Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cells - This Is Warframes Endgame

notionphil

Brilliant idea, I support this :)

Just wondering, would you be able to play the same cell twice?

Yes, you can play any Cell it as many times as you like. However, you will have to build the Dossier each time, which can range from 1-7+ days depending on how rare the item in the Cell is. Dossier BP's never vanish though - once you have it, you can build/run over and over.

Specific rare Cells might reward things like Potatoes or Forma, or 2500 Salvage, you'd want to re-run those. However, the long build time for the Dossier and the prohibitive cost for those specific Cells will make it so you can't simply run that Cell every day (or every week even).

Content as challenging as this sounds as though it requires a full team, which means you must be able to revive dead players and players need to be allowed to use their existing self-revives.

Other than that, this is a seriously good idea.

Perhaps you could "pick a player up" and slowly carry him/her only using your sidearm, or even with NO WEAPON (rely on other allies for protection). Special aid-stations could revive players.

Second lvl of dificulity.

There would be a second timer after a player has "died" (ran out of time at the revive timer/downed time) This is the players "critical status".

1: A player being carried could be put down on the ground if a situation called for the carrying player to return fire or open a door/ hack a console. The carried player would be linked to the life support of the player carrying him/her. And if put down the critical timer would start.

This give you a second chance at having a full team but is somewhat harder. Running out of time in the critical state would however kill the player for the rest of the game.

2: no timer but a complex "hacking" mini game "operation" to revive the player. ALL PLAYERS OPERATE TOGETHER!

Perhaps you could "pick a player up" and slowly carry him/her only using your sidearm, or even with NO WEAPON (rely on other allies for protection). Special aid-stations could revive players.

Second lvl of dificulity.

There would be a second timer after a player has "died" (ran out of time at the revive timer/downed time) This is the players "critical status".

1: A player being carried could be put down on the ground if a situation called for the carrying player to return fire or open a door/ hack a console. The carried player would be linked to the life support of the player carrying him/her. And if put down the critical timer would start.

This give you a second chance at having a full team but is somewhat harder. Running out of time in the critical state would however kill the player for the rest of the game.

2: no timer but a complex "hacking" mini game "operation" to revive the player. ALL PLAYERS OPERATE TOGETHER!

Picking downed players up, for revival (via hacking) at a station elsewhere on the ship would be a cool game mechanic in general. I wouldn't think that should be Cell specific!

Picking downed players up, for revival (via hacking) at a station elsewhere on the ship would be a cool game mechanic in general. I wouldn't think that should be Cell specific!

It would be a nice feature, how ever most of the people that play this game would probably see it as a time-consuming destraction that messed with the pacing of the game. "It's supposed to be fast".

Spending 2-5 min on a rush-map and then breaking off for a team operation taking X time to find the room +x time for the operation + time to get back.

Perhaps on a Defense map...but that would be extremely hard to make work properly. This needs some kind of new gameplay style in order to work. Getting killed is not such a big deal as it is now. Perhaps if you've ran out of revives but there ain't much else that would call for this.

Adding some incentive to revive might help but I can't think of one right now that doesn't have a major exploit.

Idea was: perhaps if players revived other frames a small amount of knowledge would be gained about that frame. After collecting a rather high amount of these knowledge "parts" a player could put them togheter in order to form a complementary blueprint part.

Ex: you've revived Banshee 48 times, you have knowledge of the frame but you still miss the Helmet BP. Using your "knowledge parts" of the frame you would be able to replace the missing Helmet BP.

Exploit. Players pretty much just standing around dying and others reviving them for knowledge-parts.

The idea was to give players another way of attaining frames (max one replacement part per frame).

