee combo multiplier. (on condition that a small static damage reduction is added to renewal and the % blocked while channeling can make up for the reduced armor buff of HG) 

This lets you play as a Melee DPS Tank, while still having access to a powerful but costly 1 and 4. It would also let you mod to balance between play styles which is what a lot of people like about Oberon.

---------

That's just an example of where I'm going with this - Sorry if it it seems a bit jumbled, not 100% focused right now - you're right about modding him though, the only specialization I see him having now is Casting -

1. CC - Building for High Range and Efficiency with low strength

2. Damage - Building for High efficiency and High Strength

Both of which limit his ability to tank severely.

Adding the weaken effect to Reckoning would make up for this very slightly. It's a very subtle but effective proc

Mini-disclaimer, While I am mostly fine in regards to being conscious and not being rushed, I am currently typing at midnight, so I may be a bit sleep-deprived.

9 hours ago, BeardyKyle said:

Okay, I wasn't trying to specialize Oberon according to what the wiki stated about Druids or Paladins, rather I was trying to categorize DE's vision of Oberon under those two archetypes. Simply to identify what aspects of each THEY choose to create the Druid/Paladin hybrid and build off of that.

I didn't include anything about shape-shifting  or animal specters, since it isn't part of his kit now and would only confuse his identity more to add it in, IMO. 

So, essentially i'm just building on what they already have. What they have if a frame that can do many things at once.

Very well, you are discussing general changes rather than the "For specialization" that I mentioned. I did not know.

I had assumed, that, seeing as how your post (the one including your proposed changes) started off with quoting me (and my specialization changes), that you were trying to build off of them, or comment on them.

(However, as a small issue I have with your post, I'd like to assume you haven't actually found any information pertaining to how DE envisions Oberon, as the only canonical text we have of him [that I am aware of] describes him as ONLY a paladin. So to say that your changes are to better how DE envisions him, provided my assumptions are correct, would be rather...how would I put it...."off".)

Now, as for your post, it's building off of his (What I feel is forced) role as a Jack-of-all-trades, able to do many things, but none of them especially well. While I think such a role is better suited to frames such as Equinox, (From what I've heard, not from actual experience: Excalibur, Rhino,), and maybe even Volt, who seem to fit the role better, I do admit that it is a rather fitting description of his current state, and to build off of it would not be out of place.

For your proposed changes, with the above context in mind, your changes do add a bit more diversity to his kit, bettering his ability to perform multiple tasks. The only questions I have with them are:

• How do the changes affect Hallowed ground, in regards to it's most common point of contention: It's fixed, rather small, location/size?
  • In regards to making him more Jack-of-all-trades-y, would it be better or worse to add yet another set of affects to his abilities. His 4, for example, is terribly convoluted as is, and might be better off having it's effects transferred over to other powers.
  • Your renewal changes mention both Removing it's cap, and reversing it's already reversed means of being affected by duration. Care to elabortate? and perhaps, also mention how you see these changes affecting his semi-popular augment, Corny-name-Phoenix-revival.

I typed up the following explanation of my proposed modding process before I read the whole post, and was going to delete it when I realized it was unnecessary, but I figured it might be nice to Leave it available to other readers, mostly because I didn't want all the typing I put into it to go to waste. Apologies for the Knee-jerk-reaction. As you can probably tell from the rest of this post, I make assumptions quite frequently. (And yes, I know the saying, "To assume is to make an &#!- out of -u- and -me.")

Spoiler

As I was explaining in my last post (usingTanking as an example), is that while Yes, modding in such ways does Objectively make his kit as a whole better, it does not make it very specialized. Modding for High strength and Duration, for example, to get the most out of his Hallowed ground for tanking, would result in Higher damage and healing, as well as more burst-focused healing, negating the ability to rely upon his Renewal augment as tanking (at least, currently. For your changes, it would be reversed, and have higher duration mean longer, more drawn out heals). This is not the way I envision a Pala-druid-in, as one who is focusing on tanking shouldn't have need of increased damage, and increased...(Well, Duration really only affects his 2 and his 3, with miniscule effects on his 1 and 4.)...projectile duration....

