Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #72 Overview

AM-Bunny

1 hour ago, (PS4)adamlovesrachael said:

Banshee & Ember

Rofl.

1 hour ago, VoidNomade said:

It was a great decision that they were able to adjust to critic.

I don´t really know in which context your sentence though is when you firstly said they don´t wanted to do "perfect" designs for them and then argue that they do perfect designs for them. Kinda confused who you mean with this, the designers or the viewers.

There isn´t a "variety" though in the field of negative attitude when many people pointing out exactly one single thing in an design. 

And that also isn´t the first time as you already mentioned with chroma.

I didn't argue anywhere that they do perfect designs, the opposite in fact. I've also said that generally people seek perfection in video games - which can potentially be a problem like here - while in this case the designers have tried to move away from that view.

Variety - that's still going to be people's opinions, regardless of whether they focus on one point about it or not. That's irrelevant. It again falls into what I've said about people generally looking for some sort of perfection, if there's going to be something which clearly stands out and goes against that view of course people are going to latch onto that. You don't need variety in negative opinions and because they're repeating themselves that still doesn't mean it's any more right. I'm just saying that some people are going to like the design, some people are not. Just because the latter is more vocal that doesn't validate their claims and neither does it invalidate the other portions feelings.

Uh... I can't really recall a time when they've backed down in regards to artistic design apart from Chroma's incident. Was there another I've forgotten?

Edited by Naith

So DE is moving forward into turning this game into high school drama..... Fine i just ignore ever single damn quest to be spared from all that S#&$. I have barely gotten rid of all the damn dead horse glue from the second dream.

I had it with all the forsaken child and child soldier stories on repeat. F*** i had it with those 15 years ago.

Other then the god awful damn S#&$ty npc taking up space space in my liset the devstream at last had some useful tidbits. 

People complaining about Banshee being too "fat" need to look up what "fat" really is when it defines a person by weight. She's thicker than your average frame, yes, but she's always had hips, they were just obscured by armor. This skin is no more than what would be considered curvaceous. ...These must be the same people who try and say Beyoncé is fat, when the reality is, they're just not used to seeing a woman with some meat on her bones, and are too accustomed to the Runway Model niche of being nigh anorexic to achieve "beauty".

And no, this isn't me simply defending Banshee because I play and enjoy the frame, I'd be in the same position if it were any other frame. No one complains when male frames are all sorts of masculine. No one complains about Saryn having hooker heels. So what the hell is the issue with a frame that's only just breaking in to the definition of 'thick'? It's fine if people don't like it, everyone is entitled to their own tastes and beliefs of what is appealing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But if you're going to badmouth something, at least throw some tact behind it people, "she's fat" is unrealistic in every definition of the word. And if you don't like it, you don't need to speak as if though your opinion is thee word of god, for crying out loud. Move on to another skin/frame and stop whining. I didn't like the new Valkyr skin at all. You know what I did? I didn't use it, I continued enjoying the frame, and I didn't say a word on the forums. That's literally all you have to do, no more, no less, end of story.

7 minutes ago, Neuria said:

People complaining about Banshee being too "fat" need to look up what "fat" really is when it defines a person by weight. She's thicker than your average frame, yes, but she's always had hips, they were just obscured by armor. This skin is no more than what would be considered curvaceous. ...These must be the same people who try and say Beyoncé is fat, when the reality is, they're just not used to seeing a woman with some meat on her bones, and are too accustomed to the Runway Model niche of being nigh anorexic to achieve "beauty".

And no, this isn't me simply defending Banshee because I play and enjoy the frame, I'd be in the same position if it were any other frame. No one complains when male frames are all sorts of masculine. No one complains about Saryn having hooker heels. So what the hell is the issue with a frame that's only just breaking in to the definition of 'thick'? It's fine if people don't like it, everyone is entitled to their own tastes and beliefs of what is appealing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But if you're going to badmouth something, at least throw some tact behind it people, "she's fat" is unrealistic in every definition of the word. And if you don't like it, you don't need to speak as if though your opinion is thee word of god, for crying out loud. Move on to another skin/frame and stop whining. I didn't like the new Valkyr skin at all. You know what I did? I didn't use it, I continued enjoying the frame, and I didn't say a word on the forums. That's literally all you have to do, no more, no less, end of story.

Well said!

I don't play Banshee. I have no opinion on her, but I have to say: She does look sorta thicker than the regular one.

Is this bad or good? I don't really know? I guess in a way it's not following the character's established physique which could make some people angry. That could be one thing. It could also be that DE is going Social Extremist like almost every studio out there and all female bodies will turn from athletic to no-exercise-at-all bodies since they've been showing signs of this for a while. It could also mean that the community has a problem with some guys having crazy standards on the female shape. Maybe some of them are so hell bent on going against these extremists that they carry that hate to every aspect of their lives.

What I really think is an issue... is the fact that this is turning into Ender's Game with child drama and possibly romance just to wrap up on the crappy story trends of these days. Why are people discussing Banshee when DE insists on the teen drama?

2 hours ago, N64Gamefreak said:

I don't suppose DE addressed the punitive crafting requirements for players who want to build War while keeping Broken-War?

They made no mention of it. Although if I'm understanding you, hasn't this issue been addressed for some time?

Broken War's crafting requirements have been changed to require one War Hilt and two War Blades. The Broken War bp drops from Shadow Stalker, and the pieces drop from Conculysts.

AXQeEVp.jpgKLtedHA.jpg

Edited by AM-Bunny

8 hours ago, OvAeons said:

i really do not liike that banshee skin >.> concept looks 10000x better.

also typo on "customization's" on line six of text Z not S

I agree with you slightly. I like the way it came out, but the concept art was much nice as it was much thinner, streamlined, less fat, better-accented boobs and over better look to the female shape. I like the concept art over 1 billion x more as it actually made banshee really fcking sexy, but right now I'm teetering on the edge of fine, and not so fine with the skin that we're going to get.

I think people still don't quite understand the concept of these deluxe skins. They're supposed to be different, that's their purpose. They bring a new aesthetic to the frame. 
Or are you going to say Trinity Strega has the same body & theme than original? Valkyr? Saryn? Oberon? Why aren't you all complaining about those?
I absolutely love the new skin, and I'm sure a lot more people do, and will get it. But that's because I see it for what it is: a different take on a already consolidated frame aesthetic. if you want a "improved" skin, that's what primes are for.

Edit: The fact you guys are completely disregarding the artistic side of it all because she looks "fat" and "not sexy enough" is just sad, sad, sad...
Edit 2: I feel bad for Mynki, spending so much time working on something and then getting this kind of shallow feedback. ;w;

Edited by AntifaHooligan

7 hours ago, DxAdder said:

This RNG Node thing is a terrible Idea, why would you prevent people from going where they want and force them top play nodes they want nothing to do with ?

People will leave the game, why they can't see this is beyond me.

yep :(

20 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

They made no mention of it. Although if I'm understanding you, hasn't this issue been addressed for some time?

Broken War's crafting requirements have been changed to require one War Hilt and two War Blades. The Broken War bp drops from Shadow Stalker, and the pieces drop from Conculysts.

Reveal hidden contents

AXQeEVp.jpgKLtedHA.jpg

Right, it's Broken-War that requires two blades and a hilt to craft, despite those being the exact components of War itself.  For 3½ months, DE first gave us no option other than a 595 plat bundle to simultaneously own War and Broken-War.  Now, they so generously force us to farm both War's blueprint AND Broken-War's blueprint from Stalker's bloated drop table.  How is that not punitive?

1 minute ago, N64Gamefreak said:

Right, it's Broken-War that requires two blades and a hilt to craft, despite those being the exact components of War itself.  For 3½ months, DE first gave us no option other than a 595 plat bundle to simultaneously own War and Broken-War.  Now, they so generously force us to farm both War's blueprint AND Broken-War's blueprint from Stalker's bloated drop table.  How is that not punitive?

