The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Rework (Straw poll)

AKKILLA

While I like all the support for Ash and the flood of ideas that are consistently rolling, I feel like DE doesn't even notice or if they have, doesn't care. I mean, did anyone in the forums come up with the idea for a WoF version of BS? Not that I have seen. If they did, I must have missed that post (and I tend to read just about every Ash post I see, even if I think it's terrible). So, my point is, I feel like we passionate few who are so concerned with the upcoming changes to Mr. Space Ninja, are taking the time and spouting all of these worthwhile notions and DE doesn't even listen/utilize any of them or even acknowledge that they have seen it... then, what's the point? Why are we even doing their work for them? Let them make their inevitable and horrible changes (mistakes) to him and (the game) make the entire community angry and force some/many to leave the game entirely (as usually happens).

In this summer of downtime (as no new/very few AAA titles are releasing) and with the looming and awesome lineup coming in the fall/winter, this would be the time for DE to step it up and make sure that they grow/maintain a good foothold on their player base while they have this (relatively) unchallenged period of time. Let's hope that DE shakes things up a bunch and Tenno Con is more exciting/fruitful than anyone can imagine and that they really knock it out of the park. Otherwise, it would be back to things as usual (in terms of the evolution of the game) and Warframe's update model would remain as predictable (and awful) as a CW show.

Sorry for being such a downer on your post, but the flaws and uninspired-ness of this game are really starting to weigh on me and the overall thrill is steadily fading. I would love to hope for the best without preparing for the worst, but I haven't seen anything from this game that would make me not consider/disavow the secondary edge (aka DE's Catch 22 Design Policy. For everything they fix, they break an equal amount). I hate having to be the one to say this, because I really like this game and many of the different aspect about it, but I know that I'm not the only one thinking it. Honestly, the only thing keeping me logging in is building items from the foundry and the company of those I am grouped with, other than that, I barely play or even desire to. 

Here's to hoping "The War Within" is absolutely mind-blowing, but I (of course) have my fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

While I like all the support for Ash and the flood of ideas that are consistently rolling, I feel like DE doesn't even notice or if they have, doesn't care. I mean, did anyone in the forums come up with the idea for a WoF version of BS? Not that I have seen. If they did, I must have missed that post (and I tend to read just about every Ash post I see, even if I think it's terrible). So, my point is, I feel like we passionate few who are so concerned with the upcoming changes to Mr. Space Ninja, are taking the time and spouting all of these worthwhile notions and DE doesn't even listen/utilize any of them or even acknowledge that they have seen it... then, what's the point? Why are we even doing their work for them? Let them make their inevitable and horrible changes (mistakes) to him and (the game) make the entire community angry and force some/many to leave the game entirely (as usually happens).

In this summer of downtime (as no new/very few AAA titles are releasing) and with the looming and awesome lineup coming in the fall/winter, this would be the time for DE to step it up and make sure that they grow/maintain a good foothold on their player base while they have this (relatively) unchallenged period of time. Let's hope that DE shakes things up a bunch and Tenno Con is more exciting/fruitful than anyone can imagine and that they really knock it out of the park. Otherwise, it would be back to things as usual (in terms of the evolution of the game) and Warframe's update model would remain as predictable (and awful) as a CW show.

Sorry for being such a downer on your post, but the flaws and uninspired-ness of this game are really starting to weigh on me and the overall thrill is steadily fading. I would love to hope for the best without preparing for the worst, but I haven't seen anything from this game that would make me not consider/disavow the secondary edge (aka DE's Catch 22 Design Policy. For everything they fix, they break an equal amount). I hate having to be the one to say this, because I really like this game and many of the different aspect about it, but I know that I'm not the only one thinking it. Honestly, the only thing keeping me logging in is building items from the foundry and the company of those I am grouped with, other than that, I barely play or even desire to. 

Here's to hoping "The War Within" is absolutely mind-blowing, but I (of course) have my fingers crossed.

You have a very good point and TBH thats why You are My brother even if we are on seperate platforms we see eye to eye in alot concerning Ash

We are both consistant and passionate Ash fans that stick to our ideologies with Conviction.

I have followed You as well as you have me and I support You as well as you do support Me.

I cant stand the fact that I spend alot of time (Not anymore I have work) researching and speaking to others about Ash and ideas to Perfect his entire Kit, ideas for secondary helmets or Tennogen skins, Ash Ash Ash is all Im about. Ash paved the way for Me to fall in love with Warfrae period.

Even Hydroid which I hate how he works I have grown to Love him, Limbo too. I love Warframe as a whole even the ones I dont touch. DE are overwhelmed with soo much ideas and opinions that they tend to skim thru and ignore specifics to certain threads.

It pisses Me off that I aint getting paid for this thread and all my time and ideas are just gone to waste to argue and create a toxic environment with player base due to opposing ideas, people are allowed to voice them selves yet the forums have become an MMA arena of ideas.

I myself have become quiet salty and TBH i only blame DE for even making the forums, why post our ideas when yall really dont give a Crap about how we feel?

Your precious Founders matter more to You? What if Everyone decides to stop playing Warframe, tghere are a plethora of Founders who wasted money and dont play this game I can name one but I wont, he is in My clan and he hasnt played since 2 yrs ago and thats just sad

I honestly mite leave warframe if Ash is ruined Im already thinking of Over Watch

DE are really disappointing Me, Ok dont give us the Stance Blade Storm. Atleast give us the Smoke Screen we Need!

Pleasing everyone is what theyre tryna accomplish then they need to listen or I want My money back, thats the only reason Im still here.

Ive invested alot of cash aswell as time

8 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

You have a very good point and TBH thats why You are My brother even if we are on seperate platforms we see eye to eye in alot concerning Ash

We are both consistant and passionate Ash fans that stick to our ideologies with Conviction.

I have followed You as well as you have me and I support You as well as you do support Me.

I cant stand the fact that I spend alot of time (Not anymore I have work) researching and speaking to others about Ash and ideas to Perfect his entire Kit, ideas for secondary helmets or Tennogen skins, Ash Ash Ash is all Im about. Ash paved the way for Me to fall in love with Warfrae period.

Even Hydroid which I hate how he works I have grown to Love him, Limbo too. I love Warframe as a whole even the ones I dont touch. DE are overwhelmed with soo much ideas and opinions that they tend to skim thru and ignore specifics to certain threads.

It pisses Me off that I aint getting paid for this thread and all my time and ideas are just gone to waste to argue and create a toxic environment with player base due to opposing ideas, people are allowed to voice them selves yet the forums have become an MMA arena of ideas.

I myself have become quiet salty and TBH i only blame DE for even making the forums, why post our ideas when yall really dont give a Crap about how we feel?

Your precious Founders matter more to You? What if Everyone decides to stop playing Warframe, tghere are a plethora of Founders who wasted money and dont play this game I can name one but I wont, he is in My clan and he hasnt played since 2 yrs ago and thats just sad

I honestly mite leave warframe if Ash is ruined Im already thinking of Over Watch

DE are really disappointing Me, Ok dont give us the Stance Blade Storm. Atleast give us the Smoke Screen we Need!

Pleasing everyone is what theyre tryna accomplish then they need to listen or I want My money back, thats the only reason Im still here.

Ive invested alot of cash aswell as time

DE doesn't favor founders more than the non founders which is why they invite many people from all 3 platforms to be in the design council which allows the community to help Warframe become a better game.

5 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

DE doesn't favor founders more than the non founders which is why they invite many people from all 3 platforms to be in the design council which allows the community to help Warframe become a better game.

Nice reply, but there is a slight Clout going on in Warframe I wont care to Open that Can of Worms tho 

Spoiler

SIIIIKE!!! (Had to do it xD)

Yea there are people in Warframe who abuse there power and have influence in this community but lets not go any deeper into the Deep Blue Salty Sea.

This is about Ash not Warframe Drama.

Ash is one of the most Hated/Loved Warframes

Obviously his Kits selfish and provides no team buff/cc and Blade Storm is just a Radial Kill steal that further annoys the community of Ash haters.

Its evidently happening and much needed but its not only about Blade Storm, Shuriken, Smoke Screen, and Teleport need some QoL as well but I think DE arent looking into it

I always try to think why do people, like you, ask for the destruction of skills that attack without aiming.

I don't really care what happens with Blade Storm .... I don't rely on it to play Ash because it's too hard to control when it comes to units that resist it. 

I like using it, though, when I want to kill units that are hard to find (i.e. a quick low level mission)

Every single stupid rework idea addresses specifically this single point of view: "Press 4 to win" and  "Aim BOT".

After you shout all of that you come up with "Let me shoot them with my gun or another enhanced weapon".

That's all you people are able to think about. You have NO VISION.

Just of the top of my head (Suggestion):

When Blades Storm is activated, Ash generates a thick smoke cloud around him (with a range equal to Smoke Screen not affected by range) that persists for 5 seconds(affected by duration).

Energy will be consumed as long as this is active. 

The smoke spreading mechanic is similar to Elytron's Core Vent.

Each second the enemies spend in the smoke applies a mark and some form of CC (i.e. Disorientation and Friendly Fire or Weapon Failure) for 5 seconds(not stackable; a new application just refreshes the counter).

When deactivating Blade Storm, clones spawn near the last 18 enemy targets that are marked and attack until the mark is gone or the the target dies. (if the smoke marked 50 enemies only the last 18, chronological, will be targeted by the damage).

A clone's attack will not be extended by a second activation of the ability. The marks should have a changing ID so the clones from a previous ability activation will not target the marks from the latest activation.

Edited by alergiclaprosti

On 2/3/2016 at 4:32 PM, AKKILLA said:

EDITED TITLE: Due to comparisson issues but both Warframes share a slight similarity 

Whats up Tenno

I hope You guys are hungry?

Because today You're in for a Treat!

I have done research for a while in forums and never really made a thread till now this is my second thread.

Soo I figure You guys are Starving and Noone can go fight the forces of Evil on an Empty Stomach! X_X

As the Title Implies that is Your Main Coarse soo I will serve You appetizers (Ash entire kit)  before feeding You the entree.

Without further a due....

PASSIVE:Hemorrhage: Any Slash Slash bProcs dealt by Ash (be it his weapons or his abilities) deal 25% mre damage and last 50% longer

Reveal hidden contents

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ash

Trivia
Ash was the FIRST Warframe that had innate PHYSICAL WEAPONS associated with his frame, in this case his HIDDEN BLADES he uses in his BLADE STORM ability. The second frame with this innate physical weapon was Mesa and her Regulator pistols she uses in her Peacemaker ability

Proof Ashs Blade storm can be a Stance, Ash is a melee focused Frame not a Caster and this would make sense be interactive and fun imo.

Reveal hidden contents

8la9fwH.jpg?1M1hfhGe.jpg?1i7V9Fvq.jpg0k04NvT.jpg?1oqhoFnY.jpg?1sNdDuXo.jpg?10YEoWP3.jpg?1

This is a Comparison of Stance Ultimates Procing Stealth Kill Affinity Bonus but not Bladestorm, tho Bladestorm was Casted Undetected and still I get Rewarded the get 10 kills unalerted Stealth challenge? You get My Logic? This should be taken into account with this Bladestorm concept and Killing enemies undetected will assure You One shot Stealth Kills obviously. Reward Ash players for Killing in Stealth Bladestorm. As You clearly see Exalted Blade waves and Hysteria and Primal Fury Kills in Stealth are OP why would Bladestorm a Stealth Warframes Ultimate cannot benefit from this bonus is Ludacris and thats why stealth is Broken. Bladestorm as I invision it is a Super Stealth Assassination with Shadow Clones so I wanted to implement that into Ash. Seen above One Cast of My Bladestorm achieved all 10 Kills I needed. 

