Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Added poll- why restrict deluxe weapon skins to one specific weapon?

izzatuw

I feel like all this really does it drop sales for bundles.

Imo future sales would improve a lot more if the weapon skins were usable for all weapons in the respective weapon type.

Like Oberon's Deluxe bundle Ack and Brunt skin I don't see why it should be locked just to that one weapon when there appearances in general do not match at all.

I just propose that all deluxe weapon skins be a universal skin instead of a skin stuck to one specific weapon.

http://strawpoll.me/7241674/r

Edited by izzatuw
Poll

Yes, yes, and more yes. I just do not understand this, you are entirely right in that all it does is hurt sales. I HATE the paris prime's functionality. I LOVE dread. I'm buying this pack just because I can and I want a nice looking goat-man-bro-dude but if I could actually use the skin on Dread or even Daikyu I might actually use it. As for the skin that's only usable on ack and brunt- all I have to say is this: DE- ack and brunt already has 2 other skins and is a new weapon... silva and aegis still never gets any love and doesn't even have PBR yet... why did ack and brunt get the fancy skin? Sure- it visually looks like the ack and brunt, but it's not making a silva and aegis skin instead would have hurt right?

I do not see why certain weapon skins are restricted to certain weapon 'names' instead of the whole branching types from the PvE pov.

I do understand such a reason when you look at it from the PvP pov or even, you know, the whole money making pov.

2 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

Well sometimes it makes sense for example the ack and brunt skin it just wouldnt make sense on the silva and aegis because even though they use the same stances they very different weapons.

since when did deluxe skins ever have stats?

3 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

since when did deluxe skins ever have stats?

I never said they did but the weapon you want to put the skin on does not fit the theme of the skin nor the frame it was meant to resemble so it doesn't make much sense at least it me it doesn't

32 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Make one skin available for all weapons =》 player buys only one skin

Make one skin per one weapon =》 player buys several skins 

Make one cool skin

Make it only available for one specific weapon  = no sale.

Especially since these skins are locked behind a bundle that's significantly more expensive than the standalone skin. 

I don't think this would be a problem if we could buy the skin separately but we can't.

Edited by izzatuw

28 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

I never said they did but the weapon you want to put the skin on does not fit the theme of the skin nor the frame it was meant to resemble so it doesn't make much sense at least it me it doesn't

I don't get it. Does Ack and Brunt look more similar to the deluxe skin than Silva and Aegis? To my eyes no not really, they're both completely different looking weapons.

And how exactly does a Grineer Sword and Board fit the fairy tail theme more than a burning sword and shield?

1 hour ago, shadowfire380 said:

also why is it people only complain about the deluxe skins being like this what about the conclave skins or steam skins or the scindo/dual zoren skins from forever ago?

Because those are just skins- not full model changes. It makes no sense for a totally model changing skin to not be usable on all weapons of the class.

And to your above comment of EG silva + aegis doesn't fit oberon but ack and brunt does, I have only this to say. Who cares? That's subjective. That's an opinion. You might say silva and aegis doesn't fit but I might think it does. You might think a SnB fits him- I might think the mighty magistar he came out with does. Either way- it doesn't matter. No matter what weapon you are using, the skin would look the same anyways.

Edited by Stratego89

1 hour ago, InglriousB said:

Make one skin available for all weapons =》 player buys only one skin

Make one skin per one weapon =》 player buys several skins 

Your logic fails miserably.

If they can use that skin on any weapon in the class- more people buy it because they're not locked into using a specific weapon.

Even if that wasn't the case (which it IS- it's simple common sense...) then your logic STILL fails because it would only work if they made a skin for every weapon.

Besides- each skin is different- they can make a bunch of each type of weapon- and people might want to buy each one.

I would like it OP, but i think if they do that, it will prevent more sales for the next released skin, because the people will be already satisfied with their weapon skin

So i dont know, maybe not all the weapon class, but definitively more than 1 or 2 weapons

*cough* cyskis *cough*

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

i would like to skins also add bonus stats

They used to with helmets which are now arcane, where have you been? They said ages ago skins should be cosmetic only, and they are right.

But onto the post, totally agree it should work on all of the same weapon types not just one specific. Im not gonna make paris prime again just for a skin when there are better bows out their *cough* rakta cernos *cough* Dread *cough*.

22 minutes ago, IamTheSparta said:

I would like it OP, but i think if they do that, it will prevent more sales for the next released skin, because the people will be already satisfied with their weapon skin

So i dont know, maybe not all the weapon class, but definitively more than 1 or 2 weapons

*cough* cyskis *cough*

Abra Paris skin. DoTD Paris skin. 

This Deluxe skin... I don't think so and this skin really just fits Oberon's deluxe skin. When another weapon type is re-used DE will do their best to make it stand out so people will want to buy the cosmetic.

25 minutes ago, IamTheSparta said:

We will NEVER be satisfied.

*If weapon skins worked on every weapon of that weapon type ...

*and I had a weapon skin I really liked...

When a new skin came out for that same weapon type, I would still buy it if it was aesthetically appealing to me!