Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Welcome to my random art thread

Spoiler

ᗰᗩKOᔕ ᗩᖇT:

Greetings Tenno, I go by Mako

thanks for checking the thread out and hope you enjoy your stay.

I tend to do art in random intervals in my free time. so there is some RNG here....

You can check out more of my work on DeviantArt  & Twitter 

Im one of the warframe communities free concept artists, my commissions and requests are free, sometimes this can stack up so I thank you for your patience 

I also do emblem art for payment on PC /Xbox

here are some examples of emblems that are from clans in game (please note these are copyrighted for my clients and are already used ingame)

Spoiler

sketch1521820417284.png?width=305&height=301sketch1519099351098.png?width=305&height=301eyelanternemblem.png?width=306&height=300sketch1507325524555_1.png?width=300&height=300wolf1.png?width=300&height=300falcoemblem2dragon.png?width=301&height=301

Examples of frame concept art:

(if your Xbox One you can even hang with me & play games if you want) 

<Deviant Art<>Discord<>Youtube<>Twitch><Twitter><Tumblr>

IMG_20181126_095818.jpg

some doodles of my xbox operator  [kuro-hime] and her trusty excalibur umbra [called kuryu ] along with chu the sharaac

Spoiler

sketch1535911355539.pngsketch1515962349072.pngsketch1516039584200.pngsketch1516417364932.pngsketch1516482710592.png

Captura requests

Spoiler

I do capturas on request , and post them to my tumble or my twitter 

normally i just make them for myself as wallpapers , these are some that have been well liked or made it to prime time

Prime time: hydroid contest honorable mention 

[ my banshee,  featured on warframe pintrest]  

capturas Featured byHydroxates on their  off the runway 

Spoiler

h6IZKXG.pngQeodS7O.png

unknown.png

Art archive

Spoiler

These are some of my past Featured art

sketch1526868674571.png?width=642&height=642

January 2018 project

Spoiler

DSAV_dtVwAADYsf.jpg:large

POE glass frame

Spoiler

DKTWl58U8AID34J.jpg:large

"Eclipsed Reflection"

Spoiler

DFcWcgMXYAIkNM9.jpg:large

path of darkness

Spoiler

DApSI2nXsAAzQz4.jpg

mothers day lotus gift

Spoiler

C_0zUGsUAAAKTa4.jpg:large

appreciation art for h3adsh0t, for the glyph 

Spoiler

C8MijcYVoAAdMtw.jpg:large

Collaboration submission

Spoiler

C3rKWV-VMAA3zBD.jpg

Nyx unmasked : Aegis [original colors] 

Spoiler

C1iXshCUQAAdvlK.jpg:large

12/16/16 ember unmasked: heart of fire

Spoiler

CzzqsJ5UkAE7JYO.jpg

12/13/16 domino [original colors]

Spoiler

CzmpErAVIAAdY9z.jpg

10/14 ETERNAL PASSION 

Spoiler

CuxyA1iUsAE_DEq.jpg:large

Volt Unmasked-commission-8/28

Wither unmasked 8/18

Spoiler

Cpn6TIqUIAA6OVB.jpg:large

Okopipi Unmasked 8/7

Spoiler

CpQ415sUIAEqfEy.jpg:large

Stalkers Little Sister: (7/18) (unmasked) for DK 

Spoiler

CntB8piUkAAIa4k.jpg:large

Operator Kuria (7/16) my operator 

Polarity:6/30 based on my two mag primes 

Danielle appreciation art 5/24 

Titania Warframe : 3/26 kinda came to me to draw her more as a pinup girl 

tennogen stuff

Spoiler

Some Wip designs 

This is a gallery for my concepts that im making for tennogen , im rather new at this so im trying my best to make them a reality 

Syandanas:

Spoiler

Seraphic syandana wip

wing span styles im testing, issues with gameplay visibility is a concern 

unknown.pngunknown.png

old style

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png?width=438&height=409 unknown.png?width=614&height=409