SHURIKEN

Reveal hidden contents

-should scale off of Melee mods for late game damage scaling  

-casting animation is lack luster and we cant see anything but a trajectory, what are we throwing?

-Aesthetic purposes, can we make it appear like a spectered glaive, or exalted glaive as you guys call it?

-Enemies suffering by Shuriken Slash/Bleed DoT Procs can be Free-Teleported to with No Line of Sight as long as the debuff is still active, this state is considered a DEATH MARKS and gives Ash players the incentive to use this in synch with Teleports to move about quickly and execute enemies.

fuuton__rasen_shuriken_by_kubiaxk-d53tc7  Reference of how Shuriken could visually look aesthetically

tumblr_n3gjc3TQIU1sji00bo1_500.gif  Better animation on Casts for Aesthetic purpose and creativity instead of Tesla/Smite Shuriken casts

SMOKE SCREEN

Reveal hidden contents

-AoE Smoke Bomb, that chokes and stuns enemies, opening them to Finisher kills

-The duration is fine, but dont hinder us to sitting in the Cloud, Ash is Lethal and Elusive not a sitting duck, this isnt Cloak arrow (KEEP CURRENT INVISIBILITY MECHANICS)

-Increase the Clouds range a bit for some CC and access to late Window to Smoke Shadow for Allies/Operator/Rescue Hostages

-Enemies inside the smoke cloud are considered under Ashs DEATH MARKS and can be Free-Teleported with No Line of Sight as Shurikens DoT, as long as there are enemies inside the cloud choking. This allows for more Synergy with Ashs kit and allows faster movement in the field. Grants the player more tools to their kit allow CC and quick entry in and out of battle

example of Smoke Screen AoE/CC Choke Cloud shown in video

TELEPORT

Reveal hidden contents

-Free-aim Short range Teleport (SHORT RANGED) maybe 5-10-15m's at most

Free-Aim Smoke Dash Teleport example here

ImpoliteImpressiveBlackrhino.gif

-Smoke Bomb on Targeted Teleports, guaranteeing our Finisher Kills, the smoke bomb only stuns the enemy you targeted

Hope Your still Hungry?

Heres Your Main coarse Tenno!

ADDED SLIGHT CHANGES

BLADE STORM

Reveal hidden contents

Cast animation- Ash summons his shadow clones, lights flicker similar to Stalker/Acolytes then *POOF* disappears within clouds of smoke.

Aesthetic purposes only, a Fan artist (Fulcrvm) designed this as a Oni Helm but we came to the conclusion Ash morphing into this form in Blade storm by being consumed by Dark Void energy is something i wanted to consider it

Hidden Content

-Ash is rendered Invisible in Blade storm while stationary or moving and not attacking and appears visually similar to Grineer Manics invisibility. Energy drains per attack since Ash has a small energy pool, This concept requires You to kill and based off of kills and abilities casted your energy drains.

-Movement speed/parkour capabilities are increased a (%), wall latch drains energy per second.

-Ash may take damage while invisible and not attacking

-When You attack Ash/Clones reveal themselves BREAKING INVISIBILITY emerging from smoke bombs, Ash/Clones attack the same enemy simultaneously. The enemy under attack can only be damaged by Ash and is highlighted in a Red tint as now

-When Ash attacks breaking invisibility he trades for Invincibility as current Bladestorm and deals the same damage as now (Finisher/Slash/Bleed proc) Makes sense because Finisher kill animations Render the Player immune to all damage this meta should work in current Bladestorm iteration 

