Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost Clans; Disapearance Of The Small Clan

Loswaith

I think it would be actually pretty cool if the developers released a Void key that was for Unlimited Defense where if you sucessfully complete 100 waves, the system forces either platinum (whatever amount devs think would be fair), orokin reactor, orokin catalyst or forma.  And every 100 additional waves completed would reward multiples of the next forced premium reward.

It would definitely make it worth fighting lvl 1000 enemies to get something like that!  And I wasn't referring to blueprints.  I'm talking completed items.

The whining about "this is too hard!" or "wtf are you doing plz nerf" or even "hurr only 100500 people clans can do that, you're hurting lone players!" will be overwhelming, though.

While, yes, there would be those who would complain about the difficulty, I believe the majority of the community would recognize that the developers were providing a guranteed way to collect premium items and premium currency.

100 waves defennce sounds insane... But it would be pretty cool indeed. 

Personally I wish for clan-related missions, that would be actually hard to beat, but brought rewards. Say, destroy grineer scout ships. Or secure corpus facility, both with multipart objectives.

This 4 tenno cell thing is bullS#&$. If you want us to gather in larger communities, give us missions that require them. Intersecting missions where two cells cross paths, or team up to fight harder bosses. Multi mission battles where a couple of groups need to co-operate. One needs to take out the reactor, while one fights a boss and the last grabs the artifact. GIVE US MORE.

Right now there's not enough difficulty for even 4-tenno cell to do anything but curbstomp battles. Having multi-cell missions would be awesome, but first I think they need to make actual difficulty for the 4-player missions.

100 waves defennce sounds insane... But it would be pretty cool indeed. 

Personally I wish for clan-related missions, that would be actually hard to beat, but brought rewards. Say, destroy grineer scout ships. Or secure corpus facility, both with multipart objectives.

Well, if you think about it, it could be possible to have a multi-squad mission involving Void missions, even the Unlimited Defense missions.  Basically, anyone who has selected the mission (by this I'm referring to the blue or yellow dot) would be in a queue.  When a squad finally claims their reward or completes their mission, the squad in queue would launch in and try to beat the previous squad's score/number of waves completed.  If they accomplish tha goal, they are offered either the same reward the other squad got or they can choose the RNG reward.

I'm the Warlord of a 57 strong player Clan. We've built 4 + Connectors, 2 Reactors, an Elevator, an Oracle, a Great Hall and an Energy Research Lab as well as having the Chem Research Lab and Dueling Room well underway. 80% of our playerbase are highly active and we have around 10 players solidly farming for Dojo progress.

Progress is slow and arduous, when we started there were only 10-15 of us for our first + connector to be built, we finished our Reactor with less than 20 players and we built the Oracle with less than 30 players. Now that we've hit over 50 players with a strong, active playerbase we actively run Void Missions and farm defense for materials (to the point where the active players have 5+ T2 keys at any given time). 

I'm not trying to brag, I'd just like to put forward an example that small clans CAN work and have worked, it's not easy and it certainly takes time but I'll tell you this. We're all happy to have a small community of tightly knit players that can work together to achieve a common goal. 

We've been pretty lucky with the players we've recruited who try hard to recruit others and to farm materials for the Dojo, but i will say this. Dojo material costs aren't that bad. Forma can be obtained fairly easily through log-in bonuses, void runs and the occasional DE alert. Other materials take time and effort to farm. There are issues and the main issue are Circuits. Circuits are evil little bastards. I'm sorry to say this guys, but those of you with clans that have built your first connector etc. You'll need 35k Circuits for each reactor, elevator, oracle and research lab. They drop in groups of 30-50 and very rarely at that. We've only got as far as we have by recruiting members with spare piles. Other than Circuits my issue is that the tiles don't scale correctly. Every connector costs the same amount despite the number of nodes? That just sucks.

My solution would not be to lower costs for smaller Clans, but to increase it for larger Clans. Clans of 2,000+ members should be coughing up millions to pay for the use it'll go through. Or Research should X amount of uses per Research to stop people hopping clans to these mega-clans for free research weaponry.

For me, mega-clans are abominations that destroy the social aspects of the game. Does a clan ever really need 2-5k+ players? No. There's no real reason to, all that leads to is a clan that may as well be named `Region` and a lack of active players for the small Clans that want to make communities and groups within the game.

My solution would not be to lower costs for smaller Clans, but to increase it for larger Clans. Clans of 2,000+ members should be coughing up millions to pay for the use it'll go through. Or Research should X amount of uses per Research to stop people hopping clans to these mega-clans for free research weaponry.

I like this idea.

Make it a long trip for EVERYONE.