The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Naramon is inevitably nerfed, what will you use

Chef_Lu_Bu

1 hour ago, Necrius said:

I don't care about focus at all. Due to poorly worded descriptions I chose a school I don't like, so whatever the Hek changes, I'm outta focus until they let me respec.

You know you can unlock all the schools right? Seems silly to wait for something that may never come when you could just look up the info for them and unlock the one you want in an hour.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)The Allslayer said:

You know you can unlock all the schools right? Seems silly to wait for something that may never come when you could just look up the info for them and unlock the one you want in an hour.

I'm just ranking all of them up in the background while I use Naramon. I think I'm closest to unlocking Zenurik.

2 hours ago, ashrah said:

with zenurik u need flow only....i tested in t4 max power frame no any efficancy mods qith maxed zenurik np

Flow and Zenurik is great for Quick Thinking, but Efficiency (at least the non-Nightmare 30%) doesn't hurt when you need to successively cast spells over and over, because when you regen 4-5 energy per second, and your abilities only cost 5-25 energy--- you can operate even when you just got your entire energy pool wiped out by a barrier or a magnetic effect.

Edited by ScorpDK

5 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

Considering I main loki in the first place. Shadowstep already seemed pretty much worthless in the first place regardless of crit stuff, making naramon pointless for me. And only time I switch out for other frames is mostly sorties. I use zenurik currently cause void pulse is free eng. Dat regen rate is nice. Even if its nerfed somewhat later on it'll still probably be very much usable even if the amount of eng per second you gain back is halved or something from the original amount. Paired with energy siphon. its a good combo for soloing for surplus energy etc

Naramon can keep you stealthed inside a nullifier bubble

Just now, Aelli_Swiftwind said:

Naramon can keep you stealthed inside a nullifier bubble

I just shoot them until they pop if I'm going invisible via loki since I run hushed invisibility, Usually go solo too so I can take my time and pop em as I see fit. No need to naramon's shadowstep in that case ever, imho.

10 hours ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

Naramon: invisibility and crit

Vazarin: healing and instant revives for you and squad

Zenurik: Infinite energy regen

Madurai: Weapon damage buff

Unairu: Freezing (basically) on melee hit with armor increase to you and an armor decrease to enemies (This is significant because armor decreases damage taken to health)

They're all pretty much equal. none is more op than the rest. people just have their own preferences and sometimes people choose what seems the easiest over the others to them. That's all.

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Unairu and Madurai are almost completely pointless. The Unairu armor increase is barely noticeable and the damage increase Madurai gives is somewhere between 7% and 15% depending on the build used which is also almost nothing. Vazarin at least is a little useful.

Naramon and Zenurik and their passives are clearly far far stronger.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

11 hours ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

how? the only thing it does is make you invisible to enemies. It doesn't give you stealth kill bonuses because they're already alert and it doesn't last that long nor stack. It resets every crit. While I understand why and how you can stay invisible for 6minutes easy, I don't understand how that makes naramon op. It doesn't buff your damage, it doesn't increase your xp or focus chances. you're just invisible.

LOL it 'only makes you invisible' for 10 seconds which are not nullified by nullifier;

I don't play on PC but I know who you are, you are that guy spamming exalted blade or never leaving hysteria.

Please, it's ridiculously OP, it completely banalizes at least 80% of the mechanics found in this game, it manages to be even more ridiculous than current meta of 60m radial disarming and confusing enemies through walls, but what i am i talking about, that must sound like fun to you too.

Don't worry though, i'd still give the prize of worst reasoning of this thread to whoever presented Hyekka as a counter argument to Naramon OPness; I think that same person argumented that since Vazarin (which was wrong, it's actually Madurai) provides a small damage boost, Naramon's opness was only fair; Of course, who never needed an extra 30% boost to physical damage to take it to the next level? When I'm playing as loki I think that all the time 'Man, i wish i could trade my perma invisibility for a 30% boost to physical dmg'.

More on thread, i use zenurik, could leave without it should it come to it, the regen should be 2 per second. Naramon's invisibility? 3s tops. It's enough to provide aggro redirection, enough to provide the enemies a chance to fight back, and sadly, enough to keep it being permanent during that specific encounter.

Lastly, I only use naramon when got a setup that needs convenient manageable self dmg, which i get from traumatic redirection.

betwwen the awful animation, the annoying focus drops and how bad it is for true team play. 

i have deleted all lenses and warframes and weapons. Frankly until they change the whole system 1 or 2 times its not even worth it to care about focus as it stands now.