I'd say it would be better if we could actually mod for them in particular.

for example, a rudimentary change list:

• Hallowed ground's boost to armor is determined by his own health/armor values.
  • Renewal heals based on Duration and his own health value, rather than Power strength.
  • Smite and Reckoning receive aspects to them that better enforce tanking and healing; the former increased by his E-HP, the later by his Duration. the increasing affects only those aspects of the powers, and not others.
  • Range buffs ability to knockdown large groups of enemies (as is), thus allowing for more CC.

etc.

Therefore resulting in clear modding lines: Range for CC, Health/Armor for tanking, Duration for healing, and Strength for damage.

If you, for example, wanted to mod for a CC-Healer hybrid, you could do so; mod for both Range and Duration.

8 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Mini-disclaimer, While I am mostly fine in regards to being conscious and not being rushed, I am currently typing at midnight, so I may be a bit sleep-deprived.

Very well, you are discussing general changes rather than the "For specialization" that I mentioned. I did not know.

I had assumed, that, seeing as how your post (the one including your proposed changes) started off with quoting me (and my specialization changes), that you were trying to build off of them, or comment on them.

(However, as a small issue I have with your post, I'd like to assume you haven't actually found any information pertaining to how DE envisions Oberon, as the only canonical text we have of him [that I am aware of] describes him as ONLY a paladin. So to say that your changes are to better how DE envisions him, provided my assumptions are correct, would be rather...how would I put it...."off".)

Now, as for your post, it's building off of his (What I feel is forced) role as a Jack-of-all-trades, able to do many things, but none of them especially well. While I think such a role is better suited to frames such as Equinox, (From what I've heard, not from actual experience: Excalibur, Rhino,), and maybe even Volt, who seem to fit the role better, I do admit that it is a rather fitting description of his current state, and to build off of it would not be out of place.

For your proposed changes, with the above context in mind, your changes do add a bit more diversity to his kit, bettering his ability to perform multiple tasks. The only questions I have with them are:

• How do the changes affect Hallowed ground, in regards to it's most common point of contention: It's fixed, rather small, location/size?
  • In regards to making him more Jack-of-all-trades-y, would it be better or worse to add yet another set of affects to his abilities. His 4, for example, is terribly convoluted as is, and might be better off having it's effects transferred over to other powers.
  • Your renewal changes mention both Removing it's cap, and reversing it's already reversed means of being affected by duration. Care to elabortate? and perhaps, also mention how you see these changes affecting his semi-popular augment, Corny-name-Phoenix-revival.

I typed up the following explanation of my proposed modding process before I read the whole post, and was going to delete it when I realized it was unnecessary, but I figured it might be nice to Leave it available to other readers, mostly because I didn't want all the typing I put into it to go to waste. Apologies for the Knee-jerk-reaction. As you can probably tell from the rest of this post, I make assumptions quite frequently. (And yes, I know the saying, "To assume is to make an &#!- out of -u- and -me.")

Hide contents

As I was explaining in my last post (usingTanking as an example), is that while Yes, modding in such ways does Objectively make his kit as a whole better, it does not make it very specialized. Modding for High strength and Duration, for example, to get the most out of his Hallowed ground for tanking, would result in Higher damage and healing, as well as more burst-focused healing, negating the ability to rely upon his Renewal augment as tanking (at least, currently. For your changes, it would be reversed, and have higher duration mean longer, more drawn out heals). This is not the way I envision a Pala-druid-in, as one who is focusing on tanking shouldn't have need of increased damage, and increased...(Well, Duration really only affects his 2 and his 3, with miniscule effects on his 1 and 4.)...projectile duration....

I'd say it would be better if we could actually mod for them in particular.

for example, a rudimentary change list:

• Hallowed ground's boost to armor is determined by his own health/armor values.
  • Renewal heals based on Duration and his own health value, rather than Power strength.
  • Smite and Reckoning receive aspects to them that better enforce tanking and healing; the former increased by his E-HP, the later by his Duration. the increasing affects only those aspects of the powers, and not others.
  • Range buffs ability to knockdown large groups of enemies (as is), thus allowing for more CC.

etc.

Therefore resulting in clear modding lines: Range for CC, Health/Armor for tanking, Duration for healing, and Strength for damage.

If you, for example, wanted to mod for a CC-Healer hybrid, you could do so; mod for both Range and Duration.

