Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xiphos Sentry Retargeting Delay

Zandermanith222

I'm probably the only person in the universe to care about this, or any of the Landing Craft powers really, but I've noticed that the sentry gun spawned by the Xiphos has a habit of constantly switching targets when firing into a large crowd of enemies. Now this is fine and all, but when it switches targets, it stops firing for a brief moment, and with how often it switches targets, it tends to only fire 3-4 rounds at a time, before pausing and firing again at someone else. This causes a sort of constant stop-start motion with its gun fire, which I'm personally not too fond of. XD

I think an easy way to fix this little quirk is to have the sentry gun fire for an extra half second or so after it loses its target. Allowing it to fire during the retargeting interval..!

I actually quite like the sentry gun, it's fragile, but Air Support charges are cheap. And I'm just an absolute sucker for sentry gun spawning powers.

What are your thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, Zandermanith222 said:

What are your thoughts on this?

:poop: :vomit:  :thumbdown:  :clem:  and Crap.

No, seriously. No damage, no survivability or scaling, it's just useless outside of mercury. Scimitar same game.

Well, at least the xiphos itself looks awesome, + points for being the masterrace of fashionframe ships. 

Edited by IceColdHawk

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

:poop: :vomit:  :thumbdown:  :clem:  and Crap.

No, seriously. No damage, no survivability or scaling, it's just useless outside of mercury. Scimitar same game.

Well, at least the xiphos itself looks awesome, + points for being the masterrace of fashionframe ships. 

By no means do I use the sentry gun with expectations that it'll actually help very much during most missions! I just use it because I personally find it neat and fun to have..! Frankly the only real competant Air Support is the Mantis Med Tower, and even that isn't particularly useful.

Edited by Zandermanith222

Just now, Zandermanith222 said:

By no means do I use the sentry gun with expectations that it'll actually help very much during most missions! I just use it because I personally find it neat and fun to have..!

It's alright. Guess what, i also love the concept of being able to spawn a sentry gun. But considering the 10 minute cooldown and the utter uselessness of that thing makes me ask if it's worth the gear slot for the air support charges.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

It's alright. Guess what, i also love the concept of being able to spawn a sentry gun. But considering the 10 minute cooldown and the utter uselessness of that thing makes me ask if it's worth the gear slot for the air support charges.

Yeah, the 10 minute cooldown is a real pain. I have enough room for my specters, restores, scanners and the air support, so I personally have no problems with gear space..! Although Air support in its current state is just begging for a revamp. Which is kinda unfortunate for a relatively new feature.

Just now, Zandermanith222 said:

Yeah, the 10 minute cooldown is a real pain. I have enough room for my specters, restores, scanners and the air support, so I personally have no problems with gear space..! Although Air support in its current state is just begging for a revamp. Which is kinda unfortunate for a relatively new feature that isn't as big as Archwing or Focus.

Edited by Zandermanith222
Quoted instead of edited. Oops.

6 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

Yeah, the 10 minute cooldown is a real pain. I have enough room for my specters, restores, scanners and the air support, so I personally have no problems with gear space..! Although Air support in its current state is just begging for a revamp. Which is kinda unfortunate for a relatively new feature.

Totally agree with you. I don't know what DE was thinking when introducing the cool air support charges with 10 minutes cooldown when they are weaker than a simple health plate (mantis) or phantom (scimitar, xiphos). Liset is actually kinda handy for spy missions or when trying to rush without setting of an alarm. The rest is just meh...

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Totally agree with you. I don't know what DE was thinking when introducing the cool air support charges with 10 minutes cooldown when they are weaker than a simple health plate (mantis) or phantom (scimitar, xiphos). Liset is actually kinda handy for spy missions or when trying to rush without setting of an alarm. The rest is just meh...

Besides the obvious buffing everything to make it practical (And not just for niche uses like the Liset's one), I think one thing that definitely needs to happen is for every type of air support to have a separate cool down. Because I feel like it would be more appropriate to deploy subsequent air strikes faster than extra Med towers or Sentry guns, since the former only lasts a couple seconds. Although the 10 minute cool down doesn't fit any of them, hell, I don't think a 5 minute cool down would fit with any of them. The system is there, it just needs a lot of tweaking, and a lot of improvements.