Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.8.0

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Spookmineer said:

Bug?

In the reworked void room which has a MD point in the middle (the one which used to have 4 waterfalls obscuring the stairs behind it), I don't get the datamass back after defending it...?

[edit]

Tried a second time, same error :/

I'll stop doing TxMD for a bit...

It is also happening to me.. so, it seems to be a bug in the room

4 hours ago, Katinka said:

Sooo...  We automatically get it as soon as the reset happens or what?  As a European player who sometimes plays until half an hour to an hour after reset I'd rather not get my Daily Tribute until I next log in because I don't want to be getting a 3 hour Affinity booster and have to let it go to waste.

This. This so very much. Please undo this change as soon as possible, DE. Logging out and back in is barely any hassle to begin with.

4 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why did you do that?

Because getting headshot effect without landing actual headshots with your aim, is totally against the whole point of the weapon and what it is supposed to be. The whole "elemental status for headshots" thing was an obvious exploit and should have been patched out long ago... 

5 hours ago, SasoDuck said:

Is no one going to talk about the fact that they just destroyed the Dual Toxocysts ONLY method of not sucking? DE, do you even play your own game? Have you used to Dual Toxocysts? Apparently you haven't.

I want my goddamn forma back.

Don't you guys know how to aim? I never felt the need to add gas, blast or electricity, like, ever.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tweaked animation of the Flameblade’s teleport attack to not be ready to hit players the instant they teleport.

Oh thank god. That was getting painful. Relying on Dethcube, or being staggered out of their range long enough to recover, to survive those guys was nuts.

2 hours ago, ml1201 said:

I'm actually stuck in the limbo one since it glitched on me, so I can hear him for that, but other than that I'm not hearing him.

Yeah he wasnt speaking during my Limbo quest too

Also No one else getting a crash when doing mission in grineer ships? I keep crashing and cant continue the mission...

Edited by Neptlude

1 hour ago, DreadWarlock said:

Don't you guys know how to aim? I never felt the need to add gas, blast or electricity, like, ever.

That's completely irrelevant. It's not the weapon we put work into. And bug or not, it didn't come close to weapons like Tonkor or Simulor that aren't considered to be exploitative.

From a gameplay balance perspective, it wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed.

4 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

That's completely irrelevant. It's not the weapon we put work into. And bug or not, it didn't come close to weapons like Tonkor or Simulor that aren't considered to be exploitative.

From a gameplay balance perspective, it wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed.

From a gameplay perspective it was broken, although not unbalanced. It says pretty clearly in the description,"Headshots" make it excited.That's it.

Someone found out that blast or gas made it go excited and spread the word about it, under no circunstances was it officially said that elements could make it go excited.

Edited by DreadWarlock

Lol wut. And good change on the pistols.
We can at least use Dread and Castanas now. 

Hopefully this is the first start of Ammo 1.5.

Tweaked Sortie Assassination fights so they will no longer be melee only.

•    Secondary Weapons that used Sniper Ammo will now consume Pistol Ammo and use Pistol Ammo pickups. Pistol Ammo pickups have been adjusted for these weapons to deliver 10 Ammo on pickup. 

DE, I love the look of the new sugatra, but can you please fix the physics? It looks terrible floating and wiggling around like it does. It's supposed to be crystal...why doesn't it seem to have any weight? Ice is fairly heavy and, unless it's a snowflake, doesn't float through the air.

Still no fix for: the leaves on Oberon's deluxe helmet. They look pretty bad distorting themselves like that instead of waving like the other ones do.

Still no fix for: Enemies in archwing interception being able to leave a tower's range after beginning to capture and then continuing to capture, allowing them to capture a tower from the other side of the map. This makes it infuriating to try to track down the one enemy that's capturing a tower and finding out they were on the other side of the map somewhere. We can only capture within range, so they should be limited just the same.

1 minute ago, DreadWarlock said:

From a gameplay perspective it was broken, although not unbalanced. It says pretty clearly in the description,"Headshots" make it excited.

3 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

Still no fix for Drac Chroma helmet after using elemental ward... And pls... change somehow the pulling skills of ancients and scorpions.... its not enjoyable to be pulled every second from one healer to another... Its like they have 100% to catch you, even if you are moving, jumping and etc....