Okay, let's get a few things out the way first:

1. I believe it was around devstream 50 something that oberon was first introduced and the discussion clearly established him as a paladin-druid hybrid. Mostly because of his name lore and visuals being fairy related but It's definitely been a part of his concept from the start and not just since his deluxe skin came out.
  2. Rhino can do Tanking and CC, Excal and Volt can do Damage and CC. I'd hardly call either a jack of all trades though. Their kits are just good and useful in various situations.
  3. Going with the idea that Oberon is in fact a Hybrid of Hybrid classes, specializing him will not limit him to just one aspect. Instead we'll have two, much like the aforementioned frames. For example you can already mod him to be a CC-Healer with High Range-Efficiency and Moderate Strength. Modding for pure tanking however is almost impossible...and for me at least, doesn't suit him at all - since he is more of a pseudo-tank - But that's where the additional suggestions come in to bolster that. 

I will try to answer your questions about the changes but you cannot look at the abilities individually - you have to look at the changes as a whole because, for example, what I've suggested for Renewal will also make HG better:

• HG being fixed isn't a problem in my eyes, a lot of rework suggestions tend to overlook PvP entirely. It's extremely useful as a fixed trap in a tight area and the buff and damage is nigh-OP if you can't avoid it. As for PvE it can be re-casted and "linked" to cover large areas. With the proposed melee changes this makes its range even less of a problem since you'll mostly likely be in close range using it. The buff to armor used together with renewal will provide a fair amount of protection while in melee - plus Renewal augment.    
  • His 4 for me is the more difficult to suggest a rework for. It's an okay ability but doesn't quite seem like an Ultimate. It's usefulness at high levels is just for CC with the Confusion proc, the blind is irrelevant. The Confusion proc however does need to be done at a range to be effective since target can and will still target you/allies if you are close. It's health drops are also unnecessary. An interesting change to it could be instead of a health drop an armor reduction to enemies who survive the slam - or a unique orb drop that increases armor for a short period for oberon/allies.  
  • Renewal ends when your health is full, at which point you get a status heal and the ability ends - however, you still lose energy if teammates are under the effect while you are not. It's inverse duration means the lower your duration stat the faster the heal-over-time BUT the higher the duration means the more bleed-out timer is slowed. The inverse duration also hurts all his other abilities - like Reckoning's blind and specifically for this discussion, Hallowed Ground - which should be used in conjunction with Renewal for Tanking. His augment also requires renewal to be active to trigger - which means you have to avoid fully healing - Which is to say, make Renewal LESS effective with Lower strength, which again hurts his other abilities.
    • All of these issues would be fixed if Renewal's duration was Positive and the ability did not end at full health: The extended energy drain could be removed in place of a fixed duration affected by Mods. The augment would be more useful in that you wouldn't have to limit every aspect of his kit to use it effectively. Renewal in itself would be more effective as a continuous HoT limited by the Duration instead of being limiting by reaching full health. Which is essentially saying "the fact that renewal is good at healing, is the reason it's not so good at healing."

44 minutes ago, BeardyKyle said:

Okay, let's get a few things out the way first:

1. I believe it was around devstream 50 something that oberon was first introduced and the discussion clearly established him as a paladin-druid hybrid. Mostly because of his name lore and visuals being fairy related but It's definitely been a part of his concept from the start and not just since his deluxe skin came out.
  2. Rhino can do Tanking and CC, Excal and Volt can do Damage and CC. I'd hardly call either a jack of all trades though. Their kits are just good and useful in various situations.
  3. Going with the idea that Oberon is in fact a Hybrid of Hybrid classes, specializing him will not limit him to just one aspect. Instead we'll have two, much like the aforementioned frames. For example you can already mod him to be a CC-Healer with High Range-Efficiency and Moderate Strength. Modding for pure tanking however is almost impossible...and for me at least, doesn't suit him at all - since he is more of a pseudo-tank - But that's where the additional suggestions come in to bolster that. 

1. You seem to have mis-interpreted what I meant before. I am not arguing that he is supposed to be a Pure Paladin, or a Pure Druid, or anything other than the hybrid that he is. What I was saying was that your proposed changes are centered on the idea that he, as envisioned by DE, was meant to be jack of all trades. I was pointing out that the in-game codex lists him not as a jack-of-all-trades, but as a Damage/Support hybrid:

Quoting the wiki:

CODEX

Equally adept at healing friends or striking down the enemy, Oberon embodies the balance Tenno are sworn to uphold.

I know that this damage/support hybrid is not how he plays, you know it's not how he plays, but if we are going as to his intended role, this is all we have [as far as I'm aware] [checking out the dev-stream now, to skim it for any reference as to his intended playstyle].