This IS the right direction.  This would would lend itself to episodic content updates(City of Heroes) where key pieces of lore could be dolled out so there would always be something fresh in the game(and relatively easy to implement once the model is up). They could upgrade their weekend events to become more exciting events that forward the Warframe universe and much better serve the game and players. Unfortunately, since DE has ignored developing meaningful gameplay content so far, this would take them forever while they do dippy $hit, like re-worked bosses.  They really aren't challenging themselves to develop the Warfarm universe into the dynamic dangerous playground it deserves to be.  Any meaningful content to lore or gameplay is taking too long to develop.  They are going to lose people over their near-sighted model and over-focus on monetization systems. Take a risk Steve and do something big like this and stop piddling around with petty content updates(causing game stagnation), tile-set editors(ignores the real game issues), re-worked bosses(stop-gap measure) and new factions dropped into the same game model(old model obsolete).  We don't want it.  We want this.  Grow some huevos and grow the freaking game already.

This IS the right direction.  This would would lend itself to episodic content updates(City of Heroes) where key pieces of lore could be dolled out so there would always be something fresh in the game(and relatively easy to implement once the model is up). They could upgrade their weekend events to become more exciting events that forward the Warframe universe and much better serve the game and players. Unfortunately, since DE has ignored developing meaningful gameplay content so far, this would take them forever while they do dippy $hit, like re-worked bosses.  They really aren't challenging themselves to develop the Warfarm universe into the dynamic dangerous playground it deserves to be.  Any meaningful content to lore or gameplay is taking too long to develop.  They are going to lose people over their near-sighted model and over-focus on monetization systems. Take a risk Steve and do something big like this and stop piddling around with petty content updates(causing game stagnation), tile-set editors(ignores the real game issues), re-worked bosses(stop-gap measure) and new factions dropped into the same game model(old model obsolete).  We don't want it.  We want this.  Grow some huevos and grow the freaking game already.

Wow Alocrius,

You definitely have a clear understanding of my (hopeful) vision for Cells.

Thanks for the strong support and also the analysis of the current state of Warframe. I do agree that the content needs context! Using the current mission system, there's simply no way to develop enough content for the players (ooh, a new boss that we can all kill 5 times within 20m of being added :P ). We can access essentially everything in the game with 1 click, and then instantly burn through it with high powered weaponry.

Please make sure to tell your friendly local dev or community rep that you'd like them to consider Cells!  Upvoted, and thanks!

Well, after reading through this thread again I can agree pretty much wholeheartedly about this idea.

Well written and well-thought.

Hi Fish,

Thanks, and thanks again for helping shape Cells through feedback.

If you haven't had a chance, please view/feedback the Harmony - A Skill Based Complement to Mastery thread! It's focused on rewarding play with high level frames without unbalancing Mastery.

also i dont think level restrictions are a good idea, just make lower level cells give worse rewards, forcing you to delevel will just lead to uneccesary grinding, there is enough motive to use formas already and that is to mod and perfect your weapon exactly the way you want it.

Yeah, the incentive to do it is there, but you're missing the point.  Is it fun(current system) to re-level a weapon/warframe you're familiar with already several times?  Not especially.  So cells gives you something fun to do while you re-level that weapon/warframe again and again.  Is it important to enjoy and even be rewarded by the game while you perfect your equipment?  The answer should be yes.  There could even be special missions/story arcs for forma'd frames.  I think having tiered cells all receiving desirable/unique rewards is a strong point of the cell system.  Especially in terms of story.  There are lots of angles story-wise for rewarding inexperienced Tenno.

Edited by alocrius

I got an idea  for different ways for getting a second chance to live because u know it becomes boring when u must w8 for someone to revive u.For example I decided to rush a defence mission and camp @ spawn while my teammates are protecting the artifact.I die but they are 2 far away to make it in time ....  the tenno in me understands this and gets an adrennaline rush which makes my heart speed up .. but the tennos dont have noradrenalin so I need to kill for example 10 enemies .... to get revenge and revive if I dont kill them in the time given my heart will just explode. This is one of many possible scenarios and mods like rage will make this situation appear more often than the normal situation where ur live is being decided by the others .... this also will encourage try soloing something because they will have a way to revive now , not just spending another revive.This wont be a loss to the money for buying platinum because no 1 uses platinum to get a bonus revive evry1 switches frame and its k. So thats my suggestion.This would also work with Harmony ... the higher the harmony the higher chance to get to a invulnurable meditating mode that u must press key combos to last longer and if u made it for full time for exampe 20 sec and get revived.

