The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tone down the camera-shake?

Qeveren

Sometimes, when I'm playing, I have flashbacks to that time I watched The Bourne Ultimatium, and nobody should have to relive that camerawork. XD

It makes things kind of hard to enjoy when I can't actually see the pretty graphics and the action and the flying body parts, not to mention none of the NPCs seem to have their laser-like aim affected by the entire spacecraft being shaken like a toddler's rattle. So yeah, if you could just turn the dial down a little bit, that would be very nice. :)

Yes. Everything in this game makes the screen shake, heavily. Just yesterday, I was grouped with a Rhino and he walked down some stairs and my screen started shaking so bad I had a seizure.

And dear lord, that same Rhino, a friend of mine, uses the Hammer. When he starts swingin' that thing. I may as well just lay down. Because I can't see straight for the life of me.

I understand environment effects causing screen shake. I can even get behind various enemy attacks causing screen shaking. But I'd really prefer that my allies and my own attacks, didn't shake my screen, eh?

The camera shake is usually just a nice effect, but can occasionally cause actual gameplay isssues vis a vis being able to actually aim - and being able to see what's currently killing you. Plus, it could probably cause motion sickness for people so inclined.

Ideally, we'd have an optional slider for the degree of camera shake that can affect you - from "none" to "why am I always looking at the ceiling?".

Also, it seems like the actual amount of camera shake experienced varies a lot player to player - I know at least one of my friends gets much worse camera shake in the same games/situations than I do (confirmed by watching recordings from both our boxes).