-Bladestorm scales off of Melee weapon mods (SLASH/FINISHER/ATTACK SPEED mods only) Strictly to Bladestorm damage should keep it balanced from functioning with elemental melee mods etc.Mods like Buzzkill Jagged Edge Rending Strike  function for the Slash damage Bladestorm distributes, Finishing Touch and Covert Lethality for the Finisher Damage

-Bladestorm can attack Manics as well as Bosses (Vor/etc) no more Glitch cam and fire and forget, Hello interactivity

-Casting Shuriken Ash/Clones throw 1 large energy shuriken each (3 shurikens) 

-Enemies hit by shuriken will bleed DoT and Shuriken will spawn 1 clone each enemy hit, attacking the enemy till the DoT is over, the clones deal 25% of Ashs damage

-Enemies under attack by clones may take damage from allies and be killed as a result.

-Smoke Screen provides invis as well as CC for Blade storm, enemies within the AoE Cloud are highlighted in red tint

-Free-aim Teleport range is slightly further and drops small smoke bomb with free-aim teleport as well as targeted teleport

-Kills dismember enemies like any slash weapons do because (Finsher/Slash Damage) He is a NInja why not?

-Stealth Kill Affinity Bonus is achieved in Blade Storm as long as You remain undetected to enemies

-Toggle to activate and reactivate

All Stance Ultimates have combos so this will have combos as well. All the attacks will look and feel fast and elusive Ash/Clones appearing and disappearing from smoke bombs Slashing and striking in an Omnislash style

This idea is influenced from tryna farm regular Ash from Mr.Manic. I was just thinking of how Manics behave, they disappear and reappear and there attacks are swift lethal elusive strikes with dash and small smoke clouds as we know thats how we are able to somewhat detect these pesky creatures location to wp them. Being that we are forced to Farm Regular Ash thru them I wanted to adopt some similarities into Blade storm as well as gather some influence from Stalker in the Casting animation (Lights Flicker) aesthetically since Ash is an Assassin this effect I think would look cool.

BLADE STORM COMBOS

Reveal hidden contents

Assassins Barrage- E, E, E, E, 

Dark Torment- E, E, pause E, E, E, E

Feudal War Cry- E, ^+E, E, E, E, E 

Raging Vengeance- E (Hold)E, E, E, E

Oni's Blood Lust-(Hold momentarily, then release) E

Shadow Betrayal-(During Knee Slide) E

Storm of Dragons-(In Air) E

Crimson Skies-(During Wall Dash) E

Shinobi's Ritual-(Aiming at Downed Enemy) E

Now that I fed Yall the main coarse heres a special treat.... DESSERT!

https://youtu.be/1VXANynY6cA

https://youtu.be/j9ZIryG0Qxg

https://youtu.be/kKofBmviRiI

I think screen shots and videos along with gif's are a nice way of expressing a topic and giving the readers a visual picture soo i wanted to show You this video I came across, now I want you to see how the Grineer Manic acts and functions even tho im sure you are familiar check out how Lethal and Elusive these runts are! Seems similar to a Blade storm soo I wanted to emphasize this concept around them in a way.

Well Thanx for stopping by and I hope You enjoyed Your meal. Hopefully You enjoyed and it was to Your taste. If not atleast know I feed You something healthy and You will have strength to combat the evil forces in the Galaxy Tenno.

Thank You all for your support and feed backs I will link here threads of friends and like minded individuals who share similar concepts about Ash here enjoy!

Reveal hidden contents

Guys go and vote now on this poll Gurpgork made to determine whether the community wants to accept another Weapon/Stance Ultimate whether it be a new Frame or an old one. In this case Ashs Blade Storm. Like or Dislike post Your votes! Thank You Gurpgork

http://strawpoll.me/7404229

Stance Blade Storm ^

http://strawpoll.me/7402832

Weapon Ultimates ^

Stay on Your Guard Tenno!

Soo an Stance Blade Storm isnt good enough but a World on Fire Clone BS is better?