Devi syandana -some wip testing on subtances used

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png 

unknown.pngunknown.png

Warframes:

Volt [kabuto-V ]

Spoiler

I originally was designing just a helm , but by request ive altered it to be more reflective of kamen rider kabuto, originally the design for the helm was derived from the just the beetle however , this is my first tennogen project

i think ive come along way in terms of my sculpt technique

WIP: redrafting design 

unknown.png?width=813&height=642

OLD designs but examples of substances i plan to use , old helm will be used in another helm project for volt

Spoiler

C86Zcn7UMAEUR3u.jpgDDdFQUlVwAEW52x.jpg:large

NEW

render test Kabutorender test Kabuto back view

Nova Empress: collaboration with missmarifire] [3/9] 

Spoiler

This is one originally was drafted as a collaboration between me and missmarifire as a nova deluxe design [was even mentioned when the real one came out oddly enough] 

Now there is two syandanas to go with the theme 

art is by missmarifire and the 3d model is one derived from her designs [which i love the details of xD ]

Spoiler

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIDWBgu4DUGC5pQSqLkPc7vfe695xmU2c6j2uQHs58wydjtVRqrFVpF6ldTPabPckFRTPu7SdAL5iJFWYsYVMYTIQGGJyLQQo3PeO4fwtE-Tb7O9VfP7AwelIts.WAoAc9bU89KCGy7-AEAuNvjQ_yM?width=1099&height=619unknown.png

V1 Nova Empress -collaboration tennogen- by DrkMako

unknown.png

[original concept art]

Ember : Pele V5

Spoiler

Backstory: 

so roughly a year+ ago i drafted some designs for a deluxe skin for ember 

the skin was derived after the Hawaiian goddess Pele [volcano] -destruction, creation , ect

it has been my goal to create this into a tennogen 

pele was one of my earlier designs so im trying to bring it to life so to speak

the current WIP beign redone

Original Deluxe/tennogen concept art designs

Nyx: Succubus V3

Umbra frame cocnept art

Spoiler

a trickster moves from the shadows : Loki Umbra

C-DdD7_U0AEfPR-.jpg

An unhallowed wrecking steps from the shadows: Oberon umbra

http://img11.deviantart.net/1ac2/i/2017/077/1/9/oberon_umbra_by_drkmako-db2qtng.jpg

Rage incarnate rends from the shadows: valkyr umbra

C6v7tWzU0AE9MhA.jpg:large

A Storm Erupts from the Shadows : Volt Umbra 

C5cs9XJUYAA-fp8.jpg  

a Blizzard Rages from the shadows: Frost Umbra 

C6nTzHvU4AAJi3u.jpg:large

Roars Echo from the shadows: Umbra Rhino 

CzUh5XsWIAYkYOg.jpg

shadows of the mind nyx umbra -2020

de426od-0b967c46-84d7-4e44-ba21-917786bbe8ec.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDY4NWM0OTMtMjE1Mi00MmQ0LTk3ZGUtOWI0NjJmMTc4MmI5XC9kZTQyNm9kLTBiOTY3YzQ2LTg0ZDctNGU0NC1iYTIxLTkxNzc4NmJiZThlYy5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.tmNe8XqmQO7uAL8YUiqQJ1TLPEi8hB_k3_vSmFgVplo

unseen shadows -mag umbra  (2021)defmhip-27a1e467-46f3-4ae4-b4ea-d085862b7e86.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDY4NWM0OTMtMjE1Mi00MmQ0LTk3ZGUtOWI0NjJmMTc4MmI5XC9kZWZtaGlwLTI3YTFlNDY3LTQ2ZjMtNGFlNC1iNGVhLWQwODU4NjJiN2U4Ni5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.X8jBkqYNkqhnwtTMultCEkY4MrqGGL4eaWVJjB42t4w

C2Ur4u7UsAAunTQ.jpg:large

lil comics

Edited by (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako
unarchived???
  • Like 1

These look really nice! If you want to start slow to transfer them digitally, Autodesk Sketchbook for smartphones is a relly cool app. It works in Layers and is super fun to use. 

