The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanted: some advice on Tonkor build.

(PSN)sb001001

Question

I'm currently in the process of slapping some forma on my Tonkor but I have a few questions about some of the mods.

I have: serration, split chamber, vital sense, point strike and heavy caliber on it which I believe are essential. 

That leaves me 3 open slots, of which I'd like to reserve at least 2 for 90% elemental damage mods. 

I'm not sure how to fill the last spot, should I go with firestorm for the extra aoe, fast hands for a faster reload or forget about those two and just put on a third 90% elemental damage mod? 

Any advice is welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

19 answers to this question

I'd suggest throwing Critical Delay on it if you're going to be using Vital Sense, to be honest. Then use the elemental mods to bump up the base blast damage numbers.

If you wanted to sacrifice the chance of critical hits for bigger booms right off the bat though, replace Vital Sense and Point Strike with Rime Rounds and Thermite Rounds, then slap on the 90% elemental mods and throw Hammer Shot on your remaining slot to bump up the status chance. Something to play around with in Config B at your leisure :P

25 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

argon scope or hammershot

25 minutes ago, deathcloud9999 said:

I recommend argon scope(or bladed rounds).

Thanks for the advice. Argon scope and bladed rounds aren't available yet on ps4 I believe. Hammer shot is but I don't think I have one yet, I'll try it on if/when I ever get one. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Fury-Gagarin said:

I'd suggest throwing Critical Delay on it if you're going to be using Vital Sense, to be honest. Then use the elemental mods to bump up the base blast damage numbers.

If you wanted to sacrifice the chance of critical hits for bigger booms right off the bat though, replace Vital Sense and Point Strike with Rime Rounds and Thermite Rounds, then slap on the 90% elemental mods and throw Hammer Shot on your remaining slot to bump up the status chance. Something to play around with in Config B at your leisure :P

Thank you for the advice. Never heard about critical delay before but it does look interesting. Don't have rime-/thermite rounds yet (nor high voltage) but it's definitely a combo I wanna try out once I get the needed mods.

42 minutes ago, icemasterJ said:

I'd say firestorm, it's always handy if you can take out big groups at once.

Thanks for the tip. Blasting away big groups of infested in dark sector defende missions with tonkor is very satisfying indeed!

22 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Depends what frame I use with my Tonkor. As Zephyr ill just run 3 elemental damages. As anything else I'd run firestorm

Usually run Rhino, what makes zephyr different? I have it but haven't started levelling it yet. 

21 minutes ago, l_TopSecret_l said:

Here is my build.

Reveal hidden contents

rho8k8P.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Do you get more damage output by picking malignant force instead of a 2nd 90% elemental damage mod, or am I not understanding your reasoning behind it properly? 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sb001001 said:

Usually run Rhino, what makes zephyr different? I have it but haven't started levelling it yet. 

Zephyr's Turbulance skill augment, Jet stream, turns tonkor bullets in to rockets. They shoot almost straight forward, and explode on impact. 

4 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Hammershot is worse then a 3rd elemental. If you really want more damage just put 3 90% elementals.

Thanks for the advice!

3 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:
  • Fast Hands (even better Primed Fast Hands)

It helps so much since you spend sooo much time reloading. It's shoot twice > reload > shoot twice > reload.

I was wondering about that, I don't have my fast hands ranked up yet (no primed either yet) so I haven't been able to test it properly for myself. Is the reload speed really that much faster? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sb001001 said:

I was wondering about that, I don't have my fast hands ranked up yet (no primed either yet) so I haven't been able to test it properly for myself. Is the reload speed really that much faster? 

It will drop it from 2.0 to 1.3 just checked on my inventory.