By punitive, you mean it's a punishment, right?

Initially, it was impossible to obtain both weapons simultaneously without buying the pack. Now, it's possible. I don't see how that's a punishment at all, it sounds like an improvement.

Okay, sure, it sucks that Shadow Stalker drops both, but you still have the option of buying the pack if you don't feel like farming him.

If you're asking for another method of obtaining Broken War, it was suggested by Steve that it will drop as Sortie rewards at some point.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Why do I see Sasuke, Katara, Sokka and Katara's dad (forgot his name), Azula, and Zuko in the hair options?

life was great in the Orokin Empire, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Looking back at the stream, I'm noticing that Rebecca casting Shock through Electric Shield caused it to gain a visual of more electricity flowing around it. A possible synergy they forgot to mention?

1 hour ago, AntifaHooligan said:

I think people still don't quite understand the concept of these deluxe skins. They're supposed to be different, that's their purpose. They bring a new aesthetic to the frame. 
Or are you going to say Trinity Strega has the same body & theme than original? Valkyr? Saryn? Oberon? Why aren't you all complaining about those?
I absolutely love the new skin, and I'm sure a lot more people do, and will get it. But that's because I see it for what it is: a different take on a already consolidated frame aesthetic. if you want a "improved" skin, that's what primes are for.

Edit: The fact you guys are completely disregarding the artistic side of it all because she looks "fat" and "not sexy enough" is just sad, sad, sad...
Edit 2: I feel bad for Mynki, spending so much time working on something and then getting this kind of shallow feedback. ;w;

Thing is-those skins are quite correct to how concept feels and looks. Take a look again at banshee concept and final version of skin, there only little resembles, nothing more.
De FAILED hard with loki skin, it look nothing like concept, and they doing it again with banshee, despite all the feedback that was given after reveal of model in T-pose. How can they make a great skins that actually looks like concepts with oberon, trinity and rhino and then make an utter failure-banshee and loki? It's simple-just follow the idea of concept and you'll be fine.
Oberon skin-looks like concept, feels like it just 3d model of original concept and PEOPLE LIKE IT, even if they don't like oberon as a frame.
I don't feel bad for him at all, it's his job to please us, and we know that he CAN do it. If you show concept and result looks like concept-players are happy, if it doesn't-players aren't happy, simple as that.

Edited by Hekovashi

40 minutes ago, Hekovashi said:

Thing is-those skins are quite correct to how concept feels and looks. Take a look again at banshee concept and final version of skin, there only little resembles, nothing more.
De FAILED hard with loki skin, it look nothing like concept, and they doing it again with banshee, despite all the feedback that was given after reveal of model in T-pose. How can they make a great skins that actually looks like concepts with oberon, trinity and rhino and then make an utter failure-banshee and loki? It's simple-just follow the idea of concept and you'll be fine.
Oberon skin-looks like concept, feels like it just 3d model of original concept and PEOPLE LIKE IT, even if they don't like oberon as a frame.
I don't feel bad for him at all, it's his job to please us, and we know that he CAN do it. If you show concept and result looks like concept-players are happy, if it doesn't-players aren't happy, simple as that.

Just because you're not pleased, doesn't mean everyone is. There's a large majority that likes the skin, and believe it flows well with the character. Please do not add these invisible majorities to bolster your points; the most popular negative opinion on Banshee is that she's "too fat", you're actually the first I've heard try to say the new concept doesn't follow the original.

Firstly, consider the name Banshee. It's a spirit in Irish mythology that's commonly depicted with feminine features and a tattered dress. ...Now look at the new skin, anything ringing for you yet? Banshee is a frame based on sound, look at her headgear; even the devs joke about her being a DJ at times. If you ask me, I think her new skin fits her original concept just fine.

P.S. - You can't please everyone, but I think he did his job well enough if so many enjoy it.

Edited by Neuria

31 minutes ago, Neuria said:

Just because you're not pleased, doesn't mean everyone is. There's a large majority that likes the skin, and believe it flows well with the character. Please do not add these invisible majorities to bolster your points; the most popular negative opinion on Banshee is that she's "too fat", you're actually the first I've heard try to say the new concept doesn't follow the original.