2. I have no problem with what you say, but after a quick forum search for "Jack-of-all-trades", posts calling rhino a jack-of-all-trades were common, and ones calling Excalibur one appeared from time-to-time. So I'd argue that there are some dissenting opinions.

3. Yes, Oberon will always retain some traits of his full-kit when he is specialized, that much is obvious: Melee Paladins still retain their ability to heal, they are just less focused on it. Caster Druids would still have access to some of their defensive skills, and thus not be purely caster. But both do indeed focus on one, or yes, two, aspects to make their main playstyle. I was not suggesting to make him a pure tank, but rather to put tanking, Damage, healing, and CC all on the same table. Take one, or take all, Oberon as a hybrid of mostly specialized classes would have ready access to each of these 4 styles.

-------------------------------------------------------------

as for the questions, thank you for the clarification. Changes seem to be nothing but good for the current, Jack-of-all-trades style Oberon, and would better said role.

A small idea, we obviously increase Hallowed Ground stats overall to make it scale better.

There's the option to change armor to a flat value to better help squishy frames...or just give Damage Reduction to Hallowed Ground. We wouldn't want to go crazy as there's frames like Trinity and others that take advantage of it, so I'll just pick a safe number - 45, capped and it cannot scale with anything.

Allies that walk over it, then leave, keep the effect for the rest of the duration, thus giving free mobility to Oberon and his Allies, though many might say the flaw of this is you have to get to the carpet to get the buff, 

Change the shape to something else than a rectangle or increase the range of the width to better take advantage of the shape as the width is itself is small compare to the length.

Spoiler

This sounds too powerful as I am giving too much, but a tiny thought that Hallowed Ground can give a Quick Thinking effect, but of course, this won't be needed.

The augment Hallowed Eruption doesn't do an AoE blast, but instead, will release a radiation cloud like we see in Sorties Radiation Hazards conditions. This cloud will deal damage, whilst causing Radiation procs onto enemies. Allies that run through the clouds are cleansed of their status effects.

The way I put these ideas because of the way I played Oberon, I mostly treated the ability as Utility, not for high damage dealing as Smite and Reckoning may be for that. While Renewal is healing/support.

Edited by Conciliun

8 hours ago, Conciliun said:

A small idea, we obviously increase Hallowed Ground stats overall to make it scale better.

There's the option to change armor to a flat value to better help squishy frames...or just give Damage Reduction to Hallowed Ground. We wouldn't want to go crazy as there's frames like Trinity and others that take advantage of it, so I'll just pick a safe number - 45, capped and it cannot scale with anything.

Allies that walk over it, then leave, keep the effect for the rest of the duration, thus giving free mobility to Oberon and his Allies, though many might say the flaw of this is you have to get to the carpet to get the buff, 

Change the shape to something else than a rectangle or increase the range of the width to better take advantage of the shape as the width is itself is small compare to the length.

Reveal hidden contents

This sounds too powerful as I am giving too much, but a tiny thought that Hallowed Ground can give a Quick Thinking effect, but of course, this won't be needed.

The augment Hallowed Eruption doesn't do an AoE blast, but instead, will release a radiation cloud like we see in Sorties Radiation Hazards conditions. This cloud will deal damage, whilst causing Radiation procs onto enemies. Allies that run through the clouds are cleansed of their status effects.

The way I put these ideas because of the way I played Oberon, I mostly treated the ability as Utility, not for high damage dealing as Smite and Reckoning may be for that. While Renewal is healing/support.

Isn't this already in the list? Every single thing?

• Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Increased stats overall. At the moment you're forced to stack them over and over for them to be of use when they could just be stronger so it's visually more appealing & less laggy.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Circular instead of rectangular.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Running into Hallowed Ground grants armour but when leaving it or when Hallowed Ground is despawned the armour will begin to decay based on duration.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Static number instead of % on armour buff. +50/75/100/125 armour according to the ranks of the ability. Quantity changed by power strength. So that if you have 200% power strength it becomes +250 armour to allies within the hallowed ground. This change because the only ones who would be interested and need the armour buff Oberon can provide are warframes with low armour. If it's a 20% then the buff is always near-worthless in practice.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): The hallowed ground expands, the more duration you have the more time it has to expand. The haste of the expansion should be slow and cannot be changed, but Range will as always increase the starting range of it.

