Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Pathogenecyst Infested sniper (augment added)

Tythbalt

So before we get into the weapon, a bit of backstory. Recently ive gotten my hands on many of the snipers in the game and have really come to absolutely love the entire weapon class as a whole, however then I noticed a truly sad fact, there are no infested snipers. This simply could not stand as infested weapons are by far my favorite in general, so I took it upon myself to create the ideal (or at least my interpretation of the ideal) infested sniper!

Pathogenesis (or pathogenecyst still not decided on the name)(I love play on words <3)

Stats

Spoiler

Accuracy: Pinpoint accuracy (like other snipers 13.3)

Crit chance: 31.41592% (yes, its crit chance is based on Pi, sue me. Its my favorite number ok??)

Crit multiplier: 1.5

Fire rate: 2/s

Magazine: 2

Noise: Silent/condition (as long as you do not miss any shots, the sniper will remain silent, however if you miss enemies will be alerted)

Reload: 1.3

Damage: Puncture 10 Slash 75  Viral 190

--------------

Mechanics

Spoiler

3.5X Zoom: 15% damage. 4.5X zoom: 20% damage 6.5X zoom: 25% Damage

Shot combo reset of 4 seconds with 2 shots to gain a combo multiplier.

Special interactions with crit and status.

If your shot crits, the enemy will exude an infectious cloud of pathogens which deals damage equal to the shot. This damage is dealt to the target, and in an area around it over 3 seconds. If the critting shot also procs status, then the cloud gains a 100% viral status proc and Infects 2 other targets causing them to also deal damage in an area around them equal to 25% of the original clouds damage. This crit interaction can only happen once every 3 seconds and only once per reload. If the target dies as a result of the critting shot, the cloud damage is dealt instantly instead. Note: The damage of the cloud scales with the shot itself, so any elemental mods and base damage mods are also taken into account when calculating its damage, however its damage type is always exclusively viral.

Augment

Contagious blight: -10% crit chance +25% base status.

Tl;Dr: crits make the target explode and status procs spreads viral. (plz put hammershot on this thing)

------------

Appearance

(Disclaimer: Im not an artist so no pretty pictures to look at. if any artists want to help please contact me ingame!)

Spoiler

The pathogenesis is an infested malformation which fires needles made from hardened sinew, which are filled with Infectious liquids. Its handle coils around the warframe's hand giving it a secure grip and its long barrel is coated with bacteria growing glands which when reloaded, visibly let out a cloud of stench. Its scope is an adapted eyeball-like formation which helps the user see at greater distances (it is still shaped like a scope, but it is actually an eyeball! First infested weapon capable of sight?). While scoped, the crosshair is denoted by the eye's pupil (to get a better picture of what this looks like, I suggest looking at drawings detailing the parts of the inside of an eyeball). Scince this is a bio weapon, the sniper combo counter is instead indicated by a slow pulsing in the scope, the higher the combo counter, the faster the veins of the eyeball scope "pulse". Also when landing a crit the pupil of the scope dilates (it will stay dilated until the cooldown of the cloud is over).

Tl;Dr: Imagine if the Tysis, Toxocyst and the Rubico had a VERY ugly cyclops baby. This is that baby.

------------

Flavor text

Spoiler

The Pathogenesis brings disease and ruin to your enemies tenno, handle this bio weapon with care. Critical hits will infect its target with disease, spreading silent death to the backlines of the enemy.

----

And with that, we conclude. Thank you so much for reading through this and PLEASE leave any feedback you may have, it is all welcome, even harsh criticism (roast me, cmon!). This is the first weapon ive ever conceptualized for any game EVER (it took me weeks... srsly) and I would love to see people's opinion on it.

Edited by Tythbalt
Added augment and clarity.

Just now, Gemenai said:

This gaming youth...

BTT: sounds nice ( though no pictures :( )

yea... i wish i could draw, Its a horrible feeling because i can see the weapon in my head yet when i take pencil to paper.... its horrible xD.

I think the only thing I have a problem with is the name- mainly because it's a mouthful. XD

I do very much like the idea. I'm sure one day they'll put an Infested sniper in, they did just put in an infested bow (albeit one that needs a serious buff, but they did it.)

5 minutes ago, Camelslayer said:

I think the only thing I have a problem with is the name- mainly because it's a mouthful. XD

I do very much like the idea. I'm sure one day they'll put an Infested sniper in, they did just put in an infested bow (albeit one that needs a serious buff, but they did it.)

you are right, it is a mouthful but i just couldnt contain myself making a billion referances to what the weapon does xD. Path (from pathogen) gene (from genesis and blends in with pathogen) cyst to follow the infested naming nomenclature and it also sounds like the end of the word "genesis" as if you said it "genesist."