Time Stamp 1:hr exactly

1 hour ago, (XB1)Stage DRGR said:

I don't think they want either one

Not exactly true!

There are folks who dislike aswell as like. Its fine to be different and think its not what Ash should have.

But on the contrary to the disagreement are also facts and an opportunity to in fact Prove one more Stance can fit and work and that in my  strongest opinion is Ashs Blade Storm!

http://www.strawpoll.me/7404229

There is a reason this has been around thanx to My Homie @Gurpgork tbh i think he is not a fan of the Stance Blade Storm idea but he respects the concept and is open minded to it if its creative enough and fits Blade Storms theme.

The Poll is available for you to vote. Every vote counts and although its 103 NO 97 YES its gone up and down but it can keep growing more votes by keeping this around and spreading the word.

Heres where Blade Storm derived from

Spoiler

YVrs2om.gifMemorableGrippingGoshawk.gifbladedancer.gif

We can still have this same style in a Stance form and more control along with more effective utility thru the synergy of his 1st 2nd and 3rd abilities in Blade Storm.

Shuriken is Youre ranged attack (Exalted Shuriken)

Smoke Screen is Youre stealth/Crowd Control utility (AoE Cloud)

Teleport is youre quick takedown/short ranged dash teleport for quick free mobility 

Thats a more better interactive Blade Storm then what we have now and what DE may be thinking (WoF)

4 hours ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

I've been looking for .gifs like this! Nice!

Exactly exemplifies my mindset for a new BS... just with more smoke :P

F'n Awesome!

P.S. Also check out this...

Smoke and dismemberment!

I seriously wanna see enemies diced to Bits by Blade Storm kills.

Doesit make sense? Ash is a Ninja and BS deals Finisher/Slash damage, shouldnt enemies slice to bits?

Nice Visual Gore effect imo

On 2/3/2016 at 4:32 PM, AKKILLA said:

-should scale off of Melee mods for late game damage scaling

It makes no sense for it to scale off melee mods other than the fact that you won't have to build for secondary and primary weapon just for ash. The shuriken is a throwing star and not a throwing melee like the glaive it is more hikou like 

1 hour ago, (XB1)KickassNinja14 said:

It makes no sense for it to scale off melee mods other than the fact that you won't have to build for secondary and primary weapon just for ash. The shuriken is a throwing star and not a throwing melee like the glaive it is more hikou like 

Uuuuh NO!

Shuriken is an ability, Hikou Despair are secondaries get your facts straight

1 minute ago, AKKILLA said:

Uuuuh NO!

Shuriken is an ability, Hikou Despair are secondaries get your facts straight

If anything, Shuriken should scale off, Secondary mods.

Which just gave me a new idea. It could either be added to his passive or just be criteria for each of his (strike-based) abilities... They all scale off of mods (I mean they are all physical attacks, unlike many other frames, Ash doesn't strike with energy or very complex moves or anything else but a weapon). Ash's SS and Teleport (or Smoke Dash as I have renamed/reworked it to be in my thread) would be powered off of Warframe Mods, exclusively, but Shuriken and BS would gain the majority (a small fraction would be taken from Warframe Mods, only if the stats weren't enough scaling off of weapon mods alone while testing/developing) of their strength from corresponding weapon mods (Secondary and Melee).

46 minutes ago, (XB1)KickassNinja14 said:

ummm what. i never confused the two. i just said it should scale off secondary mods and not melee mods because it is more like a throwing star than a glaive

I know i was just messin witchu, Did I not post that in the Post?

I asked if it should scale off Melee or Secondary and since Ash is a melee i thought it be nice to tie it too Melee but Ash is a Ninja and Ninjas are Masters of all weapons soo Blade Storm should scale off Melee and Shuriken off secondary but tbh it be too much and with the recent Passive im loving how Shuriken and all his abilities are functioning

Slash procs are great