Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30K CRYOTIC FOR SIBEAR?!?

MajesticPinecone

Must be one of those long term goal weapons...

1 minute ago, Melos-mevim said:

yeah because cryotic is totally not farm able and is super hard to get

30k Cryotic takes a while, but its not that hard to get. More of a time-wall than a grind one.

Well someone in DE said 'players have too much reward' so they nerf the excavation, you can't even hold 2 excavator at a time.

Now you have to work 300 excavator = over 30000 seconds = over 8.3hrs NONSTOP for a weapon. Apparently DE never tried to farm/test the requirement because Cryotic is far from common and Excavation is far from enjoyable/rewarding.

Without other 'efficient' source it's only a punishment for even normal players (except for no life hardcore players which has nothing to do other than Excavation). If you thinks that's fine, then more incoming.

Edited by VCaptiion
  • Like 1

Just now, Kao-Snake said:

Must be one of those long term goal weapons...

30k Cryotic takes a while, but its not that hard to get. More of a time-wall than a grind one.

don't see how its hard to get that much cryotic a few runs on any excavation low or high and you pretty much have it

Just now, Kao-Snake said:

15 rounds of excavation. Isn't that much...
And you don't use cryotic for everything, so you should have a nice pile of it lying around if you go and farm for some cores from time to time...

Just now, Grim_Shadow said:

its not the fact that its 30k its the fact cryotic is so boring to farm

I was gonna be a little snarky coming into this topic, but you've saved yourself and made an extremely valid point.  I apologize for my hypothetical snark.

As it is, I think I got lucky, I've somehow got a massive surplus of Cryotic...not sure when or how I got that, but I won't complain!

30000 Cyrotic is 300 full extractors, so 100 seconds per extractor means about 9 hours of non-stop excavation, plus loading times, time the excavator takes to show up and other stuff.

Of course, a bunch of long time players will defend it for some reason (brain damage possibly), because they only farm Hueracon non-stop.

Nothing in the game takes 30k of any resource, and pretty much 90% of the playerbase would never farm this much cyrotic.

• Like 1

Just now, Melos-mevim said:

don't see how its hard to get that much cryotic a few runs on any excavation low or high and you pretty much have it

What I said.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

15 rounds of excavation. Isn't that much...
And you don't use cryotic for everything, so you should have a nice pile of it lying around if you go and farm for some cores from time to time...

Its not. I just made a comparison: this is more of a time-wall than a grind-wall.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

I was gonna be a little snarky coming into this topic, but you've saved yourself and made an extremely valid point.  I apologize for my hypothetical snark.

As it is, I think I got lucky, I've somehow got a massive surplus of Cryotic...not sure when or how I got that, but I won't complain!

the ONLY time ive ever farmed cryotic is when its either been A a sortie mission or B for clan research its almost as boring as spy to me sit in one spot guard an object rinse repeat atleast def and survival i can move around and act stupid

I unfortunately fall under the same problem of needing to wait out 300 extractors. I suppose that is mostly because I solo research everything in my clan most of the time, but that is still a fairly high amount. Were it 10-15k, it wouldn't seem nearly as daunting. The time required is still a bit insane.