I only have a phone, but thats not stopping me :) You have good ideas and a good eye, I can tell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, arch111 said:

These look really nice! If you want to start slow to transfer them digitally, Autodesk Sketchbook for smartphones is a relly cool app. It works in Layers and is super fun to use. 

I only have a phone, but thats not stopping me :) You have good ideas and a good eye, I can tell.

thanks, ill look into that as i have a touch screen tablet as well 10 inches, may be better for the type :D 

i also was still drafting ideas on the chroma delux  we talked about a while back 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thanks, ill look into that as i have a touch screen tablet as well 10 inches, may be better for the type :D 

i also was still drafting ideas on the chroma delux  we talked about a while back 

That sounds great. Have you made any progress on that?

3 minutes ago, arch111 said:

That sounds great. Have you made any progress on that?

i was looking through some old books i had on dragons. you were going with the eastern style if memory serves and im trying to shape the head right

i keep making the heads look more like...

Spoiler

dragon-kenchouji-hottou-ceiling-late-199

which isnt my intent.... im trying to make it look like it belongs in warframe, but still has the .."oh look its an eastern dragon design...." recognition 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

@arch111

12417557_147614775633437_873197905525214 

using auto-desk sketch app, was fun to play with :D , this is more or less the basic look , im trying to make the bear look more as quil/spine look instead of fur

Oh yeah the eastern dragon with whiskers and all. I am soo expecting DE to make that for the chineese. 

31 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ya i was thinking the tendril whiskers were more like wukongs energy streamers then actual sines. or hair 

would make it pop in a dark setting 

Nice idea. I like it!

@arch111

ended up looking at samurai helms and eastern dragon designs 

came up with the "ryu" helm 

I kept forgetting chromas mask/helm is below the dragon pelt..... so i designd a samurai armor back and front/lower and encorperiated the head as the top peice

expanding the look of chromas horns to fit the eastern head look 

and named it ryu =dragon in japanese 

i think this could be popular given how much people love samurai styles and gives a new look to chorma 

ryu_chroma_all_helm__by_drkmako-d9xpeva.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

@arch111

ended up looking at samurai helms and eastern dragon designs 

came up with the "ryu" helm 

I kept forgetting chromas mask/helm is below the dragon pelt..... so i designd a samurai armor back and front/lower and encorperiated the head as the top peice

expanding the look of chromas horns to fit the eastern head look 

and named it ryu =dragon in japanese 

i think this could be popular given how much people love samurai styles and gives a new look to chorma 

ryu_chroma_all_helm__by_drkmako-d9xpeva.

Mhm. This design actually celebrates both tenno and sentry and instead of hiding the helmet, the two merge.

I like it alot actually. I'm sure I am not the only one who wishes the body beneath the pelt could be seen more.

The samurai and eastern theme is clearly visible too. Makes me want the whole warframe to be redone, but one step at a time.

On 4/3/2016 at 3:08 PM, arch111 said:

Mhm. This design actually celebrates both tenno and sentry and instead of hiding the helmet, the two merge.

I like it alot actually. I'm sure I am not the only one who wishes the body beneath the pelt could be seen more.

The samurai and eastern theme is clearly visible too. Makes me want the whole warframe to be redone, but one step at a time.

maybe do a two form style, with pelt and without? 

once it was done though i felt the same way, making a fully samurai/eastern dragon theme would be a a fun idea 

edit: here is a unpelted concept

instead of altering the pelt with the delux skin, the Ryu head would alter it more then enough to get the eastern dragon look

then it allows us to focus on altering the frame beneath the pelt, with possibly minor changes on the pelt to adjust/accommodate for the new "samurai" look  

personally chroma unpelted always looked odd... but a delux that balances both would be interesting 

chroma_ryu_delux_skin___resub_higher_res

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako