Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Migisi - Zephyr Alt Helmet Now on the Steam Workshop!

I like this. It is my favourite Zephyr helmet so far. I like that you have many shapes in it and that it is both hard and soft organic-looking.

If only the body was a bit toned down.

And as others have said, I allso get a Horus-vibe. 

10 hours ago, fredaven said:

amazing sculpt work. the only thing im not a fan of is the side profile. the lack of a chin make it look a bit silly to me. But birds don't have chins so..what to do

I was thinking about doing a bigger protruding beak but it looked really goofy with this design. I wanted it to resemble more like a falcon, since her skill set resembles what falcons do. I kept it a little slimmer like the default helmet with a closed mouth. I also extended the beak into the face more to give it the illusion of it being bigger then it actually is.

This helmet looks beautiful so far, I cannot wait to see how it finishes. Though I have to admit, the lighting in the picture makes the profile picture look kind of funny, like there is a hole in the helmet acting as a mouth. Out of curiosity, may we see what it looks like from behind as well?

32 minutes ago, Esorono said:

This helmet looks beautiful so far, I cannot wait to see how it finishes. Though I have to admit, the lighting in the picture makes the profile picture look kind of funny, like there is a hole in the helmet acting as a mouth. Out of curiosity, may we see what it looks like from behind as well?

Thanks. Do you mean the lighting underneath the beak? It's pretty flat underneath, so its creating a really harsh shadow. I don't know how it'll look in Tennogen. I'm not too worried about that though.

I haven't worked on the back yet, will do that next.

8 minutes ago, KWANi said:

Thanks. Do you mean the lighting underneath the beak? It's pretty flat underneath, so its creating a really harsh shadow. I don't know how it'll look in Tennogen. I'm not too worried about that though.

I haven't worked on the back yet, will do that next.

Yep, that is what I meant, it took me a few seconds to understand what I was looking at. And I cannot wait to see it, and how the colors work out on it. Though just looking at this I know I will vote for it.

@Esorono

Thanks! I'm trying to really put in a lot of detail to make it worth putting in the game.

@Espelonia

Glad you like it so far! I have them located on the side but I'm hoping that wouldn't be a problem for them since all the helmets except one have the free flowing parts in the back. Still not sure what I'll be doing in the back yet. I want to make sure I'm satisfied with the front before continuing. I'm hoping to be done with the front in the next couple days.

Edited by KWANi

On 4/12/2016 at 8:34 PM, TrickshotMcGee said:

Someone needs to make a skin to match this. It will get all my money. 

If I get good reviews/rating with this helmet on Steam I'll do a body skin to go with it. I want to make sure it'll be worth my time since I have a bunch of other ideas in my head I want to work on.

Edited by KWANi

I love the new details you've added. This piece is really coming together!

The only part I don't like is the flat cutoff of the plumage in the back, and the way that it's all part of one large silhouette. Personally I'd like if they were separated, or if the back edge were just broken up a little. Would you mind also showing off the back view?

@Syncrasis

Thanks a lot!

I was wondering a lot about the angles of the silhouette too but I'm pretty happy with it.  The big shapes will help break up the eye from all the detail in the front. A lot of her angles around her forearms and legs are pretty straight and angular when you look at them. I already address breaking it up with additional feathers and adding more volume since it was looking a little flat on the top, just haven't posted the update for it yet. That area you addressed is going to be untintable so I added another layer for those reasons. I still have to work on the back yet but I'm thinking of jet exhausts like the Cizero helmet.

Edited by KWANi

• 1 month later...