Firstly, consider the name Banshee. It's a spirit in Irish mythology that's commonly depicted with feminine features and a tattered dress. ...Now look at the new skin, anything ringing for you yet? Banshee is a frame based on sound, look at her headgear; even the devs joke about her being a DJ at times. If you ask me, I think her new skin fits her original concept just fine.

P.S. - You can't please everyone, but I think he did his job well enough if so many enjoy it.

I think they're actually referring to the source art for Banshee's deluxe skin and how the in-game model differs from that, not her normal model.

44 minutes ago, Neuria said:

There was a HUGE thread when DE showed up this skin and i have to say that majority of people who reply there wasn't please at all. Ther was suggestion in terms of how to improve this skin, like really good ones, even photoshopped version that looks WAY batter that what was showed up in this devstream and actually looks like concept. DE learns nothing from it, they change almost nothing either and it's a shame, coz another loki deluxe incoming. Less players happy with skin-less DE's income from it, why DE wanna reduce their own income by being stubborn? It can be uterelly be avoided by simple following the concept...but nah, who need that.

Don't DARE to tell that skin follow original concept, just don't.

Spoiler

z2TRtGw.png

n0EHh9i.jpg

Z5S7ImL.png

hzIjwlh.png

Edited by Hekovashi

2 minutes ago, Hekovashi said:

There was a HUGE thread when DE showed up this skin and i have to say that majority of people who reply there wasn't please at all. Ther was suggestion in terms of how to improve this skin, like really good ones, even photoshopped version that looks WAY batter that what was showed up in this devstream and actually looks like concept. DE learns nothing from it, they change almost nothing either and it's a shame, coz another loki deluxe incoming. Less players happy with skin-less DE's income from it, why DE wanna reduce their own income by being stubborn? It can be uterelly be avoided by simple following the concept...but nah, who need that.

Don't DARE to tell that skin follow original concept, just don't.

Reveal hidden contents

z2TRtGw.png

n0EHh9i.jpg

Z5S7ImL.png

Miscommunication. I thought you meant from her original frame concept game wise, not the skin itself.

Anyway, it looks pretty much the same, only difference is the arm piece, dress decal, and that she's not standing tip-toe. They didn't change her legs, head, or dress otherwise. And honestly, I only ever saw people praise the skin, with a few skeptical posts, and then a minority of people who are just straight-up hard to please to begin with. I'd hardly call that a majority. If such a vast majority of people hated the skin, it wouldn't of made it this far.

2 minutes ago, Neuria said:

Miscommunication. I thought you meant from her original frame concept game wise, not the skin itself.

Anyway, it looks pretty much the same, only difference is the arm piece, dress decal, and that she's not standing tip-toe. They didn't change her legs, head, or dress otherwise. And honestly, I only ever saw people praise the skin, with a few skeptical posts, and then a minority of people who are just straight-up hard to please to begin with. I'd hardly call that a majority. If such a vast majority of people hated the skin, it wouldn't of made it this far.

To be quite honest, the only difference between the Concept of both skins is Banshee's thicker thighs and edited arm (which honestly looks better in my opinion, as it complements her helm much more), while the Loki Knaive skin only has the tiny ponytail-esque thing gone. That's it.

What's exactly the big deal? Their both amazing looking skins. If anything could be improved, I'd just say Banshee should be standing more on her tip-toes, yet it really is just me nit-picking.

Just now, Neuria said:

Concept looks very thin, ingame model doesn't. Dress is just a disaster, only colors and overall silhouette somewhat correct, maybe. Maybe i'm am blind or something.

In other hand recent oberon skin looks EXACT THE SAME as concept, 1:1, and for me he seems like harder to model.

Spoiler

WBBZAbq.jpg

lfwd8yy.jpg

Uz9RPxu.jpg

Banshee skin is a failure, that he should be ashamed off. But he should be proud about oberon, or saryn, or trin, or rhino.