Pathogenecyst

Thats pretty much where the name came from.

honestly with the infested conditional weapons we already have this would be way too op i mean 190 viral dmg? maybe like 75viral cuz that status already halves enemy hp :[

otherthan that it sounds interesting both with the AOE effect and silent on hit noisy on miss mechanic

DE please do this gun ;__;

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

honestly with the infested conditional weapons we already have this would be way too op i mean 190 viral dmg? maybe like 75viral cuz that status already halves enemy hp :[

otherthan that it sounds interesting both with the AOE effect and silent on hit noisy on miss mechanic

DE please do this gun ;__;

Its not always a guaranteed proc! and this is not a status weapon its a crit weapon! however I do admit the numbers might be a bit off.. I mainly took the Vectis prime as my limit on how much total damage the weapon would have.

1 minute ago, Tythbalt said:

Its not always a guaranteed proc! and this is not a status weapon its a crit weapon! however I do admit the numbers might be a bit off.. I mainly took the Vectis prime as my limit on how much total damage the weapon would have.

yeah but it is critical based which scales pretty high with elemental dmg so the viral dmg should be low-ish

12 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

yeah but it is critical based which scales pretty high with elemental dmg so the viral dmg should be low-ish

viral is its main damage type (both thematically and for practical use) , I would feel more comfortable lowering the physical damages instead. Also I would much rather the weapon be a little on the op side than be underwhelming simply because it has bad numbers (no ammount of coolness will make a noodle shooting gun fun to use). Also, the tonkor exists thats alredy enough reason for me to go all out when making new weapons ;P

Also, note the 1.5 crit rating, this is your crit damage most of the time as the cloud has a cooldown and a magazine restriction. you wont always be dealing massive damage but your first crit is bound to hurt, ESPECIALLY if you are lucky enough to also get a status proc.

Edited by Tythbalt

8 hours ago, Tythbalt said:

viral is its main damage type (both thematically and for practical use) , I would feel more comfortable lowering the physical damages instead. Also I would much rather the weapon be a little on the op side than be underwhelming simply because it has bad numbers (no ammount of coolness will make a noodle shooting gun fun to use). Also, the tonkor exists thats alredy enough reason for me to go all out when making new weapons ;P

Also, note the 1.5 crit rating, this is your crit damage most of the time as the cloud has a cooldown and a magazine restriction. you wont always be dealing massive damage but your first crit is bound to hurt, ESPECIALLY if you are lucky enough to also get a status proc.

okay u have convinced me

let there be this weapon in U19 :D

Might come up with another weapon based around the same premise but without the sniper base. But I need more feedback on this one before I can do anything else  guys please xD (and not just oh I like it, please elaborate why and what. Even if you hate it type out why so I can take that into consideration.)

Edited by Tythbalt

19 hours ago, Tythbalt said:

yea... i wish i could draw, Its a horrible feeling because i can see the weapon in my head yet when i take pencil to paper.... its horrible xD.

You don't have to be good at it. We just need a sort of basic view. No large detail. Its helpful for us and Devs because sometimes they will take the Concepts from here and it helps them with how to look so it doesn't break our expectations.

1 minute ago, FlarenDragolord said:

You don't have to be good at it. We just need a sort of basic view. No large detail. Its helpful for us and Devs because sometimes they will take the Concepts from here and it helps them with how to look so it doesn't break our expectations.

you dont get it, when I say  i'm bad, I mean it like TODLER DOODLE bad. I am much better as a writer hence why I wrote a description.

Just now, Tythbalt said:

you dont get it, when I say  i'm bad, I mean it like TODLER DOODLE bad. I am much better as a writer hence why I wrote a description.

Hopefully you're able to find someone to create the weapon look. I could help but I focus more on melee designs.

5 minutes ago, FlarenDragolord said:

Hopefully you're able to find someone to create the weapon look. I could help but I focus more on melee designs.

Hopefully someone is willing to at least throw a sketch my way (I strongly oppose free art but yea I dont have any cash lying around xD). Melee designs.. hmm TIME TO MAKE A MELEE WEAPON CONCEPT *puts thinking cap on and jumps back into the basement*

Had a horrible expirience yesterday with a heavy gunner in the void and my rubico. Fired 3 shots and none of them crit, basically tickling the gunner which proceeded to down me while a swarm of eximus ran over me. Needless to say I am considering the following changes.

- Changing the zoom bonuses to base crit increase instead of %damage. This change is to remove any kind of "bad" RNG elements from damage and keep it consistant (and possibly even throw it into red crit territory with the max zoom level) essentially making your crits while zoomed guaranteed with crit mods.

- Slightly increasing the base damages to compensate the high % damage loss from zoom levels.

- slightly lowering status chance to keep the utility of the weapon the only RNG factor of its damage. This change is essentially to turn your status chance into your "miracle" moments (like critting with a 10% crit chance galatine would feel like). Possible status number 11~19% (need to run some maths and consider how this would affect the fully modded weapon, because i do not want to make it so low that status mods become a burden to use)

-Considering a possible interaction with red crits if I do end up implementing thease changes.

Feedback please!

Edited by Tythbalt