1 hour ago, Navarchus said:

Isn't this already in the list? Every single thing?

• Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Increased stats overall. At the moment you're forced to stack them over and over for them to be of use when they could just be stronger so it's visually more appealing & less laggy.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Circular instead of rectangular.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Running into Hallowed Ground grants armour but when leaving it or when Hallowed Ground is despawned the armour will begin to decay based on duration.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): Static number instead of % on armour buff. +50/75/100/125 armour according to the ranks of the ability. Quantity changed by power strength. So that if you have 200% power strength it becomes +250 armour to allies within the hallowed ground. This change because the only ones who would be interested and need the armour buff Oberon can provide are warframes with low armour. If it's a 20% then the buff is always near-worthless in practice.
  • Oberon Ability: Hallowed Ground (2): The hallowed ground expands, the more duration you have the more time it has to expand. The haste of the expansion should be slow and cannot be changed, but Range will as always increase the starting range of it.

I may have said some similar ideas.

The differences is, the option to give Damage Reduction instead of just giving armor, and allies will carry over all the buffs when going in and leaving.

And changes to how his Hallowed Eruption Augment is to work.

just had a weird idea while playing for hallowed ground and renewal.

first while renewal is active picking up health orbs will increase armor by 10% per orb for the duration of renewal.

hallowed ground scales off aura mods. For instance it gains the effect of whatever aura you have equipped, say you have corrosive projection, then while on hallowd ground enemies loose a further 30% armor.

though this would work better with some auras like energy siphon, rifle amp, steel charge, corrosive projection an not sure what happens with the other auras

EDIT: (Sorry for the wrong words of maybe bad words placement, i'm not english natal so, apologize ! )
I suggest something better, I've played this game for about 900h ingame and 1500 registred in steam, so I think I've any idea of this game.

Oberon smite:  Smite means crushing, not pinching glass. ( Or amors, or ferrite.)

Spoiler

This skill is an smite, smites are used to CRUSH, not to deal an insignificant amount of damage and useless effect, smite should do something like the ult but in a single target and if the target is killed('cause this thing deals an INSIGNIFICANT amount of damage), should apply an stun + radiation or armor reduction to enemies in area for 15s (remember oberon is a paladin like warframe, and he tanks NOTHING, he heals NOTHING, he just ults with 250% range and still useless.) scaling with Power range directly, but not the casting range, Or maybe some sort of debuff that stays in an enemy like, lower hp and armor by 12'5% with 100% power strengh so it can't be that powerfull, just no damage, just debuff and CC, and then if you kill it within the duration, it has a % of stunning + debuffing enemies arround it ( tinny area of course, like 1'5m with 100% Power range ). 

Oberon smite wont be casteable until the enemie has killed or until the skill has ended.

All about the mod is good, it's simply a damage buf, it's okay, useless but okay.  (Hehehe)

TLDNR; Instead of low dmg and nothing useful, tinny area stun when debuffed enemie killed ( no damage, just debuff).

Oberon Hallowed Ground: As I've did before, I like to take the names for their utility, and this is not a real hallowed ground.

-Directly from wikipedia:

Spoiler

To hallow is "to make holy or sacred, to sanctify or consecrate, to venerate".The adjective form hallowed, as used in The lords prayer, means holy, consecrated, sacred, or revered. The noun form hallow, as used in Hallowtide, is a synonym of the word saint.)

So, taking this as a base, should clear you debuffs (Fire, radiation, corrosive, magnetic, toxic, etc !!) and maybe give you a healing resource.

Oberon Hallowed Eruption: Could make 2 different things

Spoiler

The first could be another buff: Once you use Hallowed Ground again before it expires, it consumes the CC+Debuf immunity to give you % armor that can be consumed every hit you get, instead of decaying armor as i've readen, for example, this buff would not be that BROKEN against corpus, but would be pretty good against infested ( That's the logic part of HALLOWING ) and Grineer ( Our real enemies )... 

And the other thing that could do, is a Healing regen buff to enhance with his own skill "renewal", not a propper regen, just a health regen buff, for example, healing resources heals you for 25% more (100% power strengh ) ( I've in my mind that Oberon's  Renewal need's to be changed.). 

This will be casted for a limited times stacking up with strengh, 2 is the base, 6 should be the max with standard 299% power strengh. 