Edit: Sorry for bad grammar and etc.

Edit  2 :

The only promblem I see with the level restrictions is that while doing a cell that contain for example 5 mission u will surely overlevel the cell and lose the reward at the end .The only possible way to fix that is to make a Cell-Xp-Storage device  that  instead of giving u the exp after every mission it gives it to u at the end of the cell but if u didnt make it to the end u still get the stored xp from the device.

Edit 3: This is constructive criticizm not hate.

Edited by Fil4oBangsAlot

Edit  2 :

The only promblem I see with the level restrictions is that while doing a cell that contain for example 5 mission u will surely overlevel the cell and lose the reward at the end .The only possible way to fix that is to make a Cell-Xp-Storage device  that  instead of giving u the exp after every mission it gives it to u at the end of the cell but if u didnt make it to the end u still get the stored xp from the device.

Edit 3: This is constructive criticizm not hate.

Hi Filo,

As long as your gear was within the level range when you start the first mission of the Cell, you would be fine. Any leveling during the Cell is not counted. The Cell would be designed with this in mind - enemies on mission 4 or 5 would be higher level than those on mission 1.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I really really like the idea, but some of these things you listed as possibly things like the "Starting with no ammo at all" thing and the "ALL enemies release poison on death" would just be stupid, same with making us unable to use skills, that just takes the fun out of frames and most would just go with a high defense frame like Rhino or Frost for the defense instead of people using what they like to use or have fun using.

Hope DE looks into something like a really really long mission with traps and secrets all over. (Think a super Void of sorts)

Also add in the fact of these missions dropping ALL material types. :P Would be a reward in of its self.

Edited by BobBoberson

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, because just reading through the whole thing made me daydream off into how incredible the game would become. I'm not 100% crazy about some of the additional parameters SUCH AS no ammo, no melee, no skills, or generally anything that PREVENTS at least one person in that Cell group from playing the warframe they WANT TO, not that the GROUP NEEDS. ALL FRAMES should be completely viable together. But I think this, or at least most of this, absolutely NEEDS to come to be. The core gameplay mechanics are in-tact currently, but that's it. There is no point, OR story. And this, I believe, is the best way to do it. +1

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, because just reading through the whole thing made me daydream off into how incredible the game would become. I'm not 100% crazy about some of the additional parameters SUCH AS no ammo, no melee, no skills, or generally anything that PREVENTS at least one person in that Cell group from playing the warframe they WANT TO, not that the GROUP NEEDS. ALL FRAMES should be completely viable together. But I think this, or at least most of this, absolutely NEEDS to come to be. The core gameplay mechanics are in-tact currently, but that's it. There is no point, OR story. And this, I believe, is the best way to do it. +1

Hi Shadebain,

Thanks for your support and also the feedback. You are 100% correct, the actual Recon Conditions I have listed need work. Some are OK as is, but some would be more frustrating than challenging. Think of this list as of 'placeholder' conditions, and I hope the community can help think of more.

My goal was to utilize mechanics which were mostly in the game already, so that gave some limitation. However, if more resources were available we could make the Recon Conditions truly amazing; fun and challenging hazards that you could tactically plan your way around.

Having said that, do think some of the conditions such as No Ammo could be fun if built correctly. Imagine you and I start a duo mission with no ammo at all. After subduing the initial rush of light guards with our melee weapons, lotus informs us that there should be a small supply cache near the objective. On the way, we use a combination of powers and melee to take down small surveying teams.

We drop down into a secured room, sneaking around the heavy grineer troop looking the other way, then find a locker with a Blue ring - holding over 100 rounds of ammo. We load up, then unload into the machinegunner, just as she turns in our direction.

Now, we conserve our remaining 50 rounds for the Impasse that Lotus just announced....

Fantastic! This is the sort of thing needed for the 'end game' as just chasing mods and leveling stuff will get tiresome soon. 'End game' is most definitely wrong term to use here, as this is something that can engross a player from day 1, yet keep the players entertained that have been here since the beginning.

+1 from me.