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

•    Fixed the Dual Toxocyst getting ‘excited’ from elemental status effects as per: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/622296-dual-toxocyst-gets-excited-buff-on-gas-blast-and-electricity-procs/ 

Oh how nice:) Even though I never really used those pistols, I'd say this will make many people sad. Thanks to the good gentlemen above^ now they work "as intended".

16 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Balanced or not it's another matter entirely

No it isn't. It's the only thing that matters. It was flavor. It was different. Now its trash.

Its inconsistent, unreliable DPS and the effort isn't worth the outcome. Dual Toxocyst was trumped by effortless weapons like Lex Prime, Atomos, Aksomati/Azima. There was never a reason to use it before other than just being different. Now there's no reason to use it at all.

It would have been easier to change the in-game description to match the weapon's function, than to change the function to match the description.

Remember when they changed Kohm from projectile to hitscan? That was necessary from a performance perspective, but because it lost its ability to ricochet shots it was almost globally considered a nerf (and that was a weapon becoming hitscan!). It was too system intensive to remain as it was, so as much as it hurt the weapon, the nerf had to happen.

But this? There was no reason for this.

Probably a good thing, that hammer... too bad i was a lazy sloth in this life and never gathered or saved enough criotics.%) And imagine my surprise, when i decide to go digging for it, and no excavators found at all, despite my best efforts to find one.%) Only endless enemies, bringing batteries to me... so, i guess, it's a fair trade, no hammer, but enough batteries to create another one entirely from them.)))

7 hours ago, Katinka said:

Sooo...  We automatically get it as soon as the reset happens or what?  As a European player who sometimes plays until half an hour to an hour after reset I'd rather not get my Daily Tribute until I next log in because I don't want to be getting a 3 hour Affinity booster and have to let it go to waste.

I'll have to agree on this one. This is, sadly, actually the first thing that came to my mind.

However, I do like the hammer, looks very nice.

24 minutes ago, Roboplus said:

No it isn't. It's the only thing that matters. It was flavor. It was different. Now its trash.

Its inconsistent, unreliable DPS and the effort isn't worth the outcome. Dual Toxocyst was trumped by effortless weapons like Lex Prime, Atomos, Aksomati/Azima. There was never a reason to use it before other than just being different. Now there's no reason to use it at all.

It would have been easier to change the in-game description to match the weapon's function, than to change the function to match the description.

Remember when they changed Kohm from projectile to hitscan? That was necessary from a performance perspective, but because it lost its ability to ricochet shots it was almost globally considered a nerf (and that was a weapon becoming hitscan!). It was too system intensive to remain as it was, so as much as it hurt the weapon, the nerf had to happen.

But this? There was no reason for this.

Pleeeeease, Unreliable? I'm sorry to say that it's anything but unreliable, i can safely get a headshot every 6 seconds even without area damage elements and most of the time all enemies die before i have a chance to need another excited buff. 

Trumped? I don't know what are you talking about. The weapon has a DPS that's good enough to do what Lex Prime, Atomos, Aksomati, Vaykor marelok and Telos Bolto can do, these weapons only do it better. Being effective is all a weapon needs to be, whether A or B weapon it's better than it makes no difference at all, only perfectionists or power creeps would choose a weapon based on whether they have the best stats possible, when you current weapon can already give you good results. Also, you guys think too much on T3-T4 endless, when it's not the endgame. 

Sorties and Raids are easy for you? How absolutely delightful, unfortunately for you the game currently lacks content above that, but you can be sure that they'll eventually do more things for endgame players to do. However, the game is currently lacking in balance above level 100 enemies, as proof it's pretty much impossible to survive without putting corrosive damage or corrosive projection in every single freaking build, which is absurd, corrosive doesn't even offer you the best damage, it only works due to it's proc. (A bit unrelated to your comment, I know, but this one wasn't aimed at you, more like an extra comment)

Edited by DreadWarlock

this update cost 10gb? wtf  T-T i just download it for 11GB and play it for 2 days, then i must download it again for 10gB? oh come on. do you have alternative way to minimize that size? some thing like manual update

Edited by LordGremoire