Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #72 Overview

AM-Bunny

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Speed will drop a portal a la Wormhole that allies can run through to trigger the Speed buff, that way they don't receive the effect against their will (this may change)

No please :l My build is full range so i can give the speed to my frame mates ...

If it becomes a portal it will be anoying and force people to follow you until you cast the skill and if you are behind then nobody will get the speed buff ...

You might want to add that they outright refused to comment on Dark Sectors before they actually have something concrete :)

5 minutes ago, clemza said:

If it becomes a portal it will be anoying and force people to follow you until you cast the skill and if you are behind then nobody will get the speed buff ...

Yes, please, I hate it when Volt's speed is forced on me.

Edited by Lijka

As great as most of the things this Devstream are, I'm worried about the whole rotating nodes with the new starchart thing. The first time DE mentioned rotating mission nodes and how the removal of player choice would be better for the game in the long run, they received a huge backlash which caused them to completely rethink how the new map would work, and now it turns out they're back to the rotating nodes idea? And while having more nodes than active missions? How about instead of having fewer active missions, they just keep the number of nodes and missions equal, or if they're Hellbent on decreasing the number of nodes, do what players have suggested: Make it so each planet has enough nodes for each mission type, as well as having a drop-down menu to choose the difficulty of that mission.

8 minutes ago, clemza said:

No please :l My build is full range so i can give the speed to my frame mates ...

There were a couple ideas rolling around for this.

Basically, the main idea is, sometimes players don't want the Speed boost, and resent having it forced on them. The devs want to implement a way of making the buff optional for players.

Steve came up with a solution on the spot to make it similar to Limbo's Banish - it works the same way it does now, but players have the option of dodge rolling to cancel out of it if they don't want it. That seems like an acceptable solution to me, and preferable to the one proposed above.

10 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Mesa's Peacemakers scaling with pistol mods?

DE, you are the real MVP.

It's better than nothing But you are still immobilized and it still costs 15 energy /sec (highest cost of any power in the game).

It should works Like's Ivara's Ultimate Cost per shot and Moblie

Interesting part was Steves answer to cosmetic option for operators if they have a bigger role or something of that sort like it won´t be just cosmetic but will have a effect.

We all know what that means right?

The "Grineer" and "Corpus" cosmetic should be enough to guess it at least

Edited by VoidNomade

- Rebecca enters mission with Volt

- Finds Bombard

- Shocks Bombard

- Bombard doesn't get stunned; immediately turns around and blasts her face off

This is by far one of my biggest gripes about Volt, the horribly unreliable CC on Shock (and electric procs in general). It's really a shame that nothing was done about this.

5 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

As great as most of the things this Devstream are, I'm worried about the whole rotating nodes with the new starchart thing. The first time DE mentioned rotating mission nodes and how the removal of player choice would be better for the game in the long run, they received a huge backlash which caused them to completely rethink how the new map would work, and now it turns out they're back to the rotating nodes idea? And while having more nodes than active missions? How about instead of having fewer active missions, they just keep the number of nodes and missions equal, or if they're Hellbent on decreasing the number of nodes, do what players have suggested: Make it so each planet has enough nodes for each mission type, as well as having a drop-down menu to choose the difficulty of that mission.

This RNG Node thing is a terrible Idea, why would you prevent people from going where they want and force them top play nodes they want nothing to do with ?

People will leave the game, why they can't see this is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

It's better than nothing But you are still immobilized and it still costs 15 energy /sec (highest cost of any power in the game).

It should works Like's Ivara's Ultimate Cost per shot and Moblie

That part never really bothered me, my build manages to get a reasonable amount of time out of Peacemakers.

Having them all become Exalted weapons seemed kinda boring as well.

1 minute ago, (PS4)adamlovesrachael said:

The banshee skin looks nice, but like others have said it looks heavy. The concept had more of a goth/tech look. I'll still grab it, in 2017 when consoles get the update...:/ lol

I think the body is fine. It´s the skirt i don´t like. But i don´t like ANY skirt in warframe. Sometimes i think they fear butts or sexy curves.

Still no Zephyr announcement...

Yep... I'm done with this game, It's not worth it waiting for something that should've happened 2 updates ago. They completely forgot about the only fun frame in this game. (And Banshee)

I'm going to play smash bros or something.

thanks once again Bunny, not sure how you had the time after such a busy Easter!

loving all of this, Volt's rework sounds amazing, and I love the idea of those Syndicate mods for weapons. finally we will have a real reason to bring out the Saw blade Launchers! and Mesa's Peacemaker getting scaled! THEY LISTENED! THANKYOU! now Mesa will be perfect for gunslingers everywhere!

The new syndicate weapon augment mods look really interesting. The one of the Miter and Panthera are intriguing, although I think the Miter, and it's augment, are the much better weapon/mod of the two. Overall the volt revamp also looks really good. Scaling damage, more reliable cc with actual duration to it. Nice synergy with Shock, some improvements to speed... honestly this sounds like Scott did a good job of figuring out how to keep Volt mostly as people like him, while still making him scale/handle the end game better. I'm looking forward to all of these updates. 

What about the lore and role of the F$%^&ing warframes? I'm getting sick of the operators. 

• This led to a desire to make a single entity that controlled all of these characters to dispel the cognitive disconnect associated with playing multiple characters

What if a lot of players are ok with the "cognitive disconnect associated with playing multiple characters?"  I am sure I am jumping the gun and that they will flesh out the lore behind the warframes, but I don't even want to hear ANY talk about my decrepit Tenno kid hiding in my ship until I find out more about my beloved warframes.  That's all :)

The problem of Banshee new aesthetics doesn't end for me in being only thick while supposing to be agile and fast, it looks so.. inconsistent. Generally wide and heavy body and thin arms and legs. The stockings that should be tight but look folded. Silly little garters (right word?). All this thematic things that are too obvious related to sound effects. This all look vulgar.

And does she wear a butt push-up?

aFmKf8b.png 

1 minute ago, texrei said:

The problem of Banshee new aesthetics doesn't end for me in being only thick while supposing to be agile and fast, it looks so.. inconsistent. Generally wide and heavy body and thin arms and legs. The stockings that should be tight but look folded. Silly little garters (right word?). All this thematic things that are too obvious related to sound effects. This all look vulgar.

And does she wear a butt push-up?

aFmKf8b.png 

Not gonna lie. Im loving Banshee showing some thigh. lol Im hoping they let her keep her high boots. Instant buy for me. lol