The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime's Firing Sound

MoonZapdos

The sound which bolt weapons (Akbolto, Boltor, etc.) produce on close-range impact is annoying, but you get used to it after a while. The sound Latron Prime makes simply hurts my ears.

Are there any plans for the squeaky firing sound to be changed or for players to be able to mod sound files? Because right now it's just painful to listen to.

The sound which bolt weapons (Akbolto, Boltor, etc.) produce on close-range impact is annoying, but you get used to it after a while. The sound Latron Prime makes simply hurts my ears.

Are there any plans for the squeaky firing sound to be changed or for players to be able to mod sound files? Because right now it's just painful to listen to.

Yeah it does sound like a toy. I don't think it needs a complete re-work but it lacks a menacing quality. too high pitched.

Edited by RawGritz

It's strange how it's always a split decision between those that love/hate it. Personally I hate it, the latron is my favorite rifle though. So I'm torn between the pewpew and more damage, or the deep gun sound and less damage.

If I'm not mistaken, the devs already said that they will be taking a look at weapon sounds. One of the opinions that I remember reading was that certain guns' sounds did not match their size. Take from that what you will, but they are going to work on the audio.