TLDNR; Easy peasy, read above the spoiler. ^ 

Renewal & poenix renewal: This is my first enragemen impressions, I know that comparing each frames ..

Oberon is pretty useless, why would you need a healing resource, that ... I'ts not instant, it can't heal that much, and it's not even efficient .. There i've the solution! ( For both skill and mod amplifier, cause 90 seconds cooldown is too S#¡tty bad. )

Oberon Renewal: This is a renewal, it fits the name, yes i've to admit, but we are talking about meta-game, every game has this thing, i'll explain it pretty fast, using a paper sword at the 3rd world war, Now it's clear.

Spoiler

This is a good base healing but I think it can be improved in several ways but not fitting all other skills cause would be too op.

The main thing is... It has to be a renewal, obviously, not a healing that is harder to hit than the "razorflies" from titania..  This skill can't be speeded it up, Can't be combined like a duration + healing resource like arcanes "a.k.a. Arcane Grace"( even they are hard to get but they are there for everyone and every frame. )

So I've thought a lot about this, This could be a instant skill that reaches everyone in the range of 10m, this range fits with all other skills, that make sense, right? But it wont heal for the first time and NEITHER will heal you over time ALL the time, you will heal an amount of % of your max health whenever you get hit with anything, even yourself(glaive for example) and it scales with negative duration. 

Example: you get a buff for 20s (100% power strengh) And it will heal you 10% of your max health (whenever you get hit within those 20s) in 10s, this can be stacked to 3 and it's just capped at 10s once you get 3 stacks, your Renewal will be consumed and you wont get healing anymore but you have a 30% armor buff for the actuall time it's resting ( about 5s or less). 

This Skill have 5s cooldown, can't be lowered.

Phoenix Renewal: Easy and simple: buffed and nerfed.

Spoiler

You dont need a useless heal, because high healings are made for hard survivals, but now with 90s cooldown that can't be lowered down.

You need to feel like a phoenix, not like a piece of paper sealed from the other broken parts.

Poenix do not go to the last status, they re-grow up, once they die, they revive but like a newborn not like a GODLIKE without any useful thing.

Solution buffing it: Instead of 90s cooldown it will be in harmony with it's own skill, now wont be activable again until you end the cycle of the skill and reach the armor part, once you reach te 30% armor part, you will gain the possibility to get into this buff, that's either nerfed and buffed.

The cooldown of this is just relative to low duration, but if you get high duration, this skill will have even lower cooldown but if you reach that limit to hit renewal 3s durations with 12% power duration, you wont hit the armor phase so you wont be able to trigget this.

SO. Once you hit that deadly point of hp that's about enought to not die, it will heal 5% max hp (can be buffed with power strengh) BUT, it will give you immortality status for the duration of the remaining time of Renewal, that's about 5s remaining with 100% power duration maybe, even if you use 299% power it wont be that much but, 5-15s is not THAT much, it wont heal you, but you will be able to reach a safe point of the map while you can CC to save yourself or even your teammates. THAT'S USEFUL.

TLDNR; Immortality like Poenix + low healing + better buff improvement.

Reckoning: As far as I know, this is a word used in a numerous ways but all ends at the same, A calculated time/ space/ or numbers / or persons.

So, that should be something similar and could be something different,

Spoiler

Reckoning is a High area stun that applies blind and radiactive, talking in our words, Oberon could be a CC GOD, but he has not that much range, if you have range you have no damage, and if you ult, you turn very vulnerable, if a projectile comes to you, you will die in high end missions, that needs to be something agressive that can be used with his "Smite" ...

That is a debuff but either a buff.

If you cast it on allies, it will give them a overshield 100% of their health(100% power strengh) as an overshield, but on enemies will add them a mark like Smite does. Marking enemies will make a short stun in place, that do not place them in finisher hit BUT, if you kill one of the enemies marked within the stun duration, you will get a overshield buff + speed buff, this only last for 2 seconds for mark, enemies can be marked for 5 times, once you kill a marked enemy, it will send the mark to a closer one and enemies can stack up to 2 marks.

I have to say, this skill is completely broken, but you wont be able to cast it again within the real duration of the first overshield (that should be 2seconds. )

TLDNR; Buffing allies, Debuffing enemies. That is my dream bois, I think a lot of people will like this ! Paladins are made for guarding and defending enemies from dying and getting fatal damages of sickeness.

Edited by Robrook