Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thinking on Mesa: after seeing the coming changes

DoctorWild

Hi guys,

so Mesa is going to get an upgrade on peacemaker, thinking that that would bring new popolarity to that frame, maybe it works maybe not (probably yes, but who know). Mesa came with an aimbot which brought a nice DPS on a large number of enemyes and trivializing defense missions. But what made me like her was more her other skills, but I also liked her 4th, didn't spam like others but the fact that I hit a large number of enemyes without aiming and her cool animations, was quite appealing.

What I was thinking? That maybe just adding DPS to her actual 4th skill, wasn't going to remade her the popular frame which she was. My thought was that maybe DE should consider to rechange the mechanic of her final, as it is now it's sort of muffled.

What do you think? DPS is just enough for renew Mesa?

To say the truth, I thought that the problem was just eliminate the afking-element, something sort of aim once (without shotting) the enemyes, they get marked like ash (blue-aura, because I miss creativity) and then shoot them ignoring unmaked units. So something like: Hold 4key, marks your enemyes, and release to start shooting. The act of marking will require aiming with your mouse if this wasn't clear.

Your thoughts?

Make. Her. Move.

Shameless plug.

I'm a goddam @#&*~

But seriously, it would fix so many things. Like I dunno. 

Her Idling.

Turreting.

The Ridiculous Vulnerability. (Warframe rewards mobility)

Fun. (Press 4 and win hurr.)

God forbid we make a warframe FUN.

Honestly I was disappointed at how the change to "aiming" was just "target the general area and let the aimbot kill things for you", it surely fixed the whole "press 4 and hold a key to kill everything in sight", but it didn't really make it any better or enjoyable, and then just kept the drawbacks which were unnecessary by then.

And that was just the only time I felt as disappointed because of the potential in Mesa to be a rather enjoyable frame (much like Ivara later succeeds in doing so), but keeps getting rather conservative changes, and I was in favor of Mesa being able to aim, but what it got was "face the general area and hold the button" and that wasn't the aiming that I had in mind, not the aiming I was voting for. And again I felt somewhat disappointed when the only change (base stats aside) to her power, that was mentioned, was to just add Secondary mods for scaling an no mention about energy drain changes, or if she will be able to move, or if the aimbot will go, which IMO, the aimbot has to go, because the aimbot completely removes the gunplay out of her guns, which is rather ironic considering her theme.

Back on her release, Mesa was one of my favourite frames (the first I threw plat at the screen on day 1 because I was that excited), and went up to being my second most used frame, not because of Peacemaker, but for the whole skillset, though I always found Peacemaker to not being a fun power, and I wanted something fun out of that, improvements, but rather than that the changes were so conservative that it kept what didn't let it be as enjoyable, and honestly, I grew bored of having a pistol based frame that doesn't give me an enjoyable gunplay with her own guns, if it only improves my regular guns, anyone will do. They need to pull an Excal on her, not just minor tweaks.
Ivara as come, she put the gunplay on her power perfectly, not a regular bow but a bow that offers something unique, that's what Mesa needs, not an aimbot.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl