Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Syandana] Nekros Viscera Syandana (Now in the Workshop)

VISCERA Nekros Syandana

Now up in the Steam Workshop!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=663346494

tumblr_o5g9y7wHX31qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5g9y7wHX31qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

Original starter post:

Spoiler

tumblr_o52t4m5oFU1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o52t4m5oFU1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

So I'm most of the way done with the high poly on the middle pieces... but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a good idea to make it a standard syandana instead of a Mortos replacement (just the center two pieces!). I'm not so sure anymore! What do you guys think?

Edited by Syncrasis

While it's compatibility with the other infested syandana might have to go, making it a standalone syandana for general use would be totally awesome. It's really cool lookin, even without color.

(That, and the fact that it seems like it'd be more easily accepted if it's not locked to our resident bonedaddy.)

On 4/5/2016 at 7:58 PM, KaraOgata said:

While it's compatibility with the other infested syandana might have to go, making it a standalone syandana for general use would be totally awesome. It's really cool lookin, even without color.

(That, and the fact that it seems like it'd be more easily accepted if it's not locked to our resident bonedaddy.)

I'm basing the proportions of this on the original Mortos syandana, any problems Iliac has with Mortos, this one will too. Just checked in-game though... if Nekros stands straight up, this will fall on either side of it.

I thiiiink I'm gonna stick with it being a Nekros-only piece. The more I consider it, the more this feels right, even if it's not wearable on every single frame... thing is, it's just strands of infestation and might look a little lame as a syandana on its own. I can always make more syandanas, either way haha. Glad you're liking the detail!!

On 4/6/2016 at 8:55 PM, LordOfScrugging said:

Only issue is i don't think DE will accept a syandana meant specifically for one frame. It has to be usable on ALL frames.

A friend of mine inquired about this, actually. They were told that single Warframe syandanas were fine, so I'm gonna go ahead and take the risk. It seems like it would be even easier to work with... no need to custom-fit it to every existing and future Warframe model. If it ends up not being the case I'll re-fit it to a generic attachment. Thanks for the heads up though, you are correct that they haven't said anything publicly about it. Wish they would!

Bit of progress:

tumblr_o58qq6JMkP1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

8 minutes ago, KWANi said:

Did DE say anything about your other syandana? They practically used your idea for the weapons they just put in lol

They haven't, but I don't expect them to even if they were inspired by my ideas. I just love seeing more infested stuff in the game lol

The Toxocyst headshot thing is adorable

49 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

Have you considered making an infested skin to go with the binds, Kaz? It wouldn't be easy to do well, but I think it would be possible.

I'd love to. I'm not sure if infested SKINS are acceptable lore-wise... but I've actually started messing around with a... sort of really organic style skin that I may continue with if it starts looking better than it currently does lolol

Hm, maybe another thing for the sketches/crit thread!

3 hours ago, Syncrasis said:

I'd love to. I'm not sure if infested SKINS are acceptable lore-wise... but I've actually started messing around with a... sort of really organic style skin that I may continue with if it starts looking better than it currently does lolol

Hm, maybe another thing for the sketches/crit thread!

It would be great if DE could have a tennogen Q and A or simply state the things that they are not okay with. Seems to mostly be radio silence...

On 4/7/2016 at 8:57 PM, Syncrasis said:

-snip-

Oh I figured it would have the same issues as the original, I was talking about it's ability to go into the aux slot instead of the syandana slot, but if you're keeping it Nekros-only, then I would gladly ignore clipping. I was mostly worried about frame-specific syandana being unacceptable, but if they'll take it, then I'd say go for it OuO

It just keeps looking better, by the way! There are some bits that look like the Ichor blades, and they look wicked. The bubbly bits are nasty, kinda hope they're a little luminescent. Glowing pus for the win. OwO

40 minutes ago, KaraOgata said:

Oh I figured it would have the same issues as the original, I was talking about it's ability to go into the aux slot instead of the syandana slot, but if you're keeping it Nekros-only, then I would gladly ignore clipping. I was mostly worried about frame-specific syandana being unacceptable, but if they'll take it, then I'd say go for it OuO

It just keeps looking better, by the way! There are some bits that look like the Ichor blades, and they look wicked. The bubbly bits are nasty, kinda hope they're a little luminescent. Glowing pus for the win. OwO

Ohh I misunderstood! Yeah I'm hoping they'll accept it. And thanks so much! I loooooove gross pussy wiggly squirmy stuff. Those bubbles I DO plan on making glow >:D

I'm done with my hipoly now!!! Can't wait to wrap this guy up :D

tumblr_o5c4u3kpI81qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5c4u3kpI81qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5c4u3kpI81qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

Ehehe!!

2 hours ago, (XB1)UKILR said:

I really like this! I feel like a lot of "aesthetic" items in Waframe could be a lot better. I, for one, personally love the Ash Prime helmet, but hate the long rat tail.

One thing I've always been drawn to is the fearless experimentation with weird design in Warframe. Lots of risktaking... lots of oddness too! Happy to be able to add to it all :D

I should be finishing tonight or tomorrow at latest, wrapping my head around the tintmask. I've so far stuck true to 4 tintzones broken down into primary, secondary, tertiary, accents zones, but... probably going to have to change that a little for this one in particular. I love having the accent color dripping off the bottoms of all the tendrils. The light blue in this image is Tint1, yellow is energy of course, purple is Tint4. I'm going to add some Tint2 in (the dark blue) but... might only use Tint3 on a small metal bracket that is on the underside of the main helmet base. Here's where I am at the moment:

tumblr_o5efp9oGGj1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Tint4 is far more obvious on the Immortal skin, so hopefully that balances things out. Anyone have any colors you'd like to see? Screenshot your swatches for me please :D I'll just eyedropper them and bucket fill in Photoshop, no need to tell me what palettes they're from. 

Finally threw it into TennoGen with a working tintmask. Starting to understand why the Mortos has that grey untintable area all the way down the inner side... hard to see it without that contrast. I'll sleep on it before I upload tomorrow!

tumblr_o5efp9oGGj1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...