Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know what really grinds my gears (for no good reason)?

(PSN)Shade0217

The plural of "Tenno." I don't know why, but whenever I see "Tennos," I get annoyed. And not like a minor inconvenienced sort of annoyed, but a raging "you absolute buffoon" sort of annoyed.  Which wouldn't be so bad, except I see it everywhere. Whether its a clan name like "suchandsuch tennos" or "random adjective Tennos." or an alliance name like "verbing Tennos alliance," or a message or post or whatever. 

And you know what? I don't even know why it bothers me. I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi by any means, in any other avenue of life. For all I know, the plural of Tenno may in fact be "Tennos." But I pray it isn't. I think its akin to those people who cringe every time they see or hear the word "moist."

I can't help but laugh at my own frustration. I love the game, and I love the warframe community. I didn't know if anyone else got as worked up as I did over something so minimal.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

The plural of "Tenno." I don't know why, but whenever I see "Tennos," I get annoyed. And not like a minor inconvenienced sort of annoyed, but a raging "you absolute buffoon" sort of annoyed.  Which wouldn't be so bad, except I see it everywhere. Whether its a clan name like "suchandsuch tennos" or "random adjective Tennos." or an alliance name like "verbing Tennos alliance," or a message or post or whatever. 

And you know what? I don't even know why it bothers me. I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi by any means, in any other avenue of life. For all I know, the plural of Tenno may in fact be "Tennos." But I pray it isn't. I think its akin to those people who cringe every time they see or hear the word "moist."

I can't help but laugh at my own frustration. I love the game, and I love the warframe community. I didn't know if anyone else got as worked up as I did over something so minimal.

"Tenno" is like "moose". Just as the plural of "moose" is "moose", the plural of "Tenno" is "Tenno". And yes, it annoys me greatly as well.

Just now, LevitatingNarwhal said:

"Tenno" is like "moose". Just as the plural of "moose" is "moose", the plural of "Tenno" is "Tenno". And yes, it annoys me greatly as well.

What are you saying; the plural of moose is meese. Get your grammar straight. 

3 minutes ago, LevitatingNarwhal said:

I feel much better now, thank you.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

hmm, now that I think about it - i like Tennos better than Tenno.

Tennos it is

Your despicable. You absolute monster.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

PlayerA: "WTB such and such"

Me: "such and such 5p"

PlayerA: "I don't have any plat."

>_<

for me its

Me-"WTB thingy. Pm Prices"

seller-"Offer for thingy"

I'm not looking to haggle a price, I'm looking for a deal. I don't go to a market thinking "This apple isn't worth $0.60, I'm gonna try and get a better price." I look at it like this: This apple is going for $0.60 at this market, but I can get it for $0.30 over there"

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

For all I know, the plural of Tenno may in fact be "Tennos." But I pray it isn't.

It isn't :*

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Me: WTS thingy, offer

Buyer: How much for thingy

All the tennos, having all the funs, herding their sheeps and deers. Maintaining the traffics, through their travels, while consuming the many grasses. Spanning the lands, while trudging the muds caused from rains and waters. The journey complete, free from guilts, as the expand their wisdoms and knowledges. 

Can someone grammar check this?

1 minute ago, The_Mustachio said:

All the tennos, having all the funs, herding their sheeps and deers. Maintaining the traffics, through their travels, while consuming the many grasses. Spanning the lands, while trudging the muds caused from rains and waters. The journey complete, free from guilts, as the expand their wisdoms and knowledges. 

Can someone grammar check this?

Absolutely flawless, A+

60Dyq2J.gif

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

for me its

I'm not looking to haggle a price, I'm looking for a deal. I don't go to a market thinking "This apple isn't worth $0.60, I'm gonna try and get a better price." I look at it like this: This apple is going for $0.60 at this market, but I can get it for $0.30 over there"

I told someone I'd sell him the Despoil mod he was WTB... for 10 :platinum: 

He responds, great, now I just gotta get the 10p.

-__________________-

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

Hopefully this will help. Tenno is the last name of Hayden Tenno - the first "Tenno" - or more correctly the first Space Ninja or Warframe wearer. "Tenno" is not like saying monkey or ninja - it alludes to the name of Hayden Tenno and thus just like you do not alter a name when talking in plural you would not alter "Tenno" because it IS a name. So technically "Tennos" is correct.

i wonder how manyypeople know that Tenno came from Hayden Tenno anyway... I bet most people think it's some organizational term synonymous with ninja, merc or something... NOPE, it's just the last name of Hayden, and since he was the first Space ninja lotus just started calling everyone else "Tenno"... your in the family now, kid.