From the Steam store page:

MINIMUM: 

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ 

Memory:2 GB RAM 

Graphics:Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 

DirectX®:9.0c 

Hard Drive:10 GB HD space 

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

... Uh huh. Can anyone actually confirm that these minimums work? My friend's laptop is about on par and can't run the game at all, and my laptop is better than that and I still wouldn't dare.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I tested Warframe in 2 maps: Draco and Void Exterminate T3 (~160 enemies).

Results:

Resolution: 1440x900. All video settings ON. 4x Anisotropic Filtering, Antialiasing MSAA (medium).

Draco 4-man Squad: Minimum FPS = 29

Void Exterminate T3 4-man Squad: Minimum FPS = 45

Resolution: 1440x900. All video settings ON. 4x Anisotropic Filtering, Antialiasing MSAA (medium).

Draco SOLO: Minimum FPS = 70

Void Exterminate T3 SOLO: Minimum FPS = 72

I tested on lower resolution (1024x768) and all settings OFF too, but I didn't have much improvement on FPS (only 5~10 FPS).

My system specs: (I KNOW, MY COMPUTER IS OLD/WEAK)

CPU Phenom II x4 B50 3.1 Ghz

GPU HD 7770 1 GB

RAM 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Conclusion: 

I have to play Solo if I want to have more fun...

@kynusa-san, your GPU is well capable... that's why you don't see much change on lower res.. I've been running Warframe at 720p when I had my AMD Radeon HD 3650 (before I switched to the slightly better nVidia GTS 450 I've got from a friend)

A quad core also sounds quite solid.. beside yours isn't even old either (so supports most instruction sets)

Basically, my PC is below your specs (besides my AMD FX 8350 with 8 cores and my 16 GiB of RAM but my GPU is the limiting factor as should be in your case)

And I'm above 40 FPS (I've limited it to 40 to have a stable frame rate as it rarely ever drops below 40, but won't be much higher than 60 anyway)

So I don't know why your frames are this low even though they should be way higher...  maybe try to turn "Local Reflections" off as that gives me some really wacky frames (but might be that your GPU doesn't care about those anymore)

Either lower some of your settings like Shadows, Anisotropic Filtering, Anti-aliasing, Trilinear Filtering (like turning them off) or tweak your Windows by removing background applications that you don't need (especially true if you didn't install your Windows yourself but got it pre-installed... they tend to be bloated)

And even 30fps are perfectly fine to play with. (back then, I used to play with about 24)